Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: A good buy?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    9

    Default A good buy?

    I've just bought myself a D90 18-105 kit with:

    1. 8GB Kingston.
    2. Cleaning Kit
    3. LowePro Bag.
    4. SteinZeiser tripod.
    5. SteinZeiser uv filter.

    $1699. I just want to know it it's a good buy for a beginner photographer?

    Have a great day!

  2. #2
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: A good buy?

    Its good enough

  3. #3

    Default Re: A good buy?

    Got yourself a dry cabi?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: A good buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by chalib View Post
    Got yourself a dry cabi?
    Nope...

  5. #5
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: A good buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by static369 View Post
    Nope...
    then it is time for u to get one too...

  6. #6
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: A good buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by static369 View Post
    I've just bought myself a D90 18-105 kit with:

    1. 8GB Kingston.
    2. Cleaning Kit
    3. LowePro Bag.
    4. SteinZeiser tripod.
    5. SteinZeiser uv filter.

    $1699. I just want to know it it's a good buy for a beginner photographer?

    Have a great day!
    buy liao and dun look back...

    now it is time for u to go SSS!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: A good buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    buy liao and dun look back...

    now it is time for u to go SSS!
    Haha! Agree... Pay already don't look around again. As time goes by, things will always get cheaper and cheaper. Don't make yourself pek cek. Haha!

    Just enjoy shooting!
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: A good buy?

    Was thinking of buying a dry box and silica gel.

  9. #9

    Default Re: A good buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by static369 View Post
    Was thinking of buying a dry box and silica gel.
    you can get lock & lock air tight container and put some silica gel inside is a good start. that's what i did for the past 1 year due to lesser equipment but now i got myself a dry cabinet to put my 4 cam, 3 lens, films and negatives

  10. #10

    Default Re: A good buy?

    i bought mine for $1650 at sim lim about 10 months ago. but soon after i got home and want to play with my new camera, just figure out the batteray is not in. so go back and asking about the batt, the guy told me that when after i walk out their shop they want do any responsible. so i end up bought the batt from them cost me $50. so i think yours is ok lah,

  11. #11

    Default Re: A good buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonlee View Post
    i bought mine for $1650 at sim lim about 10 months ago. but soon after i got home and want to play with my new camera, just figure out the batteray is not in. so go back and asking about the batt, the guy told me that when after i walk out their shop they want do any responsible. so i end up bought the batt from them cost me $50. so i think yours is ok lah,
    They took out the battery and didnt give you??Wah like this oso hav ar..

  12. #12

    Default Re: A good buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by redmonsoon View Post
    They took out the battery and didnt give you??Wah like this oso hav ar..
    common trick..

    i 'd wager that the battery they gave him is also not original, and hence bumped up in price.

  13. #13
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    778

    Default Re: A good buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonlee View Post
    i bought mine for $1650 at sim lim about 10 months ago. but soon after i got home and want to play with my new camera, just figure out the batteray is not in. so go back and asking about the batt, the guy told me that when after i walk out their shop they want do any responsible. so i end up bought the batt from them cost me $50. so i think yours is ok lah,
    shop tactics?! anyway congrats on your new toy
    I shoot with my D300S . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •