Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemeteries and Haunted Places

Quote Originally Posted by tmc17479
    I'm still on for it. Just tell me where and when to meet.
    Hi,
    Looks like there's quite a bunch of people interested in shooting spooky stuff.

I think if we arrange it this weekend, it seems a bit too rush for certain people because probably they already have plans or something.

How about next weekend? Either the 28th or 29th February. However, I have a written test in the morning on the 28th so I can only join the tour from the afternoon.

Let's get the list going then...

1.) mich_2103 (prefer 29th)
    2.)
    3.)
    4.)
    5.)

Quote Originally Posted by dingdong
    until now, has anyone captured something "un-explainable" with their shots?
    Hi,
    The so-called ghost pictures I've seen till date are what people claims as orbs, where people said that they belong to the spirits of the dead.

I find it rather hard to believe, because perhaps those 'orbs' are just lens flare... I don't know.

But with Photoshop so available these days, ANYTHING is possible.

If you believe it's a ghost picture, then it's a ghost picture. If you don't, then it's not.

Regards,
    -Michelle-

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Hi,
    Looks like there's quite a bunch of people interested in shooting spooky stuff.

I think if we arrange it this weekend, it seems a bit too rush for certain people because probably they already have plans or something.

How about next weekend? Either the 28th or 29th February. However, I have a written test in the morning on the 28th so I can only join the tour from the afternoon.

Let's get the list going then...

2.)
    3.)
    4.)
    5.)
    woooo....... 29th makes it even more interesting since its a leap year...... spooky huh. But then sunday not free

Quote Originally Posted by HelmetBox
    woooo....... 29th makes it even more interesting since its a leap year...... spooky huh. But then sunday not free
    didn't realise that till you mentioned this

Hi,
    My 2 weeks break start this coming Monday, and I've some films & filters I've never used before and will like to try it out. Planning to drop down Bidadari Cemetery either this weekend or next weekend and take some pictures before they start tearing down the cemetery. Anybody wants to come along?

Btw, I plan to visit this abandoned town in Kranji that was mentioned in the SPI website. I'm asking the SPI people whether the town still exists or not. Don't know when is the last time they visited that place. Perhaps the government has already tear it down... Check it out from the link...

http://www.spi.com.sg/haunted/index.htm

If the place is still there, anybody interested to come with me and check it out?

Regards,
    -Michelle-
    I am thinking of going to Bidadari for another shoot. When do u planned to go there? i stay near the place so it is very accessible to me and I can show you some of the more interesting tombstones that are left as I know the cemetery layout quite well!

Quote Originally Posted by silver.wolf
    Well, maybe can try the colonial building at Fairy Point. I can't remember the exact location but i'm sure it's within the vicinity. The building should be nicer for photography than the OCH.

I still can remembered something my friend told me after the OCH photoshoot. Spooky!
    The old colonial building at Fairy Point Hill is very interesting and I think makes a nice photographic subject. Still accessible but watch out for dogs within the building compound.

Hey this is interesting,

i saw the SPI website..they were harping about some water marks... could be from the trees .... dew or water or somethin.... mixed with mud.mud already on bridge... i'm sure there's loads of dried mud on the bridge..

But i still can't believe they went there in the night..haha !

I would like to ask, u know there's this road in the middle of all the big terrace houses/bungalows at bukit timah. . leading inside to Nanyang Primary School (old campus) ... along the road as you drive past this lonely stretch u can see some tombstones (chinese) protruding from the slope....

Is there some kind of cemetry there? Or is that the 'Bukit Brown' cemetry someone was talking about?

2.) TMC17479
    3.)
    4.)

Quote Originally Posted by lazyfiddler
    I am thinking of going to Bidadari for another shoot. When do u planned to go there? i stay near the place so it is very accessible to me and I can show you some of the more interesting tombstones that are left as I know the cemetery layout quite well!
    Hi,
    Actually I planned to go there this Sunday afternoon because I've something else on Saturday. But after this entire thread, I realise there's quite a number of people interested in shooting spooky stuff. So now, I'm going to wait and see the feedback. This is just a mini private shoot. You go to these places and shoot something that you like.

Btw, I stay along YCK so it's also convenient for me to go Bidadari.

You prefer to go this or next weekend?

Regards,
    -Michelle-

Two spooky places I had been to are the Japanese Cementry (somewhere near Serangoon) and the old army barracks or houses at Sentosa. The Japanese cementry is clean and well-kept. There are also some unique tombstones and descriptions (in Japanese, unfortunately). I guess not many people in their right frame of mind would walk around Sentosa at night, especially the area I mentioned above. I happened to be there due to shooting photos for student camps. Anyway, do not be disappointed if anybody can't shoot any ghosts, we always have our photoshop to realise our dreams. Pls refer to this album for a shot at the "unlikely" visitor: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288397503
    Last edited by Yezrah; 19th February 2004 at 04:20 PM.

Hi,
    Actually I planned to go there this Sunday afternoon because I've something else on Saturday. But after this entire thread, I realise there's quite a number of people interested in shooting spooky stuff. So now, I'm going to wait and see the feedback. This is just a mini private shoot. You go to these places and shoot something that you like.

Btw, I stay along YCK so it's also convenient for me to go Bidadari.

You prefer to go this or next weekend?

Regards,
    -Michelle-
    For me, I am mostly at Bidadari on weekend evenings if the weather is good. The cemetery is my playground as I go there for running!

Hey guys, can make it on 21st/22nd or not?

Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    Neo Tiew? It's SAF Training Area. Don't get caught with trespassing!

By the way, if civilians get into SAF training areas, it's an offence?

The other time when i'm training in Lorong Asrama, there were several 'ang moh' running in there, they also smile at us, very friendly. But out officers didn't even do anything or say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    By the way, if civilians get into SAF training areas, it's an offence?

The other time when i'm training in Lorong Asrama, there were several 'ang moh' running in there, they also smile at us, very friendly. But out officers didn't even do anything or say anything.
    the ang mohs may be Singaporeans and the CO!

If its state land used solely for training then its considered trespassing.

So how's the photo shootout?

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    So how's the photo shootout?
    what shootout?

how about tonite?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmetBox
    what shootout?

how about tonite?

Tomorrow (Sunday) will be great. Actually, i'd prefer to shoot in the day. Seriously. Because i don't like to use flash, and most of the time i shoot in large aperture.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyfiddler
    For me, I am mostly at Bidadari on weekend evenings if the weather is good. The cemetery is my playground as I go there for running!
    I used to go there running too. The air is fresh and the 'feeling' can make one run faster, good for training for IPPT. Many Gukhas run in the cemetary too, so could just tag along them, provided I can catch up, cos they run at 800-1500m pace sia....

Quote Originally Posted by tmc17479
    2.) TMC17479
    3.)
    4.)
    Hi,
    If you have read my other posts for this thread, the reason that I choose to shoot next weekend instead was because if we shoot this weekend instead, it will be too rush for certain people so I thought next weekend may be a better choice.

Didn't seem to receive a lot of responses from the public about going to this shoot but now suddenly got so much of responses again...? Um...

Also, I plan to visit other spooky locations than the Bidadari cemetery next week, with or without anyone. Thus, I posted and asked if anyone is interested.

And of course, we will definitely be going in the daytime. Sorry but I don't think I have the guts to visit a cemetery at night.

Regards,
    -Michelle-

2.) TMC17479
    3.)VampTreSS
    4.)

p/s: I'm a noob so is it ok if I tag along and try to pretend like I know what I'm doin?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast