Thread: Photo Lab vs Colour Printers

Default Photo Lab vs Colour Printers

Am thinking of developing my photos but wondering interms of quality and costing, if it would be better buying a Colour Printer ( Canon/Epson ) and print it myself or sent it to a Photo Lab and get it develop.

Inputs anyone ????

I'd go with developing online. Now printing digital photos at photolabs are quite cheap and hassle free with top-notch quality and good paper. Photo printing at home is still too expensive I feel considering the cost of the photo ink cartridges and photo paper.

I agree with the previous poster to an extent. Why not have the best of both worlds, though? Get yourself a middle-line photo printer, and print the photo's you gotta have right now, and order the rest? With an app like iPhoto (not sure of a Windows example), you can order prints from within the app itself, making uploading prints easier.

I rarely print at home with the colour printer for pics. quality is good with the labs, no need to consider at all!

Any good Photo Lab to recommend for Digital print out ?

( interms of print quality )

It makes sense to print at shops than home. It is cheaper and better in quality.

I find most nighbourhood photo labs do a good job. Many of them have digital printer already and just as cheap. I dun find a need to travel to town just to print. too much of a hassle.

anyway there are plenty of threads around recommending printers.

Bukit Batok West Avenue 2

I think all these goes to how much you print. If you are going to print a lot, use the lab, i can't say what's the price of printing at the lab now thou.

For me, I print less than 5% of my shots, and sometimes, I need the prints for my work or need to produce reports and stuff with images/photos, my printer comes in handy. i.e. The printer isn't just for photos.

So i guess it depends on your needs, and do keep in mind that if you purchase a printer, some has problems of inkhead clotting up if left unuse for sometime (some more than others), thus it could be a hassel.

So, it's up to your personal need. Think about it?