Thread: Michael S. Yamashita is town recently

Default Michael S. Yamashita is town recently

Hi All,
    Just wonder any of you guys & gals out there heard/know about the American born Japanese is in town recently? Michael S. Yamashita, Senior Photographer of the National Geographic Society, and his new book, Marco Polo: A Photographer's Journey. I think I already miss it!

He was here on Monday (9/2/2004). Attended his talk/slide show.

Regards
    CK

Did he showed more of his present work? Cause I did attended to his workshop two years back at the SAFRA Tampines Club. Maybe, you were there too? Really miss this apportunity to have his autograph signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    Did he showed more of his present work? Cause I did attended to his workshop two years back at the SAFRA Tampines Club. Maybe, you were there too? Really miss this apportunity to have his autograph signed.
    Yes I was there when he came two years ago. This time he presented his Marco Polo series, which I remember he presented back then as well. I can't recognize all of them, but there are a few which I saw last year which appeared this year as well. The book is apparently out/will be out soon.

Regards
    CK

So, must start searching from Kinokuniya already. And also must check-out the price from amazon.com. If either of us saw this book, please inform(in this site) each other, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    He was here on Monday (9/2/2004). Attended his talk/slide show.

Regards
    CK
    What was the turn out at his talk?

Actually wanted to go but due to last minute distraction had to miss it. I think it's a privilege for us in Singapore to have so many distinctive personalities visiting us so often. We should make it a point not miss them.

Yamashita's works on Marco Polo was actually published in NG in Jan 2001 issue.

But I don't think we can see the rest of his work on Marco Polo NG issues(three books) in 2001. So this new book is a must buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel
    What was the turn out at his talk?

Actually wanted to go but due to last minute distraction had to miss it. I think it's a privilege for us in Singapore to have so many distinctive personalities visiting us so often. We should make it a point not miss them.

Yamashita's works on Marco Polo was actually published in NG in Jan 2001 issue.
    Turn out was good though it's not full house. The 2 founders of Objectifs Dawn and Emmeline are also there. Saw Ed9119 there as well.

Regards
    CK

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    So, must start searching from Kinokuniya already. And also must check-out the price from amazon.com. If either of us saw this book, please inform(in this site) each other, OK?
    Sure! Right after the talk, Red Dawn and I went over to Borders to check, no sign of it there.

Regards
    CK