Thread: Need advise outdoor shoot with a nice sunlight exposure

Default Need advise outdoor shoot with a nice sunlight exposure

Hi All,

Refer to the below link...
    http://album.blog.yam.com/vivianlu8&folder=6667741
    http://album.blog.yam.com/vivianlu8&folder=6821549
    http://album.blog.yam.com/vivianlu8&folder=6741102

the light exposure really seem nice...how to get that kind of effect and what setting to use???
    Last edited by rysouke; 30th November 2009 at 11:18 PM.

Default Re: Need advise outdoor shoot with a nice sunlight exposure

Find a bright location, then look for even shade, and use a reflector.

Have fun.

Settings can be seen in the exif data. The warm tone comes from WB "Cloudy".
    (If you can't use right-click menu in your browser you need to block scripts and reload the page.)
    EOS

for dolls (or whatever that is...) you can use a reflector. Don't have it? Use a mirror, cooking foil, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    for dolls (or whatever that is...) you can use a reflector. Don't have it? Use a mirror, cooking foil, etc.
    Reflector can be anything that can reflect light. As listed, got many more...even a friend's white tee shirt also can. In fact, I once made a friend stand-in with his white tee as a make-shift reflector since we needed another one on location and ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Settings can be seen in the exif data. The warm tone comes from WB "Cloudy".
    (If you can't use right-click menu in your browser you need to block scripts and reload the page.)
    erm...about exif data...i try to right click...but i cant find any info to see the exif data...do i need to download anything....

Does those pictures uses flash?? As for reflector...where to put??? sorry to ask noob question...haha

Asking questions is a good thing, but thinking of copying someone's settings to replicate results will not teach much.

Also, same settings may niot work for you, but give bad results.

Study the photos you like and try to figure out where the main light was, and where the fill light came from.

In the photos you linked, it's super easy.

Then using your knowledge and experience of basic photography, start taking your own photos of figurines in a similar settings (if that's what you like) and experiment to find out what gives you the best results.

If basics not sure, time to put camera down and start reading. Seriously.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    erm...about exif data...i try to right click...but i cant find any info to see the exif data...do i need to download anything....
    It seems the right-click menus have been disabled by scripts. Using Firefox as browser can help here:
    - Download NoScript addon
    - Download Exif viewer addon
    Use NoScript to deactivate all scripts for that page, with exif viewer you can view the exif data via right-click on any big image (use 'view exif data of image' .. NOT '.. of link').
    Please bear in mind that NoScript needs some configuration, otherwise all your other websites will have trouble to work. If unsure just deactivate addon afterwards and it's all back to normal.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Asking questions is a good thing, but thinking of copying someone's settings to replicate results will not teach much.

Also, same settings may niot work for you, but give bad results.

Study the photos you like and try to figure out where the main light was, and where the fill light came from.

In the photos you linked, it's super easy.

Then using your knowledge and experience of basic photography, start taking your own photos of figurines in a similar settings (if that's what you like) and experiment to find out what gives you the best results.

If basics not sure, time to put camera down and start reading. Seriously.

All the best.
    Ya i agree with you...i just want to use them as reference..and do research...i did do read up on the camera setting .. i know the basics..just want to know more...so i can have my own set of pictures...i did do some some practise on my figurine too..just want to keep improving it...

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    It seems the right-click menus have been disabled by scripts. Using Firefox as browser can help here:
    - Download NoScript addon
    - Download Exif viewer addon
    Use NoScript to deactivate all scripts for that page, with exif viewer you can view the exif data via right-click on any big image (use 'view exif data of image' .. NOT '.. of link').
    Please bear in mind that NoScript needs some configuration, otherwise all your other websites will have trouble to work. If unsure just deactivate addon afterwards and it's all back to normal.
    ya i manage to do it...thank alot...