Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70

Thread: Stolen Item from Hotel?

  1. #1

    Default Stolen Item from Hotel?

    Happen to me this weekend in Singapore. Someone took my Canon 580EX II. It was in my Think Tank Lightning Fast - they guy probably thought I keep money or hand phone in it Reported to the hotel staff and they can't find the culprit, so ended up lodging a police report.
    Now dunno what's going to happen. Just wondering any of you have any thoughts about this issue - comments, experience, without dwelling too much on what happened to me since the investigation is still on.
    Shahrul Esa

  2. #2

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    What hotel?
    Alpha

  3. #3
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    Report police giving them the serial number, so can have some chance to track the person down if he/she try to sell it off.

    Or post the serial number here, so that ppls in CS can take note too when they buy from B&S.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    from hotel room? O.O

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    Quote Originally Posted by shahrulesa View Post
    Happen to me this weekend in Singapore. Someone took my Canon 580EX II. It was in my Think Tank Lightning Fast - they guy probably thought I keep money or hand phone in it Reported to the hotel staff and they can't find the culprit, so ended up lodging a police report.
    Now dunno what's going to happen. Just wondering any of you have any thoughts about this issue - comments, experience, without dwelling too much on what happened to me since the investigation is still on.
    Have you checked if the hotel had cameras in the corridors leading to your room? And if they have, whether they have really looked at the video recordings?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    I was staying at the hotel. It's in Orchard next to cineleisure. They checked the elevator cam and confirmed that I brought the item back to the room but still investigating on who might have taken it out from the room. Seems that the corridor cam is not giving them clear enough pictures - sound like BS to me actually.
    Shahrul Esa

  7. #7

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    Quote Originally Posted by shahrulesa View Post
    I was staying at the hotel. It's in Orchard next to cineleisure. They checked the elevator cam and confirmed that I brought the item back to the room but still investigating on who might have taken it out from the room. Seems that the corridor cam is not giving them clear enough pictures - sound like BS to me actually.
    meritus mandarin?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    was your hotel room broken into?

    if it wasn't, then it is more likely to be an employee right..?

  9. #9
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    If we can recall, not long ago the same happened to a Hotel in Bangkok... the hotel security seemed to have found all the recordings except that particular portion that was of relevance to the alleged date/time/location.
    That was the last straw. Sounded really BS.
    I have since stopped staying in that particular hotel.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    stolen from room? wow. please reveal the hotel so we can avoid it.

  11. #11
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    haiz .... i feel that hotels in sg not so safe ... i had a fren who was here for business , he forgot to lock up his things ..... lost $400 sgd... the culprit seemed to have gone through his things. he stayed at Rendezvous Hotel near PS.
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  12. #12

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    Not sure how effective these investigations are, seeing that the lost item isn't very valuable/important from their point of view - theft happens so often nowadays I don't think it's possible to retrieve most of the items.

    For me, lodging a police report is vital in that you can use it when you replace your passport/visa/documentations, but as to retrieving stolen item(s)...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    If we can recall, not long ago the same happened to a Hotel in Bangkok... the hotel security seemed to have found all the recordings except that particular portion that was of relevance to the alleged date/time/location.
    That was the last straw. Sounded really BS.
    I have since stopped staying in that particular hotel.
    hi, care to share the hotel name? i'm gng to bangkok next week, hope it isn't the one tht i'm planning to stay.

    if u aren't comfortable sharing online, u can pm me also. thanks

  14. #14
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    Quote Originally Posted by shahrulesa View Post
    I was staying at the hotel. It's in Orchard next to cineleisure. They checked the elevator cam and confirmed that I brought the item back to the room but still investigating on who might have taken it out from the room. Seems that the corridor cam is not giving them clear enough pictures - sound like BS to me actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    was your hotel room broken into?

    if it wasn't, then it is more likely to be an employee right..?
    I think what night86mare said is right.
    If you locked your door properly and it's lost, I think that the thief may be an employee.

    It's better to lodge a police report for such matter.

  15. #15
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    Some hotels have a log of who & time of when the housekeeping goes to clean up the rooms. That's one way to check. Unless you know roughly what time you discovered the theft, then they can go thru the log if they have one. Most likely suspect is the housekeeping. This happens almost at any hotels big or small, 1 star or 5 stars. Never leave your prize possessions or valuables in the hotel rooms unless you keep them in the safe. Trust no one
    Take the shot!

  16. #16
    Senior Member geraldkhoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Tiny Red Dot
    Posts
    2,571

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    I've had a bad experience at the Mandarin Oriental @ KLCC where my whole room safe was stolen (it was a big safe). What they did was to check out room entry logs to see who entered it. They found the safe later on in a room 3 doors away and the safe open. The hotel never came back with anything concrete, e.g. the culprit was caught, and just apologized, moved me to another room, and gave me a hotel stay voucher. The culprit not only opened my room door, but opened another door to leave the safe inside. It was, without a doubt, an inside job.

    Well... I never went back to stay at the hotel.

    If the room logs show that the entry were "legit" then it has to be an inside job kind of thing, or someone on the inside allowing another person into the room, or opened a few doors to clean the room and not watching if someone else slipped in to take the item (which means that they did not perform their task responsibly and diligently).
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

  17. #17

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    These days, we can only blame ourselves for being careless in losing things. Do not believe hotel rooms are safe.

    There was once I travelled with my parents. We went down for breakfast at the time the chamber maids were cleaning the rooms. We left in a haste and off we went.

    On our return, one passport was missing and we realised it when we reached another city.

    I called the hotel, they searched but found nothing.

    So I contacted someone to bring in a group of vietnamese fellas and I made known to the hotel customer service my men will do a search themselves and they will need to grant them access.

    It took the vietnamese less than 1 min to find the passport. Well, I didn't say how I want them to search, but I supposed they appeared ruggard enough to scare the **** out of the culprit.

    You don't need to use force, but a good trick to make them pee their pants..

  18. #18
    Member lamergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fratton Park, Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,511

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    These days, we can only blame ourselves for being careless in losing things. Do not believe hotel rooms are safe.

    There was once I travelled with my parents. We went down for breakfast at the time the chamber maids were cleaning the rooms. We left in a haste and off we went.

    On our return, one passport was missing and we realised it when we reached another city.

    I called the hotel, they searched but found nothing.

    So I contacted someone to bring in a group of vietnamese fellas and I made known to the hotel customer service my men will do a search themselves and they will need to grant them access.

    It took the vietnamese less than 1 min to find the passport. Well, I didn't say how I want them to search, but I supposed they appeared ruggard enough to scare the **** out of the culprit.

    You don't need to use force, but a good trick to make them pee their pants..
    You sound like you have connections with the vietnam mafias

    You got connection with Russian and Irish mafia??

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    was your hotel room broken into?

    if it wasn't, then it is more likely to be an employee right..?
    I'm thinking housekeeping staff. Anyway, hope you will recover the lost item.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Stolen Item from Hotel?

    Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    You sound like you have connections with the vietnam mafias

    You got connection with Russian and Irish mafia??
    No, I am just a little boy. Mafias are businessmen. They don't do bad things all the time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •