Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Undecided

Default Re: Undecided

1) Pentax , is it popular brand for DSLR ? Good?
    Depends on the user. There are those who like it, there are those who prefer another brand.

2) Is it considered as those "FOR BEGGINER WHO WANNA TRY DSLR" camera?
    Depends on the model. If just want to try, look for one used.

3) What is the market price for KX and which shop sells that?
    Search the Pentax forum, pretty sure its quite the popular subject.

4) Any brand of lense can fit in KX , is it ?
    Pentax K Mount. May need adapter for much much older lens.

5) Dry cabinet/Dry box is a must have eventhough I gonna use it all the time for outing and such?
    If your gear sees the sun often, not really a must have but for $100...not really that expensive to get one.

6) Why people recommend me KX , why not others?

New craze i suppose? But for less then $1000, its a pretty good camera. But if you have like $1.2k, opens up more options like the Nikon D5000.

For me, i chose the K20D because of its amazing outdoor resilience.
    Last edited by Reportage; 7th December 2009 at 04:11 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    but im still waiting for them to have a FF camera...
    I think they want to promote their medium format camera "Pentax 645 Digital". With no FF in sight.

Gengh, I'm quite happy with my Pentax too.
    Panasonic FZ28 Shooter
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by sebianos View Post
    I think they want to promote their medium format camera "Pentax 645 Digital". With no FF in sight.

Gengh, I'm quite happy with my Pentax too.
    We all are, that's why we're here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    I don't think it's the reputation that nik is basing his decision on..... at least that's my guess.
    Speaking as a faithful Pentaxian, I feel that Pentax's body is quite lacking, especially for demanding and professional shooters. I would really recommend a N or C for paid assignments. For me, I chose Pentax cos of its glass. Well, Pentax is really a great system for shots where you can take your time to focus and shoot, i.e. planned shots. It just isn't that reliable for fast-paced events (Maybe the k7 could do much better than my k10d?). Streets, landscapes and portraitures is where I can use Pentax quite confidently.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    Speaking as a faithful Pentaxian, I feel that Pentax's body is quite lacking, especially for demanding and professional shooters. I would really recommend a N or C for paid assignments. For me, I chose Pentax cos of its glass. Well, Pentax is really a great system for shots where you can take your time to focus and shoot, i.e. planned shots. It just isn't that reliable for fast-paced events (Maybe the k7 could do much better than my k10d?). Streets, landscapes and portraitures is where I can use Pentax quite confidently.
    Agreed! but i think K7 with a fast responsive flash set-up can do much better on
    events usage,dunno yet must try it when i have it later.......
    PENTAX l OldKMan

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    But if you have like $1.2k, opens up more options like the Nikon D5000.
    and that closes doors to any lens without an af motor.

Well... This is a very demanding and professional shooter -> Jason Edwards

And definitely a Pentax user - photo linked from http://www.bio-images.com/photographer.php

If he can do it, maybe we can aspire to be the same - or at least the amateur version.
    Panasonic FZ28 Shooter
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    and that closes doors to any lens without an af motor.
    Unless they like shooting with nikon lenses in M.A.N.U.A.L. mode.... hahahahaha... but would rather use pentax glass if using manual. Sharper... at least for my K and M primes
    Panasonic FZ28 Shooter
    flickr

And definitely a Pentax user - photo linked from http://www.bio-images.com/photographer.php

If he can do it, maybe we can aspire to be the same - or at least the amateur version.
    Natural Photography, well, still maneageble with Pentax imho. Ha.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

It's still a stigma I feel that Pentax cannot deliver on fast-paced shooting environment. If anyone has tested K7's ability to keep up, would be interesting to hear any report. Don't forget K-7 is touted to have the best AWB/tungsten AWB/expansive custom WB settings so far, besting 7D, 300S in indoor incandescent lighting.
    D3|Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8|Samyang 14mm f2.8|K-7|Tamron17-50 f2.8|manfrotto190XproB
    Gallery

Cmon guys!
    The TS only wanted a affirmation that he should get Pentax.
    We will confuse him be wandering into "Pentax is not strong in this an that".
    Any camera will have some odd ball (or genius) somewhere that has used it for a purpose it was not intended for

So to TS, don't think just GET PENTAX!

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Cmon guys!
    The TS only wanted a affirmation that he should get Pentax.
    We will confuse him be wandering into "Pentax is not strong in this an that".
    Any camera will have some odd ball (or genius) somewhere that has used it for a purpose it was not intended for

So to TS, don't think just GET PENTAX!
    This I agree. Unless you are a pro or you know exactly what you are looking for, you can't go too wrong with Pentax.

This I agree. Unless you are a pro or you know exactly what you are looking for, you can't go too wrong with Pentax.
    Exactly! Using a system, any system really demands lots of input from the photographer. Any assignment needs preparation even street-walking-shoot favours the prepared mind.

How fast is fast a system? Usually missed opportunities are due to our slow reaction, not the system. The Pentax system do need a couple more lenses with good reach & big aperture but then again, there's Sigma that I'm happily rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Lee View Post
    Exactly! Using a system, any system really demands lots of input from the photographer. Any assignment needs preparation even street-walking-shoot favours the prepared mind.

How fast is fast a system? Usually missed opportunities are due to our slow reaction, not the system. The Pentax system do need a couple more lenses with good reach & big aperture but then again, there's Sigma that I'm happily rely on.
    I concur... just get Pentax.

Hmmm... i think we scared him off. My fault.
    Panasonic FZ28 Shooter
    flickr

I concur... just get Pentax.

Hmmm... i think we scared him off. My fault.

ya la! you, so fierce

Quote Originally Posted by silverspear View Post
    ya la! you, so fierce
    I'm sorry...
    Panasonic FZ28 Shooter
    flickr

God, I love this photo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12