Thread: Lost in translation:absolutely the best film so far for '04.

Default Lost in translation:absolutely the best film so far for '04.

Fantastic.all i can say is-riveting from the start to the end on how two total strangers can find and seek solace in each other in a world so oblivious to their very presence.

very tender moments...especially so on the ending.=)

watch it!

Watched it, but didn't understand it. I was wondering why it had so many Oscar nominations and if I had missed some deeper inner meaning which caused me to lost what the show was trying to say....and I still don't understand it. Really lost sia!

Thanks for the heads up! Just downloaded the dvd rip yesterday. Will watch on the way to New orleans for mardi Gras

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    Thanks for the heads up! Just downloaded the dvd rip yesterday. Will watch on the way to New orleans for mardi Gras
    woo.... Can give me a copy?

Man, i watched it on the way to New Orleans with my friend and we both didn't know what the hell the show was about!

Scenes kept getting cut abruptly, there was no beginning and no end.

I think we're missing something here.

Sure, it's nice that too strangers can meet in a huge sprawling metropolis and find solace with each other without having sex. But that's about as exciting as it gets.

And bill murray is an adulterer. Well done

You want tender moments, just go watch I am Sam

I'm studying American film this semester and i seriously didn't see anything that i learnt being used in the movie.

There's suppose to be a set up and pay off structure in all movies and i just couldn't see any of that in this movie.

There's suppose to be a set up and pay off structure in all movies and i just couldn't see any of that in this movie.

Maybe coz there's no set up and pay off structure, that's why the movie is different from the rest? It's getting more & more boring to see the good guys win at the end of the movie. Why can't they change something?

Just watched the show...
    It is too slow to my liking. Pretty good idea however I think the director is trying to convey an idea in a roundabout manner. :s