Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Today is a bad day!

Default Re: Today is a bad day!

and to TS,what is the purpose of u lamenting your loss here then disappear?go tell that best friend or bff to pay up la.what do u expect the forumers to do?mourn for your loss? come on if your friend dares to borrow your stuffs for overseas trip,he better have some responsibility.he shld know your gears are not cheap and why din he bring his assuming he knows how to operate dslr,he shld have his own. So is his lost? This kind of thing if i lost,i will tell my friend and tell him i will replace it. If i am out of cash,i just ask for some grace period. If i want to not pay,then i am definitely a screw up bff.

hmm... So maybe there's a slight catch here.

If lender insist on the friend paying --> is the lender treating the borrower as good friend?

BUT, the borrower wouldn't pay the lender without the insistance of the lender --> should the borrower be treated like a good friend in the first place?

I think its all hinges on the obligation of the borrower.

Your friend would have a worse day.

It's his honeymoon, he may lose the camera + lens ($$$), but the worst thing is, even if he can afford to buy a new set of gears for TS, he is going to lose his friend's trust and the memory (photos) for his honeymoon. There are things money can't buy.

That's life.

very simple:you pay what you lose. This is sthg we shld do. No? Still need to see if friend insist?or if friend insist then it is ok not to compensate?some of you ppl here,how i wish some of you were my friends then i can start borrowing things fr u.so holy goly,i can borrow and don't return. Maybe i shld teach my kids fr young to make lots of gd friend when young. So next time i don't need to buy all these stuffs for themm.they can just borrow and i 'lose it' for them and then give them as gift. So this is the way we set e example for the next generation.

Not easy for people in Singapore where you are likely to meet them.

1a. Even if you have spare cash, the amount is hard to swallow as being thrown away. If the wife or gf finds out. Another problem.

2a. No easy to loose a friend when you are a polite type. If a friend is like superglue, are you going to scold at him/her in the open? That why we have legal repossess companies.

3a. If TS friend is understanding, TS won't be writing this thread to complaint.

4a. TS needs to ask or hint the friend.

TS, Hope you will get back the compensation to buy the gears back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    1. If you have the spare cash.. then it is ok.
    2. This is the opportunity to evaluate so call 'friendship'.
    3. It is OK to loose this 'friend' if he choose to ignore you when you ask him abt the camera
    4. Friendship is mutual.. one must understands the other need.. if u are not too rich and yr friend is loaded... then he should compensate you.
    5. It is his duty and obligation to COMPENSATE U

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    So true!

What I found unfathomable is, so many, dreaming up excuses, why TS should not demand compensation.

If the friend who borrowed the camera and lost it, does not compensate voluntarily, is that a friend worth having?
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    agree with deadpoet. Why nowadays everything must be so ambiguous?if the friend really save my life before or sthg major yes i think can maybe close 1 eye.else how to?isn't it norm you shld compensate somebody when u lose the items.
    Are u gonna teach your kids it is ok to lost your best friend's things because if he thinks you are his best friend then you no need to pay.if you pay,this person not your best friend? Come on talk some sense pls.
    And talk is cheap,try losing your own gear of equivalent value then come here and say it is ok. Don't tell me you only lose a mickey mouse camera or watch..lose items worth a few k then come and tell ppl it is ok. Yes money can earn back...yeah so easy to earn right.$ fall fr the sky?
    ya lor, to me, it'a a simple and straight forward case here. lose things means must pay up. maybe I am old fashioned, if I borrow something from my friend and I lose it, I will tell him I will pay back. No questions asked. Don't need to talk about last time grandfather grandmother story like "I lend you my lecture notes so that you passed your exams" or "I let you copy my lab report" so I don't have to payup this time. Don't even need the friend to go to some forum and rant about it. Period.

if want to talk about friendship, history everything than there is no end. maybe the good friend is TS' life saviour previously but TS might have already repaid the "favor". One can't expect a friend to be indebted to oneself forever and ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendell View Post
    Your friend would have a worse day.

It's his honeymoon, he may lose the camera + lens ($$$), but the worst thing is, even if he can afford to buy a new set of gears for TS, he is going to lose his friend's trust and the memory (photos) for his honeymoon. There are things money can't buy.

That's life.
    err, its a second honeymoon...yep, that's life. Life is never fair. Maybe if the friend had used a pns cam, he might not have lost it.

come to think about it, TS still didn't explain how the best friend can lose such a big setup. was the friend robbed? hotel room broken into or what? it seems to me (and I am speculating here so no flames please) that the whole story is very suspicious/fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    ya lor, to me, it'a a simple and straight forward case here. lose things means must pay up. maybe I am old fashioned, if I borrow something from my friend and I lose it, I will tell him I will pay back. No questions asked. Don't need to talk about last time grandfather grandmother story like "I lend you my lecture notes so that you passed your exams" or "I let you copy my lab report" so I don't have to payup this time. Don't even need the friend to go to some forum and rant about it. Period.

if want to talk about friendship, history everything than there is no end. maybe the good friend is TS' life saviour previously but TS might have already repaid the "favor". One can't expect a friend to be indebted to oneself forever and ever.
    you are definitely not old fashioned. you are just doing what we shld if we lose other's items... i don't understand the need for ambiguous talking. a pity we never had friends like that. else i no need to buy my own gear can just do a B&S with BFF's gear

TS run road liao... Or did he take a chopper to his 'friends' place

Quote Originally Posted by sci80899 View Post
    Maybe his friend buy him a D3S. No time to chat on forum.
    A camera cannot teach you how to see.

the question is how did he lose it? I'm so curious to know. Could there be a vested interest?

Ooh, I'm so ebil :P

side track, got any travel insurance that covers expensive camera gear in an event of stolen/misplace?

Always take incident posting with doubts. Sometimes, they could be generated just to get traffic discussion but did not really happen. Or perhaps was referenced from somewhere.

However, in any topic discussion, I would assumed it is true for the sake of ontrack.

Quote Originally Posted by sci80899 View Post

Hey TS, any updates on this?

Maybe TS just want to sent message via CS to his friend about his lost camera. His friend might also be a CS member too.

This could be a indirect approach for TS as he might not know or in a fix on how to ask his friend for compensation.

More speculations will carry on if the smoke is not cleared.

TS has already moved on .....

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    TS has already moved on .....
    His best friend lost his gears, & TS has lost his best friend & now he himself is lost..............
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

An expensive camera can't replace a good friend.
    - Laozi
    If the good friend don't replace the camera, lose him. - Ning Pei
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 9th December 2009 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by user12343 View Post
    side track, got any travel insurance that covers expensive camera gear in an event of stolen/misplace?
    travel insurance do not cover in full. As mentioned by someone earlier, only meagre sum claimable. You can go for electronics insurance. But have to insured within a month of buying your gears.

Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    His best friend lost his gears, & TS has lost his best friend & now he himself is lost..............
    LOL

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast