Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is a bad day!

Default Re: Today is a bad day!

Quote Originally Posted by equidorz View Post
    I will not even lend my friend my equipment if he is going overseas just in case the same thing that happen to you also happen on me..
    At least if lost oversea, most likely there will be travel insurance to compensate the lost.

Although there is a cap to the claim amount, it is still better than nothing compare to losing it in Singapore.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by Wai View Post
    At least if lost oversea, most likely there will be travel insurance to compensate the lost.

Although there is a cap to the claim amount, it is still better than nothing compare to losing it in Singapore.
    Provided you buy your travel insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    lend only things that you can afford to lose.

borrow only things that you can afford to pay for if it goes missing.

especially if you treasure the friendship.
    Right! Wise word.
    Even when my relative or good friend wanted to borrow a DSLR for travel or take some wedding for their friends, I also just offer them my back-up camera (D200), lens (18-200 + 50 f1.8) and flash (SB400) also 3 x 4GB CF cards. .... If they know how to use the setup properly, it still can take very nice photos.
    But mainly, cos I know they can pay that setup to me if anything happen to it. And I can afford to wait for them to pay me this setup over a reasonable period of time.
    If they find the setup I offer them not enough for their usage, I will suggest them to go rent what they want from the camera equipments rental shop.

D700+17-35+28-70 ? Man! This is what I'm afraid of & other things besides this. But if he's responsible enuff, he should compensate you. Provided if he can afford it after burning a big hole in his pocket after the trip & he's thinking of how to repay you for the boo boo. Maybe if he's rich, then no problems but if he's not, he might be wondering how to get the $. & also, in his mind if he should pay you, how much will it be or if he should buy another set, will it be brand new or used or pay you cash.
    I know this is hard. Whichever way, you have to accept it. Unless you have a heart that is so big, you just pat him on his shoulders & say ' its alright friend, no problems, don't worry'. Just wait for awhile, he might buy you a new set. Maybe a lesson learnt here?
    Take the shot!

He's a good friend to you, you should have the heart to tell him not to worry about the loss, and not to even think of him compensating you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvard View Post
    My friend borrowed my D700+17-35+28-70 set for his 2nd honey-moon trip in Europe. But he lost it!
    That is headache and painful! He is my good friend. I do not know how to claim from him.

Quote Originally Posted by kylelam77 View Post
    You are truly a good fren. Not everyone i know wld lend their beloved cameras and eqpt to their frens. If he is a good fren, he'd compensate u.
    There are people who lend out their cars to friends during weddings which are more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    lend only things that you can afford to lose.

borrow only things that you can afford to pay for if it goes missing.

especially if you treasure the friendship.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    There are people who lend out their cars to friends during weddings which are more expensive.
    The risk of something happening to the car for a local wedding is much much lower.

which is why i only lend my things to my good friends,
    as my good friends will not ask me to lend them anything

Quote Originally Posted by sci80899 View Post
    Next time don't lend your equipment unless it's family.

It'll be interesting to know if he compensates you, then will it be new equipment cost or 2nd hand cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Never lend to family! NEVER!
    agree with DP here...

IMHO, family even worse...they will tell you: ai ya, camera only nia. then u will have to LLST!
    Last edited by coolsigg; 7th December 2009 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    correct analogy to TS's case would be: will you lend your car to your good friend who is doing a road trip to some faraway country like Thailand or beyond?

for wedding car loan, the owner can still volunteer as the driver. in this way, he can still ensure that the car is being driven correctly and well taken care of.

my 2 cts worth.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    He's a good friend to you, you should have the heart to tell him not to worry about the loss, and not to even think of him compensating you.
    All my life I've been looking for friends like you. Your location says $ingapore...

Blog Entries

if i had borrowed your equipment (which i won't) I would try my best to compensate you for your loss
    it is the only right thing to do

sorry for you man... i know how it feels... i once lent my expensive flash to my friend and it came back with the flash head broken. He claimed that it was already smashed when i loaned it to him... Guess what? That was the end of our friendship.... hahaha....
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    "Money for a camera no matter how expensive can be earned back.

But a good friend once lost never returns.
    " - Laozi

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    sorry for you man... i know how it feels... i once lent my expensive flash to my friend and it came back with the flash head broken. He claimed that it was already smashed when i loaned it to him... Guess what? That was the end of our friendship.... hahaha....
    its worth it to spend a few hundred dollars to see someone's true colors...some have spent more!

If he pays you back, will you lend you the second time?

This is what I refered to as a "Squeeze Ba**s Die" suitation.... But If I'm your friend, I'll try my very best to compensate you.... might not be all in one time.... but some how....

Scuba & Father... For Life

if that were to happen to me, i don't know how to stomach the loss...those equipments are definitely not cheap

Maybe your friend is searching around the price of the gears, so that he can compensate you.. Or maybe he's out there buying your gears back??? If you believe he's a good friend of yours, then trust him.. Likely he will do something soon...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast