Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it risky to put my DSLR into my messenger Crumpler?

Default Re: Is it risky to put my DSLR into my messenger Crumpler?

i will 2nd what KaiXiang said.
    setting the AF to manual is important..! I nearly destroyed my lens once when i pulled out my camera with the lens & there a weird sound came out from the focus ring. Haha.. Luckily for me, that was the kit lens. so it was not a huge loss for me. Plus you can make the lens as compact as possible, if the lens is not the internal focus kind.
    N D300 | N D50IR | N80-200mm | N18-105mm | T11-16mm | T17-50mm | SB600 | N MB-D10

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    the ability to keep the camera and lens(es) dry in Singapore's humid environment, is preferred, though I wouldn't really say A MUST.

A dry box is simply an air-tight container with some sort of dehumidifying agent inside, such as silica gel.
    You should be able to get one for <$30-35. Depends on size, of course.
    If you keep your gear in air-conditioned area all the time, it should be ok. Air-con air is dry too.
    sorry to hijack ts thread.
    i hear suggestions of keeping dry by using silica gel or thirsty hippo. how abt charcoal in a small bag?

I thought carcoal removes foul smell only? Not so much on the RH part, right?
    N D300 | N D50IR | N80-200mm | N18-105mm | T11-16mm | T17-50mm | SB600 | N MB-D10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12