Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Salon Style Photography - What's Your Take?

Totally agreed with Darren, actually wanted to call a stop to this personal attacks and Darren is fast to point it out. Thank you so much ... it will be meaningless to continue this thread in such manner and it doesn't reflect well on ourselves as so called photographers.

May the PEACE with us again ....
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

wahlau... simi dai-ji??? so much debates don't give nice nice pictures leh.

here's my contribution : go out and shoot some nice pictures (nice to others or not, doesn't matter). afterall, photography is what clubsnap's all about...

+1

true true....

here's another photographic challenge .... start a photo-a-day project. it's not so easy to shoot at least one nice photo every day for a year!

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    true true....

here's another photographic challenge .... start a photo-a-day project. it's not so easy to shoot at least one nice photo every day for a year!

At the end of the day, I still do not know what salon photography is all about other than my so called "preconceived (and wrong) idea". And I believe the same holds true for many members. So much attack on non-salonists and the salonists just can't put forward the truth properly. And in the process I get personal attacks.

And what's with this anti-moderator's-posting that so many people are having?

Regards
    CK
    [Not posting as moderator capacity]

Quote Originally Posted by rncw
    here's my contribution : go out and shoot some nice pictures (nice to others or not, doesn't matter). afterall, photography is what clubsnap's all about...
    I agree, clubsnap is about photography, (even Salon photography, based on the views expressed for and against it).

But I don't think its about trying to get extra letters after your name. That seems pretty unanimous based on the responses in this thread so far.

This is no longer about salon photography but about 'fancy letters' as someone else put it. If the poster is trying to convince people of the merits of extra letters after a name, I think he's so not succeeding and probably wasting his time. Maybe he should go to some other forum like hardwarezone.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Just keep shooting
    And that's what I intend to do... been cooped up too much at work of late.

Cheers, espn

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    At the end of the day, I still do not know what salon photography is all about other than my so called "preconceived (and wrong) idea". And I believe the same holds true for many members. So much attack on non-salonists and the salonists just can't put forward the truth properly. And in the process I get personal attacks.

And what's with this anti-moderator's-posting that so many people are having?

Regards
    CK
    [Not posting as moderator capacity]
    salon style photography is fine art in photographs.

for example;

ken duncan's pano landscapes would be salon

but... photojournalistic photos like the photo of the south vietnamese officer executing a vietcong prisoner in the street is not.

Let's see....

Directional light, beautifully posed, lots of smoke....

Does this qualify?

look at wormz777's recent post "so long". the 1st pic is definitely salon-style.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Let's see....

Does this qualify?

I suppose many would just say that this is documentary photography. Salon or not? depends on which kind of salon you take part in. Anyway, good documentation on your part. I could nearly imagine winged angels in the background of smoke. And hey! I know the couple in the shot... they were my classmates, recently married. Have you got their permission to post it up in any case?

Let's see....

Does this qualify?

dunno.... the chairs in the background quite distracting.... without them there would be an illusion of the couple walking on cloud nine ...

Quote Originally Posted by teL
    I suppose many would just say that this is documentary photography. Salon or not? depends on which kind of salon you take part in. Anyway, good documentation on your part. I could nearly imagine winged angels in the background of smoke. And hey! I know the couple in the shot... they were my classmates, recently married. Have you got their permission to post it up in any case?
    for what i know, StreetShooter is a MBBS too (sorry, pun intended... )

come on guys, can't we be more tolerant of each others' styles, like we S'poreans being more tolerant of each others' CHOICE of religion. there is no need for name calling and personal attacks. take a step back, cool off!

That means you must still be in NS. No wonder so free. How come you're listed as SGH O&G at MOH website?

Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    for what i know, StreetShooter is a MBBS too (sorry, pun intended... )
    Actually I'm Streetshooter MBBS MMed FotBC FHoBW BABB DPPS.

(Come on, ask me what that means...)

wah piangz eh!! i guess if you put all your titles under your pics, you should be shooting panaromics for the rest of your life....

snipe PSLE...

DUH.....

I still havent got my B.Eng(EEE), MSc, PhD, MIEE, MIEEE, MIES, MAD.... WATEVER

That means you must still be in NS. No wonder so free. How come you're listed as SGH O&G at MOH website?
    I'm not in NS that's for sure. I'm waiting to go home after spending one whole day and night at work yesterday
    Last edited by teL; 20th February 2004 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    DUH.....

I still havent got my B.Eng(EEE), MSc, PhD, MIEE, MIEEE, MIES, MAD.... WATEVER

You missed out on one... IEEE-1394

I'm not in NS that's for sure. I'm waiting to go home after spending one whole night at work last night
    Ah so. Yeah, those were the days of working through the night. Boy am I glad that's behind me.

Rachael is my wife's cousin. I shot the wedding for them as a backup photog. For the dinner, I was only using a Hexar, and this came out as a lucky shot. Fuji Neopan 1600 @ ISO 3200, 35mm f2.

No permission, but I'm sure they won't mind, since I did the slideshow for their dinner. Anyway they're somewhere in Sri Lanka now, and this thread will be lost by the time they get back.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast