Thread: another perspective of viewing

Default another perspective of viewing

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    can this picture be improve? feeling wise..

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

using a different perspective to take a picture

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

saw my gf taking picture through TLR and this idea strike me

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

can any of the technique improve this shot?

Default Re: another perspective of viewing

Not a bad idea, I'm just not agreeing with the vignetting in your picture.

The 2 white 'rectangles' are also rather distracting, but of course it was on the TLR, so you couldn't avoid it.

You mentioned it's a different perspective to take a picture. I feel that you're giving the perspective of a TLR photographer and not a different perspective from you as the photographer. Perhaps a slightly closer composition might have worked.

Overall, I think its a good idea, great effort.
    Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.

This is nice !

Love the creativity and feel of the pic. The colour tones are soothing.

Really like the blurring and slight bokeh around the edges, was selective blurring added via post processed ?

Nothing much to critic except the ?bag? in the background would be less distracting if it was straight ? Then again this is just nitpicking

interesting idea.. could go closer though..i find the top part just a bit distracting.. but picture is creative and interesting.

Thanks for all the comments!

actually i did not do much editing fir this picture onli abit on the exposure cause it was close to sunset.. but i think i will take note of the vignetting the next time..

I think you should not ask for critiques based on feelings, Because only you know what you want to achieve. And it wouldnt be a very fair critique to be inputting too much of a personal preference.

Its not too much of a different perspective because it is still a first person point of view and a singular picture. But that that is just my opinion. To have a different perspective is to have a photo taken diffently apart from the common normal point of view.

I dun think its a technique issue, its probably more based on composition. Maybe a slightly wider shot to give the subject more breathing space may be good. And becareful of the slight tilt in the horizon. =) Overall i like this image quite alot. Keep shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by ngzhimao View Post

Very nicely done. Like to see the serial number clearly and what is the 2 white rectangle thingy blur in the foreground?

Overall, I look the vintage feel and the screen within screen effect.

i agree, i feel the bag is kinda distracting, but its still quite a very reminiscent shot. the tree and the.. tent?!? gives me a very feel good feel old feeling?

color and tone wise, very soothing, the vignetting a little too much. overall its a nice picture. =) think can use for the rain-tree media thingy ad. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim View Post

I think you should not ask for critiques based on feelings, Because only you know what you want to achieve. And it wouldnt be a very fair critique to be inputting too much of a personal preference.

Its not too much of a different perspective because it is still a first person point of view and a singular picture. But that that is just my opinion. To have a different perspective is to have a photo taken diffently apart from the common normal point of view.

I dun think its a technique issue, its probably more based on composition. Maybe a slightly wider shot to give the subject more breathing space may be good. And becareful of the slight tilt in the horizon. =) Overall i like this image quite alot. Keep shooting.
    Thanks for the detail input. as i am using a 50mm with d60.. therefore no auto focus, kinda hard to keep in focus for me.. hahaha.. but i will take note about the wider shot next time..

Quote Originally Posted by Rendell View Post
    Very nicely done. Like to see the serial number clearly and what is the 2 white rectangle thingy blur in the foreground?

Overall, I look the vintage feel and the screen within screen effect.
    Thanks, actually tats wat i wanted to achieve screen within~~

about that 2 white thing should be the metal plate that protect the side of the tlr.. cant be remove.. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by repulsivity View Post
    i agree, i feel the bag is kinda distracting, but its still quite a very reminiscent shot. the tree and the.. tent?!? gives me a very feel good feel old feeling?

color and tone wise, very soothing, the vignetting a little too much. overall its a nice picture. =) think can use for the rain-tree media thingy ad. haha
    thankss.. i thought so too.. but it is a fairly new camera.. i find it quite difficult for me to put the bare camera on the road.. thats why.. hahaha..

Cool, often we see pictures taken behind from pns/dslr camera.
    This is rather refreshing from a TLR perspective , and the rain tree adds a nice scenic touch.

Except that the 2 rectangles look like a pair of eyes staring haha