View Poll Results: What would you rather get?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canon 300D

23 19.83%
  • Nikon D70

93 80.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EOS 300D or Nikon D70?

I just bought 300D three weeks ago simply coz i can`t wait too long for D70. I have bought several lenses as well.

Having seen the D70 specs, I just hope Canon will come with better version next year

Well, meanwhile I think that there might be people queueing for the D70 when it comes out at end of month.

I seriously considered buying a 300D but I shoot exclusively in Manual and there are problems with metering (non selectable) and a few other stuff that turned me away... sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by oleo
    I just bought 300D three weeks ago simply coz i can`t wait too long for D70. I have bought several lenses as well.

Having seen the D70 specs, I just hope Canon will come with better version next year

Default Price?

Btw, anyone has any idea how much a D70 would be and when it will hit the stores here?

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rapidmax
    Well, meanwhile I think that there might be people queueing for the D70 when it comes out at end of month.

I seriously considered buying a 300D but I shoot exclusively in Manual and there are problems with metering (non selectable) and a few other stuff that turned me away... sigh.
    Put your name down in the pre-order list! Buy! Buy! Buy!

ESPN, this is where you come in

Quote Originally Posted by rapidmax
    Btw, anyone has any idea how much a D70 would be and when it will hit the stores here?

Thanks!!!
    See the thread in the Nikon forum. Around S$1700...

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    See the thread in the Nikon forum. Around S$1700...
    Good pricing! I think Canon will be force to lower the 300D street price liao...to compete with the upcoming D70.

As for the question....I would say each has its own advantages and disadvantages....no one has had a hands on on D70 yet so its not fair to compare and say which is better....but on paper the D70's specs definitely beat the 300D's hands down. Look forward to its launch...
    Last edited by Garion; 13th February 2004 at 09:55 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12