Thread: Bangkok to Angkor Wat : anyone knows ?

Default Bangkok to Angkor Wat : anyone knows ?

Hi all,

Anyone knows how to get from Bangkok to Angkor Wat ? We are travelling in a group, so we hope to book some kind of private/chartered bus to bring us from Bangkok to Angkor Wat. Public transport is too troublesome since we are a fair sized group and there will be kids present. Flying is too expensive. I'm thinking if we could charter a minibus for maybe $100-$300 or so to bring us there. I understand its a couple of hundred km (or more ?)away, which doesn't sound too far by land.

So, here are my questions :
    1. Any lobang for this ?
    2. How long is the trip by land to Angkor Wat ?
    3. How much time is required at Angkor Wat ? Half day ? 1 day ? 2 days ?
    4. Am I crazy ?

Thanks in advance.

Default some personal info

hi, this is comments by my limited traveling experiences so if anyone find my info is incorrect, plse feel free to correct me.. me no been to cambodia but have plan to hit there this june and i only been to krabi 4 times in thailand..but fr wat i heard fr my friends, bangkok take bus to changmai take abt 1-2 days..fr there i think u may have to change bus or wat to go up to cambodia..fr my limited research, u may have some trouble bringing up a gang with kids..i have taken lots of long bus ride in rural areas and i do feel the kids may not like to..cant sit still..now tt i working (last time student), i rather pay abit more for some comfy..hehe..u may have problem getting a minibus with driver to drive u up fr bangkok into cambodia..and plse for the sake of the kids, u need 2 drivers to rotate..hehe...i really pray u drop the idea but hack wat i say coz if u really can plan it, it will be a nice adventure for the kids too!!! have fun!

Default Angkor Wat

Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz
    Hi all,

Anyone knows how to get from Bangkok to Angkor Wat ? We are travelling in a group, so we hope to book some kind of private/chartered bus to bring us from Bangkok to Angkor Wat. Public transport is too troublesome since we are a fair sized group and there will be kids present. Flying is too expensive. I'm thinking if we could charter a minibus for maybe $100-$300 or so to bring us there. I understand its a couple of hundred km (or more ?)away, which doesn't sound too far by land.

So, here are my questions :
    1. Any lobang for this ?
    2. How long is the trip by land to Angkor Wat ?
    3. How much time is required at Angkor Wat ? Half day ? 1 day ? 2 days ?
    4. Am I crazy ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Angkor Wat is amongst a clusters of must visit sites in Siem Reap city.
    U and ur group would definitely need to charter a van or minibus transport while in Siem Reap.

A good and fruitful photography trip would take 4 to 6 days at least, imho.
    Theres a driver that me and my group patronised when in Siem Reap 5 months ago.
    His name is Malina: male, late 20s, relaible, trustworthy chap.
    U can sms him at hp: +855 12877944.

Cheers
    Fabian