Thread: Hotels in JB

Default Hotels in JB

Any experience with good and nice hotels in JB? Preferably within walking distance to the City Square area. Looking for a nice and cheap shopping and food getaway...

TIA!!!

Tert

hi you should try the putri pan pacific hotel ... 5star hotel with 3star sg hotel prices .. the last time i went there with my wife for a short getaway i spent about 98sgd nett per night without the phone access and breakfast..

or you could try the Hyatt too ... bout 5rm worth of taxi fare to citysquare and plus the view is great (seaview facing sg) plus it is on small hill so if want to take time of for shoot pic it would have good view i think plus u still could use your singapore handphone with out the autoroaming being activited, the buffet dinner there is good very good and for less then 30sgd

hope this helps

Hotel Grand Continental

stayed there a week back at only RM115 per night twin-sharing room. buffet breakfast and welcome drink included.

Quote Originally Posted by duhville
    hi you should try the putri pan pacific hotel ... 5star hotel with 3star sg hotel prices .. the last time i went there with my wife for a short getaway i spent about 98sgd nett per night without the phone access and breakfast..

or you could try the Hyatt too ... bout 5rm worth of taxi fare to citysquare and plus the view is great (seaview facing sg) plus it is on small hill so if want to take time of for shoot pic it would have good view i think plus u still could use your singapore handphone with out the autoroaming being activited, the buffet dinner there is good very good and for less then 30sgd

hope this helps
    Thanks for the information duh... The Putri and Hyatt are both top on my list. Was thinking of the Putri given that it is of walking distance from City Square and we could like shop, eat and catch a show till late and still walk back after that. The Putri is walkable from CS? Hope i don't have to wander and douge into dark alleys just to get back.

It appears the Hyatt has a nicer environment though from the pictures i see from the web. 5rm for a taxi to CS makes the Hyatt seems rather far. Quite a good deal though. 200rm for accomodations including breakfast.

Hmm... tough decisions like everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by wacko
    Hotel Grand Continental

stayed there a week back at only RM115 per night twin-sharing room. buffet breakfast and welcome drink included.

yes Grand Con is good but i think Crystal Crowne is cheaper and has better service although that's further away from City Sq

Quote Originally Posted by nillujube
    yes Grand Con is good but i think Crystal Crowne is cheaper and has better service although that's further away from City Sq
    Nillujbe: Its two thirty in the morning now and your avatar doesn't make my sleep later any easier...

Crystla Crowne is rather far though...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tert
    Nillujbe: Its two thirty in the morning now and your avatar doesn't make my sleep later any easier...

Crystla Crowne is rather far though...

Thanks!
    i wldnt have realised its this late if you didnt say!

pan pacific is deft the nearest to city sq...
    but their food suxs