View Poll Results: mui thai & wushu, which is stronger?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • mui thai

    24 38.71%
  • wushu

    19 30.65%
  • same same

    9 14.52%
  • dont know

    10 16.13%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 119

Thread: mui thai or wushu stronger?

  1. #81
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    saw one TV program, the tyoe similar to myth buster, which uses science to analyse the different forms of martial arts. basically they use a modified crash test dummy to multiple sensors to measure force of impact, compression of rib cage, concussion, etc etc etc, when the dummy was punched, kicked , etc. think martial art was the less lethal one. But then, again, the martial art was demonstrated by a relatively small build asian while the other like karate was demonstrated by a big caucasian. anyway, unless the same person knows all forms of martial arts and do this test, otherwise it is not a good measurement.

    same I think for Muay Thai vs Wushu. The 'art' is how well one can predict/counter the opponent's action. It is brain and brawn. unless the one fights him/herself, otherwise you are not observing purely the effectiveness of the martial arts. Maybe computer model (also like the one which builds robots to fight robot )
    May be you can take part in the match? you r Connor Mcleod from the clan McLeod, a HighLander.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  2. #82

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    If looks can kill, Steven Seagal's shiny jet black backcombed hair is enough to KO his opponents. I think neither Muay Thai or Wushu has established such a technique.
    Hey, He's one of few actor with actual 7th Dan Aikido martial arts background ok....
    And to be the first non-asian to run an Aikido dojo in Japan must be tough.
    I imagine like going Thailand to teach them Muay Thai, and thats like 30yrs ago, when the world isnt as open up.

  3. #83

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    If looks can kill, Steven Seagal's shiny jet black backcombed hair is enough to KO his opponents. I think neither Muay Thai or Wushu has established such a technique.
    I totally believe shiny backcombed hair can deliver a knockout blow! See 2:02

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF6hARIgubQ

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,922

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Jean Claude van Dam would be very disappointed if he read this thread.

  5. #85

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    who will emerge the victor depends more on the fighter/practitioner than the school of martial art. But having said that, having a "rounded" martial arts education also helps. IMHO, a good rounded fighter needs to be competent in the external arts like punching (e.g. boxing), kicking(TKD), locking & throwing (e.g jujitsu), blocking, counter-attacking (e.g. how to reverse a lock/throw), and also using weapons. ALso he would need to be competent in the inner-kungfu (e.g.Taichi) and using inner-strength.

  6. #86

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by com300 View Post
    who will emerge the victor depends more on the fighter/practitioner than the school of martial art. But having said that, having a "rounded" martial arts education also helps. IMHO, a good rounded fighter needs to be competent in the external arts like punching (e.g. boxing), kicking(TKD), locking & throwing (e.g jujitsu), blocking, counter-attacking (e.g. how to reverse a lock/throw), and also using weapons. ALso he would need to be competent in the inner-kungfu (e.g.Taichi) and using inner-strength.
    Of course lah! u kiasu mention so many...lol
    Must also be competent in medicine, psychology, nutrition science.etc etc..

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Fiction:
    A thin weak looking guy turns up, not claiming to be from any famous martial arts academy like Shaolin, Ermei, Wutang, etc..
    He takes on the five Muay Thai guys and is thoroughly bashed up. He only manages to touch them weakly a few times each.
    The MT guys win and celebrate their victory.
    They hold press conferences and declare theirs is the best.
    Then.. 10 days after the bout, they all die suddenly.
    Western doctors cannot figure out how.
    It is not poisoning.
    There is no visible physical injury.
    The thin weak looking guy cannot be found.
    Returned to the mountainous forests.

    Dim Mark.
    点血道
    Last edited by ricohflex; 8th December 2009 at 09:58 PM.

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    The more powerful man is the weak skinny guy who
    can put a light touch on the vital point of the human
    body. This is another area of kungfu not known to
    others as often as TKD, Boxing, etc.

    Another area is the powerful force (internal power) that
    can push you away without even touching you.

  9. #89

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxtheevil View Post
    i used to think that muay thai is better to chinese wu shu , san da.

    but apparently, this is not so.

    chinese wu shu, san da has evolved to effective counterattacks when faced with brutal direct muay thai style.

    that said...

    why would a post modern human get into a physical fight nowadays?

    which is stronger,

    in peaceful times, the right of the law is stronger

    in chaotic times, the bullet is mightier.

    in bed times? haha, up to individual preferences, some like opposite sex, some same sex, some from behind...

    best read
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

  10. #90

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    If you see, there is no strongest martial arts in the world but strongest fighter.

    Different Martial Arts suit different people. Make it short and sweet, the person is the weapon, the martial art is only an enhancement.

  11. #91

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    just read from tuesday night paper, 5 mui thai masters challenging china wushu, shao lin turn down, er mei accept. match is on 19-12-09 at guang dong china, homeland of bruce lee.

    stated as record :

    1) one mui thai master lost to a wushu master in july 09 cause rule states cant use knee & elbow

    2) china wushu master in 1921 lost to mui thai after receiving just 3 hits & another was killed in a match in 1924

    there were no official records match between the 2 deciplines after 1924.

    this is not a thread about moral issues of martial art, just pure and simple question, which do u think is stronger?
    As a MMA enthusiast friend would say to me, "Everyone has a game plan until getting punched in the face"... so I'd say it's really the person executing the art than the art itself.

  12. #92

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post

    Another area is the powerful force (internal power) that
    can push you away without even touching you.
    we had posted 2 clips on this, do take a look a few pages before.

    Muay thai is totally no match for that.

  13. #93

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    When I was a pro, WuShu was always better. My Dragon Punch (tm) makes me invulnerable the muay thai Tiger Upper Cut can still be hit on execution.

  14. #94

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Fiction:
    A thin weak looking guy turns up, not claiming to be from any famous martial arts academy like Shaolin, Ermei, Wutang, etc..
    He takes on the five Muay Thai guys and is thoroughly bashed up. He only manages to touch them weakly a few times each.
    The MT guys win and celebrate their victory.
    They hold press conferences and declare theirs is the best.
    Then.. 10 days after the bout, they all die suddenly.
    Western doctors cannot figure out how.
    It is not poisoning.
    There is no visible physical injury.
    The thin weak looking guy cannot be found.
    Returned to the mountainous forests.

    Dim Mark.
    点血道
    Wah! Hokuto no Ken is the best!

  15. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    May be you can take part in the match? you r Connor Mcleod from the clan McLeod, a HighLander.
    They won't let me use my katana so I cannot fight

  16. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Jean Claude van Dam would be very disappointed if he read this thread.
    ya, doing a split doesn't help to defeat an opponent at all

    Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    Another area is the powerful force (internal power) that
    can push you away without even touching you.
    Body odor, bad breath and fart?
    Last edited by ConnorMcLeod; 8th December 2009 at 11:38 PM.

  17. #97

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    we had posted 2 clips on this, do take a look a few pages before.

    Muay thai is totally no match for that.
    Unfortunately he 'retired' after that match, wonder if his students carried on his skill, else its lost forever...

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,922

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Your mouth is stronger than any martial arts combined.

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    天下武功出少林
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  20. #100
    maxtheevil
    Guests

    Default Re: mui thai or wushu stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    why fight????
    yea! that's the correct attitude!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •