Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Street Shots

Default Random Street Shots

hi everyone. its lovely browsing through the numerous street galleries in this subsection. loving it! i think i shall contribute some photos i took recently.

still a newbie with my 3 month old G1 + kit lens. hope you enjoy.

#1 waiting waiting waiting

#2 dont take my picture!

#3 stressed out post lunch smoke break.
    Last edited by hydroburn249; 12th December 2009 at 10:44 AM.

Default Re: Random Street Shots

#4 post lunch siesta

#5 picnic under the tree

#6 paddle pop wow! paddle pop yeah! super duper yummy (anyone remember that song from their childhood days?)
    Last edited by hydroburn249; 12th December 2009 at 10:45 AM.

some people call it a foreign worker fetish.

#7 work

#8 peephole fetish

#9 smile for the camera
    Last edited by hydroburn249; 12th December 2009 at 10:46 AM.

i like #8 .
    how do you do that???

Quote Originally Posted by ahboyboy View Post
    i like #8 .
    how do you do that???
    there were holes in the hoarding, so i put my lens as close as i could (was using a lens hood, so no chance of the front element getting scratched) and focused on the people on the other side.

here's another one from a different hole.

#10 i spy this meet up
    Last edited by hydroburn249; 12th December 2009 at 10:46 AM.

#11 sleep

wow havent had the time to update this thread as i havent been out shooting. busy with school. managed to head down to little india last CNY weekend. guess bad day for me as i was caught shooting by the people quite a few times and they seemed kinda angry at me for shooting.

#13 take the shot

#14 dont hit me please!

bumping up this thread by posting up some shots from my Sunday shoot. weather was freaking HOT!

#15 breaking free

#16 wedding banquet decoration?

#17 hardworking shoes

#18 afternoon siesta!

#19 waiting

#20 watcha looking at punk?

nice spontaneous street shots.. but last two picture wrong WB settings or was it deliberate?

Quote Originally Posted by idi0tekue View Post
    nice spontaneous street shots.. but last two picture wrong WB settings or was it deliberate?
    deliberate. felt that i've been putting up too much warmth into my shots. maybe wanted to try something colder. *shrugs*

thanks for dropping by though!

wow its been about 3 months since i posted here! since its the fasting month, i've been heading down to the yearly Ramadan bazaar to stock up on hari raya goodies. and its a heaven for street shooters. saw many dslr wielders (not all photographers, some are just kids with an expensive toy to play with) amongst the crowd. ok enough talking, more pictures.

these were shot with my G1 + Minolta 28mm f2.8. Manual focus with the camera hanging from my neck strap at about chest or hip level and using the distance scale at f2.8-4 cant recall. iso800 to maintain a decent shutter speed. edited in lightroom 3 using a preset i downloaded called B&W Natural 1 and tweaked further to get the look i wanted.

#21 haggling/skeptical

#22 tricky turkish ice cream man
    Last edited by hydroburn249; 4th September 2010 at 05:55 AM.

#23 daddy i want that one!

the thread seems so quiet. nobody wants to comment.

waahhh!!!! you caught me!!!!
    ...seeking angles in a new definition...
    SG 1st Malay Photog Forum | My Works

Quote Originally Posted by snapperz View Post
    waahhh!!!! you caught me!!!!
    eh bro i did? which one? hahah.

i went on a lunchtime photo walk yesterday, and came back with only 5 photos which i liked. deleted about 20 of them. guess i just wasn't in the mood.

taken with my 14-45mm kit lens. 26mm f6.3 1/200 iso100. this is my first real conscious attempt at shooting some form of architecture/pattern/lines picture, and i was consciously looking for intersecting lines and repeating patterns.

14-45mm. 33mm f5.4 1/50 iso160. i initially took this shot from across the street. wanted to juxtapose the modern-ish building flanking the alley and its gritty dirty side alley. then decided to crop closer to focus on the couple crossing the alley. felt it looked better this way. but perhaps i should straighten my horizontals of the pavement.

minolta 50/1.4. probably f1.4 1/800 iso100. i was contemplating either posting a shot of someone leaving/entering the tunnel or just leaving it devoid of any subjects. i felt the one of an empty space seemed better.

thanks everyone for looking. any comments (good or bad) greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by hydroburn249; 7th October 2010 at 09:44 AM.

#27 shadows and some leading lines from the windows to the lights at the top. the fact that the 2 people were smack in the middle between the windows and columns is a win for me.

#28 visiting graves at kranji war memorial for the commonwealth remembrance day memorial

shot with my minolta x-500 + either 50/1.4 or 135/2.8 cant remember. and fuji superia200 film.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast