56 83.58%
  • 7D

11 16.42%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stick to nikon and get a d700 or get a 7d

Default Re: Stick to nikon and get a d700 or get a 7d

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    TS disappeared already.
    i think he end up with either Sony Alpha A700 or Pentax K7...

Sorry TS no Internet
    many ask me any I want to upgrade ok my tamron was a soft one and was not as good as my previous version (17-50 f 2.8) so I found a 35-70 in Aussie so I thought of taking a break

while travelling in masia and bkk via I will be running around a lot so can't
    bring camera and I have restrictions onmy trip that do not allow me to take a large camera .

I am on a lx3 now

anyway the 7d was just a sales promoters suggestion so I thought y not but I think I will get a d700 I miss the DOF of an slr anyway the d90 was a good camera but after using it for a year I was looking for my pictures to be sharper but the d90 and tamron combo not sharp enough for me.

Sorry for the bad English hahaha

I will stick to D700 if i were you since you already have the 2 mentioned lenses.
    You need to get new lenses if you are getting the 7D.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
    Sorry TS no Internet
    many ask me any I want to upgrade ok my tamron was a soft one and was not as good as my previous version (17-50 f 2.8) so I found a 35-70 in Aussie so I thought of taking a break

bring camera and I have restrictions onmy trip that do not allow me to take a large camera .

I am on a lx3 now

anyway the 7d was just a sales promoters suggestion so I thought y not but I think I will get a d700 I miss the DOF of an slr anyway the d90 was a good camera but after using it for a year I was looking for my pictures to be sharper but the d90 and tamron combo not sharp enough for me.

If you want to buy a Canon 7D, you don't need to buy a new lenses. You buy a AF Confirm Nikon Lens to Canon EOS EF Lens Mount Adapter.
    Enjoy to take photo anywhere.

Nikon.

but some shops have been telling me about 7d do you think I should stick the getting a d700 or change to canon 7d hai...... Confused hahha
    Now people telling you to get Leica M9 leh. More confused now?

you met a bad saleman...... his bos should kick his ass for asking you to buy 7D...... ..........he should be pushing you the 5DMKII.... that is more comparable to D700............. 7D vs D700........... Nikon anytime...... if it is 5DMKII... then maybe tough choice... need to go try try first.....

Sorry TS no Internet

I am on a lx3 now

It's the punctuation (or the lack of it), rather than the english... hahaha.
    I think you used only 2 full-stops in the entire post, even though there are at least 10 sentences.

I'm finding it a bit hard to understand what you're trying to say actually. Roughly I understand that you find the Tamron 17-50 + D90 combo to be not sharp enough.
    You certainly do have very high standards.
    If sharpness is very high on your priorities, you'd better be willing to splurge big $$$$ on more exotic glass (eg. D700 + N24/70 f/2.8, or maybe really fast primes).
    Exploring! :)

the 24-70 is currently the sharpest zoom in the nikon lineup, so yeah you should switch to FF since you already have 2 FF lenses..

Or the M9 if you're worried about sharpness, with a 35asph.

oh ok thanks guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12