Thread: what's the best express bus to take from SG to Malacca?

Default what's the best express bus to take from SG to Malacca?

hi guys. im thinking of going to malacca. i used to travel with Transtar as they had good buses at a decent price. but they have since cancelled their Sing - Malacca route.

I'm wondering if you have any recommendations on what other bus services are good. I've heard rather bad things about Konsortium, grassland, sri maju and five star from anecdotal reviews on travel forums. i've never travelled with them before so i'm not sure how accurate these negative reports are.

would appreciate any recommendations and if you know, the prices for a ONE WAY ticket also in december (date of travel 7 dec).

thanks guys!

Default Re: what's the best express bus to take from SG to Malacca?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone View Post
    hi guys. im thinking of going to malacca. i used to travel with Transtar as they had good buses at a decent price. but they have since cancelled their Sing - Malacca route.

I'm wondering if you have any recommendations on what other bus services are good. I've heard rather bad things about Konsortium, grassland, sri maju and five star from anecdotal reviews on travel forums. i've never travelled with them before so i'm not sure how accurate these negative reports are.

would appreciate any recommendations and if you know, the prices for a ONE WAY ticket also in december (date of travel 7 dec).

thanks guys!
    Before I bought my car, I only travel with srimaju from JB back to my hometown in Perak.
    U need to check what kind of buses they provide, if it is double decker, any company also good due to comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone View Post

thanks guys!
    Check it out...

i personally recommend five star. grassland is so so, konsortium is bad...really baaaad. sri maju i never take before, so...but then again, there's the more expensive aeroline. oh, btw, the other bus companies...crap.
    おれのflickrださ

Hi,

You can consider 707 express bus. Boarding place is at Queen St. in Singapore which is walking distance from Bugis MRT and stops at Sentral in Melaka. I've taken a couple of times and think its pretty decent. Cost is about S$22. One free mineral water too.

Will be taking it again next week though not on 7 Dec.

Go for the Luxury Tour bus as they have regular trips to Malacca and even link up with a guide in their tour there, the guide is in the bus and she boards at 2nd Link. Gave you history of Malacca.

Stopped at Equitorial and another hotel but quite central lah.

../azul123

707 for the win. Leaves from Queen Street. Only thing I don't like is that you cannot change dates if your plans change.