Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 101

Thread: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Far East
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    New month, new theme and a whole lot of new members.

    Getting down to brass tacks, I propose a photo-marathon akin to Dec 09 outing.

    - Morning (Landscape/ Macro)
    - Afternoon (Architecture/ Street)
    - Evening (Landscape/ Lights)

    Further suggestions?
    Last edited by fengwei; 3rd December 2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Thanks for the headsup. Let's do it then.

    I'd suggest to have this shootout on Sat 19th of Dec.

    Morning: macro and plants at Botanic Garden
    Afternoon: street around little india
    Evening: X'mas lights at Orchard or cityarea

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    i always ask for marathon... but so long never happen...anyway i want to shoot film...

    SBG canteen under renovation the last time i went... i go without food the whole morning... dunno whats the status now....
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  4. #4

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    i always ask for marathon... but so long never happen...anyway i want to shoot film...

    SBG canteen under renovation the last time i went... i go without food the whole morning... dunno whats the status now....
    There is a Standard Chart Marathon on this Sunday, you wanna run for the full one?

    I'm in for the full marathon. Maybe you guys can go there and shoot me

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    i always ask for marathon... but so long never happen...anyway i want to shoot film...

    SBG canteen under renovation the last time i went... i go without food the whole morning... dunno whats the status now....
    Maybe Gleneagle hospital's delifrance for something to eat?
    Charlie Tan loves his SMC 大姑妈
    deviantART | flickr

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Far East
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    I'd suggest to have this shootout on Sat 19th of Dec.

    Morning: macro and plants at Botanic Garden
    Afternoon: street around little india
    Evening: X'mas lights at Orchard or cityarea
    Sounds like last year's plan. But I guess that's fine to orientate the new members, what with the large crowd and all.

    I'll be busy with a photo-shoot in the afternoon though.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    Sounds like last year's plan. But I guess that's fine to orientate the new members, what with the large crowd and all.

    I'll be busy with a photo-shoot in the afternoon though.
    Where? In little india?
    Charlie Tan loves his SMC 大姑妈
    deviantART | flickr

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Can't we do the street shooting on Orchard Rd instead?
    No.1 let the consumer society know that Pentax exists and has cool colored Kx.
    No.2 build up everyone's guts instead of us preying on our friends from India

    night shoot at Orchard as well.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Far East
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Quote Originally Posted by eselite View Post
    Where? In little india?
    I wish. But too crowded on weekend lah.

    Just a private photo-shoot at someone's house somewhere. (Haven't finalized yet) Anyone has a spare PT-04 trigger?
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    473

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    I have a question. If my friend who is a nikon owner wishes to join in can he? Or strictly Pentax? Hope this is not a stupid question.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Quote Originally Posted by andros_lee View Post
    I have a question. If my friend who is a nikon owner wishes to join in can he? Or strictly Pentax? Hope this is not a stupid question.
    No its not. All are welcome! We strive to turn those from the dark side to join the rebellion... Just come as yourself with your camera and take pictures...
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

  12. #12

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    I want to join too, but too bad i'm on another CS outing on 19th Dec.
    it's the photography sharing session @ bukit batok CC organized by dear xmilkbarx

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    473

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    No its not. All are welcome! We strive to turn those from the dark side to join the rebellion... Just come as yourself with your camera and take pictures...
    Haha, I myself, joined the rebellion by accident after I exchanged my Panny G1 for a Pentax K-x without any prior experience handling pentax. Best accident that ever happened to me.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Quote Originally Posted by southadam View Post
    I want to join too, but too bad i'm on another CS outing on 19th Dec.
    it's the photography sharing session @ bukit batok CC organized by dear xmilkbarx
    Bukit Batok CC? That's super close to my place, how come I don't know Oh well, I don't have many good photos to share anyway ...

  15. #15

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    oh yeah..ups for photo-marathon gonna be exciting w new faces (including myself)
    D3|Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8|Samyang 14mm f2.8|K-7|Tamron17-50 f2.8|manfrotto190XproB
    Gallery

  16. #16
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    i suggest that whoever's interested can go on a 50mm-only shoot. especially the newcomers who are getting suggestions to pick up one of these cheap and good lenses as a complement to the kit lens.

  17. #17
    Senior Member nik34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    AMK Singapore
    Posts
    2,445

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Quote Originally Posted by andros_lee View Post
    I have a question. If my friend who is a nikon owner wishes to join in can he? Or strictly Pentax? Hope this is not a stupid question.
    Pentaxian or Nikonian all end with "ian"..all are welcome,but maybe bad
    for me i might be away during that period of time.
    PENTAX l OldKMan

  18. #18

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    hi guys, i am a newbie and just buy a Kx......very excited now and i wish to join this outing.

    just hope i get a grip of the basic feel of the function first....and rats...i dont have a good tripod....

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Quote Originally Posted by poseur View Post
    hi guys, i am a newbie and just buy a Kx......very excited now and i wish to join this outing.

    just hope i get a grip of the basic feel of the function first....and rats...i dont have a good tripod....
    Don't worry, i am also newbie, shooting with K10 since 2007, joining several outings, does not have tripod till today.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Pentaxians Dec 2009 Outing

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    i always ask for marathon... but so long never happen...anyway i want to shoot film...

    SBG canteen under renovation the last time i went... i go without food the whole morning... dunno whats the status now....
    You didn't go to the visitor center that side to eat?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •