Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254045484950
Results 981 to 999 of 999

Thread: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

  1. #981

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    is this the thread to talk anything abt 1000d and sharing experience with the camera? cant find any other "living" threads on this alr...

  2. #982
    Senior Member NovJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ~Sunny Little Island~
    Posts
    5,651

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    is this the thread to talk anything abt 1000d and sharing experience with the camera? cant find any other "living" threads on this alr...
    Welcome to CS - COP! We talk about any cameras of any brands. COP = Circle of Photographers.

    Anything you want to know about the 1000D or you are currently using 1000D?

  3. #983

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    hi there.. ohyes, using 1000D as my first dslr.

    Someone directed me to COP thread, but i dunno what is appropriate topic to post question on this thread though.
    I saw last time there is 1000D users going out for exchanges regarding the camera and photography.
    I wonder is there still things like that..?

  4. #984

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    hi there.. ohyes, using 1000D as my first dslr.

    Someone directed me to COP thread, but i dunno what is appropriate topic to post question on this thread though.
    I saw last time there is 1000D users going out for exchanges regarding the camera and photography.
    I wonder is there still things like that..?
    hi there! welcome!

    hmm, ok here's a short version of our history, it all started with two threads/groups aka the 1000D and the 450D users. As both are considered entry level cameras, somehow paths crossed and after a while, the COP was formed.

    alot of users have progressed on to other cameras but it's the friendships that were built and am still on going here! So feel free to ask, learn and shoot more!

    but beware of the buy buy buy virus.. very lethal..
    Licence to shoot.

  5. #985
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    hi there.. ohyes, using 1000D as my first dslr.

    Someone directed me to COP thread, but i dunno what is appropriate topic to post question on this thread though.
    I saw last time there is 1000D users going out for exchanges regarding the camera and photography.
    I wonder is there still things like that..?
    Welcome to COP.
    Basically, there is no restricted topic for this thread.
    So, you can post whatever questions or topics.
    We will try to join in the discussion if we are able to help out.
    450D/17-50 F2.8 HSM OS/50 F1.8/430EXII/85 F1.8/BenroA300EX/55-250 IS/ 35mm F2

  6. #986
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Welcome.

    Lai lai lai.

    We usually go SSS, TCSS outside of this forums and shopping tgt. Haha!

    The last part is very lethal here so just beware. Well, having said that, we are just a fun bunch of people that love photography from all walks of lives.

  7. #987

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui
    hi there! welcome!

    hmm, ok here's a short version of our history, it all started with two threads/groups aka the 1000D and the 450D users. As both are considered entry level cameras, somehow paths crossed and after a while, the COP was formed.

    alot of users have progressed on to other cameras but it's the friendships that were built and am still on going here! So feel free to ask, learn and shoot more!

    but beware of the buy buy buy virus.. very lethal..
    Quote Originally Posted by JPLim
    Welcome to COP.
    Basically, there is no restricted topic for this thread.
    So, you can post whatever questions or topics.
    We will try to join in the discussion if we are able to help out.
    Wow.. ok thanks for the friendly welcome
    So different from the newbie forum where many are being criticised at before helped. haha

    Well, i guess i am a little late to join in now in the 1000d pool. Initially wanted 450D, but the salesperson psycho me to save the money for other accessories instead.. haha.

    I have been using 1000D for 2 weeks, got quite a number of questions regarding camera picture style and night shooting advices.

    But in fact my first questions is abt buying! Abit longwinded....Here goes..

    I wanna get a budget tripod, saw ppl selling $30 in BnS, (i dun mind the weight) for night shooting cos i had a tough time shooting at lower apertures of the landscape... Even shooting a plate of food at night is slightly blur with/without flash! I saw courts has 1 $24.90.. no brand shown. Can i trust that?

    I understand the built in flash sometimes is too harsh when close up.. i hear abt some ways where u can cover the flash with a layer of rubber or plastic looking thing. Can i just DIY put plastic bag cover the flash to make it less bright?

    paiseh i know i am abit too low budget

  8. #988
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    hey guy.. something very impt.. hw do i get back the file that is deleted from the sdhc sard accidently? is there a way?
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  9. #989
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    hey guy.. something very impt.. hw do i get back the file that is deleted from the sdhc sard accidently? is there a way?
    DUN USE the card anymore.

    I look for the software for you.

  10. #990
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    Wow.. ok thanks for the friendly welcome
    So different from the newbie forum where many are being criticised at before helped. haha

    Well, i guess i am a little late to join in now in the 1000d pool. Initially wanted 450D, but the salesperson psycho me to save the money for other accessories instead.. haha.

    I have been using 1000D for 2 weeks, got quite a number of questions regarding camera picture style and night shooting advices.

    But in fact my first questions is abt buying! Abit longwinded....Here goes..

    I wanna get a budget tripod, saw ppl selling $30 in BnS, (i dun mind the weight) for night shooting cos i had a tough time shooting at lower apertures of the landscape... Even shooting a plate of food at night is slightly blur with/without flash! I saw courts has 1 $24.90.. no brand shown. Can i trust that?

    I understand the built in flash sometimes is too harsh when close up.. i hear abt some ways where u can cover the flash with a layer of rubber or plastic looking thing. Can i just DIY put plastic bag cover the flash to make it less bright?

    paiseh i know i am abit too low budget

    Budget? How much? Set an amount and we direct you.

    Diffusing pop-up flash? Buy Pop-Up diffuser or FOC, use soft tissue paper.

  11. #991
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    DUN USE the card anymore.

    I look for the software for you.
    why dun use the card anymore?
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  12. #992

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    why dun use the card anymore?
    i accidentally deleted ALL my pics from my SD card before also.. panick like what. but i googled something along "sd card recovery" or something along there.. found a few apps foc to do that. thankfully recovered all my photos.
    Licence to shoot.

  13. #993

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Budget? How much? Set an amount and we direct you.

    Diffusing pop-up flash? Buy Pop-Up diffuser or FOC, use soft tissue paper.
    Tissue paper is great idea for now. haha..

    budget for tripod.... <$40. abit heavy nvm.. stable can already.. hooo

  14. #994

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    Wow.. ok thanks for the friendly welcome
    So different from the newbie forum where many are being criticised at before helped. haha

    Well, i guess i am a little late to join in now in the 1000d pool. Initially wanted 450D, but the salesperson psycho me to save the money for other accessories instead.. haha.

    I have been using 1000D for 2 weeks, got quite a number of questions regarding camera picture style and night shooting advices.

    But in fact my first questions is abt buying! Abit longwinded....Here goes..

    I wanna get a budget tripod, saw ppl selling $30 in BnS, (i dun mind the weight) for night shooting cos i had a tough time shooting at lower apertures of the landscape... Even shooting a plate of food at night is slightly blur with/without flash! I saw courts has 1 $24.90.. no brand shown. Can i trust that?

    I understand the built in flash sometimes is too harsh when close up.. i hear abt some ways where u can cover the flash with a layer of rubber or plastic looking thing. Can i just DIY put plastic bag cover the flash to make it less bright?

    paiseh i know i am abit too low budget
    1000D or 450D, its a good camera to start learning with! You'll be surprised at what they can do for you as you learn and master your skills and gears!

    Getting a tripod is the way to go for night shoots (almost a must) and for slow shutter speed. Like what Ryan asked, what's your willing to spend budget? Actually people would usually recommend something more lasting and which you can use for a while. In long while you'll actually save more as you do not need to keep spending on upgrading. But having said those, people usually won't believe in that till they go through that themselves.

    As for harsh flash for your inbuilt flash, get those inbuilt flash diffuser. Quite cheap, check out our Mass Order section.
    Licence to shoot.

  15. #995
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    why dun use the card anymore?
    Becos u have to recover the files 1st. If not, the track might be overwrite by new files.

  16. #996
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    i accidentally deleted ALL my pics from my SD card before also.. panick like what. but i googled something along "sd card recovery" or something along there.. found a few apps foc to do that. thankfully recovered all my photos.
    minzhui. you can do the above as per xhui had said.

    I can't seem to find the software that my fren pass to me.

  17. #997
    Senior Member NovJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ~Sunny Little Island~
    Posts
    5,651

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    Wow.. ok thanks for the friendly welcome
    So different from the newbie forum where many are being criticised at before helped. haha

    Well, i guess i am a little late to join in now in the 1000d pool. Initially wanted 450D, but the salesperson psycho me to save the money for other accessories instead.. haha.

    I have been using 1000D for 2 weeks, got quite a number of questions regarding camera picture style and night shooting advices.

    But in fact my first questions is abt buying! Abit longwinded....Here goes..

    I wanna get a budget tripod, saw ppl selling $30 in BnS, (i dun mind the weight) for night shooting cos i had a tough time shooting at lower apertures of the landscape... Even shooting a plate of food at night is slightly blur with/without flash! I saw courts has 1 $24.90.. no brand shown. Can i trust that?

    I understand the built in flash sometimes is too harsh when close up.. i hear abt some ways where u can cover the flash with a layer of rubber or plastic looking thing. Can i just DIY put plastic bag cover the flash to make it less bright?

    paiseh i know i am abit too low budget
    For night shots, a tripod is a must. Though said, I rather you save up more to get a good tripod like Benro, Velbon, Vanguard, Silk or Manfrotto. For now, I suggest that you learn how to have a good grip of holding the camera, breath through, hold breath, half shutter and shot. This is a critical skill where you need to shoot under low light and tripod is not allowed. My best is 0.3 seconds and I know some of the photographers can do longer.

    For the flash portion, if you are doing portraits, you can use a soft foam to diffuse the light. For macros and closeups, you need to spend more time to make a DIY flash diffuser so that lights and shadows are not so harsh. You can google to look for solutions as well. Meanwhile, below a picture of my own DIY built in flash diffuser which I use for macro shootings.

    DIY Diffuser:


    One of my macros using the above diffuser:


    Hope the above helps .

  18. #998

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    Tissue paper is great idea for now. haha..

    budget for tripod.... <$40. abit heavy nvm.. stable can already.. hooo
    hmm, willing to up the budget to $88? Seriously, for $88 it is really worthwhile and this tripod probably can be with you for a while (till you upgrade to seriously big guns n stuffs).

    check out http://store.tagotech.com/index.php?...11857d1ce9c885
    Licence to shoot.

  19. #999
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

    Into a new season... here we go... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622761

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254045484950

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •