Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: I have no place to go... :(

  1. #1

    Default I have no place to go... :(

    Anyone wanna suggest a holiday location?

    End-June/Early-July
    $500 max per person(includes lodging, meals, not a cent more)
    around 4 to 5 persons
    ~5 to 6 days.
    Free & easy. No fully packaged tours.
    West Malaysia & Thailand also can.
    Multiple destinations welcomed.

    Friends can do wat they like. I wanna go snapping. (most important part... ) Prefer a place where everyone's happy.

    One friend suggested Penang. Never been there before. Anymore suggestions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore / Japan / China
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    angkor wat, vietnam, all those popular destinations in thailand (bangkok, koh samui, krabi, phuket...etc), bali...

    but i think bangkok will be good...shopping, food (except chicken), shooting (any kind )...there're something for everyone to do there...

  3. #3

    Default

    Oooo...
    vietnam sounds good... But I dun think everyone wanna go there...
    My friends' logic is travelling by bus cheaper than air...
    Anything to save $$$ will do...

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Oooo...
    vietnam sounds good... But I dun think everyone wanna go there...
    My friends' logic is travelling by bus cheaper than air...
    Anything to save $$$ will do...
    SENTOSA!!!

    Can go by BUS and AIR oso cheaper!
    hehhee.e...

    So what you waiting for!
    go go go

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore / Japan / China
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    get those free and easy package that includes accommodations and transport...

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,651

    Default

    Since there are 4 or 5 of you, why not rent a 7 seater and drive up West Malaysia? Free to go anywhere you like.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Beijing, Shuangjing
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Sabah, East Malaysia... got islands and mountains at the same place. My hometown actually, will be going back during mid-June.
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WAT? WAN TO STALK MI AH? LOLZ
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Anyone wanna suggest a holiday location?

    End-June/Early-July
    $500 max per person(includes lodging, meals, not a cent more)
    around 4 to 5 persons
    ~5 to 6 days.
    Free & easy. No fully packaged tours.
    West Malaysia & Thailand also can.
    Multiple destinations welcomed.

    Friends can do wat they like. I wanna go snapping. (most important part... ) Prefer a place where everyone's happy.

    One friend suggested Penang. Never been there before. Anymore suggestions?
    thailand will do.. beware of birdflu

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by art2d2
    Sabah, East Malaysia... got islands and mountains at the same place. My hometown actually, will be going back during mid-June.
    Wat's the cheapest way to fly there besides attaching wings to my arms?
    How much is the 2-way tix?

    Thanks...

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    thailand will do.. beware of birdflu
    Actually we all went thailand last yr already.
    Traveled all the way up to Chiang Mai.
    We didn't stop at BBK.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Beijing, Shuangjing
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Wat's the cheapest way to fly there besides attaching wings to my arms?
    How much is the 2-way tix?

    Thanks...
    So far the cheapest via Changi is SGD230.00 for 2 way w/o taxes. This is via Australian Airlines. If you want cheaper, you can take AirAsia via JB, probably will save you around SGD100.00.

    I'm waiting for AirAsia to fly via Changi, hopefully will be even more cheaper.
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by art2d2
    So far the cheapest via Changi is SGD230.00 for 2 way w/o taxes. This is via Australian Airlines. If you want cheaper, you can take AirAsia via JB, probably will save you around SGD100.00.

    I'm waiting for AirAsia to fly via Changi, hopefully will be even more cheaper.
    AirAisa having a promotion from Changi to Bangkok.
    Single trip cost from $55.
    Return trip... they didn't say.

    Need to travel by somewhere end of march.

  13. #13

    Default

    so far decided on east Malaysia.
    & I know nothing about that place...
    Where can I go to?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Beijing, Shuangjing
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    so far decided on east Malaysia.
    & I know nothing about that place...
    Where can I go to?
    Here is one site to get you started. http://www.sabahtourism.com/

    And you can find some accommodation here also

    http://www.hotelmalaysia.com/sabah/index.htm

    Tomshen went there with Agpx4 (who is also from Sabah). I think you can find some pics of his trip in his website. Sorry Tom, borrow your site. hehe.

    http://tomshen.clubsnap.org/gallery/...kk_001_050.htm

    Some places not be be missed are Mount Kinabalu Park, highest peak in South East Asia and Taman Tungku Abdul Rahman (5 islands just 15 mins offshore of the city). If you go at the end of May (30th and 31st), there is a Harvest Festival. Very good for photo taking, a lot of culture events and shows.
    Last edited by art2d2; 10th February 2004 at 03:09 PM.
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Holland Village
    Posts
    87

    Default

    only read the first post.. and my suggestion is PENANG! I don't know the cost (my daddy pays for everything, hahaha...) but there is this place in Penang known as the Blue Mansion. You can stay there, it's quite comfortable and if you're Singaporean you get discounts I think. Best of all, your friends can go shop/sightsee while you hang around the Mansion to photograph! Remember, you MUST be a guest at the Mansion to have the privilege to photograph it. Otherwise, photography is not allowed.

    PS: for a cheaper way to Penang, travel to Johor first then get a ticket to penang from there. if you fly from Singapore, there's only SQ we all know how much SQ is. Or, if you're really gung-ho, take a bus... it costs less than a hundred bucks to get there, but bless your buttocks

  16. #16

    Default

    Penang was 1 of my 1st choice, but my friends want to try something different.
    Travelling by bus no problem Took one all the way to Chiang Mai last yr.

    Thanks Art2d2 for the info.
    Will be going most prob in 1st or 2nd week in July.
    My friends prefer sun/sand/sea. Where in sabah is good?
    & anything i need to know?

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Beijing, Shuangjing
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Penang was 1 of my 1st choice, but my friends want to try something different.
    Travelling by bus no problem Took one all the way to Chiang Mai last yr.

    Thanks Art2d2 for the info.
    Will be going most prob in 1st or 2nd week in July.
    My friends prefer sun/sand/sea. Where in sabah is good?
    & anything i need to know?
    Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints.

    One thing to take note, taxis there don't use meters, so better bargain hard with them. Typical ride around town is RM5.00 - RM10.00. To airport is slightly expensive, probably around RM15-RM20.

    Other than that, just enjoy yourself. Pre-plan to join some local tours if possible.
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Holland Village
    Posts
    87

    Default

    i not sure if this applies to whole of Malaysia or only Penang.. but in Penang taxis are hired with tickets purchased from airport/hotels, or hired on hourly basis at 35RM per hour, three hours minimum. Hope it helps?

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Beijing, Shuangjing
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Here are some additional info on the places to go.

    There are a few islands just offshore Kota Kinabalu, capital of Sabah. I recommend Pulau Manukan and Pulau Sapi. Can do snorkelling and trekking there. Manukan is more develop, there are restaurants and chalets there. I highly recommend that you spend a night there. All chalets are fully air-conditioned. Pulau Sapi is more natural, less developed.

    You can do the chalet bookings via http://www.sabahparks.org.my/ Not online, but can call them. You can also book Kinabalu Park chalets and hostels from them.
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

  20. #20

    Default

    but holiday doesnt mean MUST travel ah..there should be some other equally good thing to do when not overseas

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •