Thread: Newbie here

Default Newbie here

hi im a newbie here. erm. basically need u guys to give me some tips and learn from it .
    basically is aiming to buy compact camera for a start.
    erm can i ask if Nikon COOLPIX P90 , Canon PowerShot A480 or PowerShot A2100 IS is suitable for me. was tinking abt P90.

Default Re: Newbie here

Hello, Kiang. A warm welcome to you.
    Hmmm... you have ask a difficult question which unfortunately can only have one answer- from yourself.
    Read around this forum by entering the names of your potential camera in the Search button.
    Then make your own decision.

hi thnx. ya i am searching for a 2nd hand p90 using the search box. btw can i post some pictures here for comments becux i am using a handphone camera so the graphic is not as good buy need some comments,

Hmm.. if I were you I would want to go for a compact pns that have manual PASM modes. That way I can learn the basics of getting the correct exposure. A good zoom range is also desirable to practice different types of composition.

Cheers

Mahathir
    Only in death, I shall be truly liberated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiang View Post
    hi thnx. ya i am searching for a 2nd hand p90 using the search box. btw can i post some pictures here for comments becux i am using a handphone camera so the graphic is not as good buy need some comments,
    1. You should be looking in the Nikon Marketplace section.
    2. We have gallery sections for a reason.
    Alpha

yupps i found the gallerie section. srry. wasnt able to find users selling p90.

try a semi-SLR first, pickup the advance technic like aperture mode, shutter mode, program mode and last the manual mode. Maybe next time you like me found out that the cam not fast enough to capture what you want and head toward DSLR, hahaha......I learn all my stuff from there play and play, take and take. My first cam was semi_SLR canon A80 i remember. Play until the camera spoil. :P

i see hahas~ u have any semi_slr to recomend? hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiang View Post
    i see hahas~ u have any semi_slr to recomend? hmm.
    these are more commonly known as prosumers. canon has a few..S90(latest one), G11. Panasonic has its LX-3, etc...

best is to go to places like courts/HN to have a hands on feel of these cameras to decide which one u one.. feature-wise.. most are the same..

i see. hmm. was tinking of getting a 2nd hand. so yupps. mayb if u can recomend some and i tink most probably will get it from the marketplace.

No recommend.... you should try it urself, the feel, the setting, and more. Mine is a canon powershot I can say. Maybe you like Panasonic...

Welcome to CS
    Take the shot!

Welcome to CS, suggest u try googling up for reviews on the respective cam models u have shortlisted and have a feel of, try it out @ the shops..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Welcome to CS, suggest u try googling up for reviews on the respective cam models u have shortlisted and have a feel of, try it out @ the shops..
    try it out at shops thn if its suitable thn find a 2nd hand uh? hmmm..