Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Auto function of DSLR

Default Re: Auto function of DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by animian2002
    another stupid question how come when i upload both pictures, they all look almost the same, but when i view the original using zoombrowser Ex - i can see the difference very clearly
    When you upload for web, the picture gets down-sized. Perhaps something else happens in the process of re-saving the file.

Quote Originally Posted by IsenGrim
    .... i think i know why le....
    your auto mode got flash right????

see pict 1 the railing got reflection

but hor, i think its the cam. in program mode, then MAYBE it tried to detect what scene it was. (portrait, landscape, etc) den attempted to apply some kind of processing that will "enchance" your image. in partial//full manual modes, nothing is done to ensure consistant results that are important.

since you only got 1 week left. i recommend you to just use the different scene modes like portrait, landscape etc at hokkaido, lest you come back with a bunch of underexposed pictures and bad memories
    the reflection in the railing is due to the clouds or leaves moving a bit. You can see other spots of light on the concrete safety barriers too. The sun is shining through the tree above.

I'm not sure if
    1/200 ; f/14.0 ; ISO 400
    and
    1/400 ; f/5.6 ; ISO 100

produce the same exposure. Gotta calculate.
    The 2 photos look about the same at this resolution. There is a SLIGHT difference only.
    Exploring! :)

i suspect when i upload them on the web ... they actually auto edit / process it ..that's why it doesnt look obvious to you guys

Photobucket doesn't do auto edit for you. I merely resized if the image is too big. So if your images are resized prior upload. Then it is way you see is what you get.

And besides, the lighting, shadow and color are very clear cut. No resizing can change the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by animian2002 View Post
    i suspect when i upload them on the web ... they actually auto edit / process it ..that's why it doesnt look obvious to you guys

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123