Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: bad chinese

  1. #1

    Talking bad chinese

    since there is a thread on bad english, let me start a thread with bad chinese.

    here is one from m1 messaging center. can you spot the mistakes?


  2. #2

    Default Re: bad chinese

    i think is the 2nd last sentence the last 2 words got some prob , am i right ? XD

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    West of Little Red Dot
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: bad chinese

    it's 欲知详情,not预知详情。 from the first sentence.

  4. #4

    Default Re: bad chinese

    Sorry, I am not good at reading chinese text, so won't comment on the thread. But would like to ask a question.

    How do I tell the taxi driver to drive to the end of the road. I always use 走到完 out of convenience but I don't think it sounds right.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: bad chinese

    Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    Sorry, I am not good at reading chinese text, so won't comment on the thread. But would like to ask a question.

    How do I tell the taxi driver to drive to the end of the road. I always use 走到完 out of convenience but I don't think it sounds right.
    i think somewhere along the line of 請你開到尾端 sounds more like it..

    Tats what i say mostly, dun noe whether is 標準 but definitley better than urs
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  6. #6
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: bad chinese

    lets see how our future generation's chinese taught using english will fare..

  7. #7

    Default Re: bad chinese

    That is a good start. I will try. Thanks

    Like have you ordered your drink? 你叫水了没有?. How to replace with proper text without making it too long?

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    i think somewhere along the line of 請你開到尾端 sounds more like it..

    Tats what i say mostly, dun noe whether is 標準 but definitley better than urs

  8. #8

    Default Re: bad chinese

    Quote Originally Posted by gundambob View Post
    it's 欲知详情,not预知详情。 from the first sentence.
    haha ya correct!

    also, it should be 个别用户 not 各别用户. 国家代号 not 国家代表编号. the entire thing is like an ang moh trying to translate from english to chinese but didn't do a good job.

    another thing i find funny about singapore ads is that they like to use the word 享用. while that is ok in english ("enjoy"), it is not too humble in chinese context. it is like saying as a service provider i am really doing you a big favour by letting you "enjoy" my service.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •