Hey all, I'm a nub who's planning to get a DSLR soon. I've been using a borrowed Canon 450D and have loads of the usual questions!
I want to get a DSLR and be done with it for the next decade or so, totally don't plan to participate in any more body discussions, hopefully EVER AGAIN.
I'm planning to get either a 500D or a D90 soon and appreciate all advice. Currently some of my main issues are:
- To stick to amateur level camera or move up to semi-pro?
- More familiar with Canon, so stick to it and get 500D or change to D90 which has quite appealing Nikon features? (I don't own any lenses/equipment, but everyone I know who will share lenses with me is using Canon.)
1. What are the fisheye options for Canon 500D (and where to get in SG)? - Settled on 10-17mm Tokina.
2. What does the Nikon D90 dual lens kit come with? Is it 18-55mm and 55-200mm? -Yes.
3. Is there a point getting a Canon 10-22mm for 500D? (Since cropped frame kills most of the SWA effect and I don't really urgently need a wide angle lens - good idea to defish fisheye shots to use as SWA?)
4. Where can I borrow/play with a D90 for really long? (I have no money to rent.) - Will be going to John 3:16 to grope cameras.
5. What kit lens!? (I want to get all basics at one shot.) ... Nikkor 18-55+55-200 better than Canon's? Or is this a myth? And is it a good idea to get these dual kits for respective bodies? Or 18-200? Or 17-70 or... (http://www.digitalreview.ca/content/...ikon-D90.shtml : "should get better zoom lens like 18-200 (for Canon)" )
6. Is this site accurate for 500D and D90 comparison? Because it looks like the 500D has better auto white balance and a sharper image, which shouldn't be the case according to specs. orz - Will go test, but please advise too.
Thanks in advance for all responses!