Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 94

Thread: Wannabes

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    990

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgreg View Post
    ehh sometimes those "teens" might actually be adults who are working ya know
    next time you should ask them how old they are first.
    Definitely teens! The ones i saw looks youthful, secondary school types.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

  2. #62

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post

    ....now that u mention it...DSLR looks cheap..hmm maybe i should swtich to RF and get a leica M9 to look more exclusive???and so that i can hao lian more right?
    Most XMMs do not know what is Leica M9. They only know Ken Watanabe and Canon 7D, or some big ass Nikon. Maybe the very experienced XMM will hear of Terry Richardson and his Yashica T4 lah. But otherwise, I think if you use Leica, the XMM will think you small. XMM like GWC to have big big tua gee camera wan.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Since this thread is about wannabes, can also discuss about wannabe CMI XMMs also who go for photoshoot? Those that think they very pro model but dunno what to do?

    Actually hor, for every GWC, I thnk there is alot more CMI XMM. They still expect to be paid lor.

  4. #64

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Quote Originally Posted by artspraken View Post
    Since this thread is about wannabes, can also discuss about wannabe CMI XMMs also who go for photoshoot? Those that think they very pro model but dunno what to do?

    Actually hor, for every GWC, I thnk there is alot more CMI XMM. They still expect to be paid lor.
    they just keep on copying it...!!
    whitewall industry

  5. #65

    Default Re: Wannabes

    For complaints about wannabe models by GWCs, see HERE

  6. #66
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Frankly speaking, can't be bothered with tat as well, sometimes i walked past them and they will go whispering to one another " look, wow, this guy pro leh, camera so big, D700 u know"
    And i was like, wth, i no pro, jus another serious amatuer, is there a need to over react?

    Got to admit its an ongoing trend for teens nwadays to hang an dslr over their neck and carrying nth else, hopefully they deliver gd shots to do the cam some justice OR to justify the $$ (either theirs or their parents) worthwhile spent
    Last edited by Numnumball; 2nd December 2009 at 03:52 PM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  7. #67
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Quote Originally Posted by redname View Post
    really? i dnt mind doing tht, got any shop tht can do a gd job?
    No idea on that...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  8. #68

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I think slinging one dlsr each on each shoulder, another one hanging from the neck in addition to the one in the hands is Si Beh cool leh.

    Of course this is the ultimate cool image:

    Wah!!!! My IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO COOL!!!! Typical XMM reaction?
    I have expensive camera and big lenses but don't know how to use..... Sound familar???

  9. #69
    Member iMac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tiong Bahru,Singapore
    Posts
    1,122

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Quote Originally Posted by artspraken View Post
    Most XMMs do not know what is Leica M9. They only know Ken Watanabe and Canon 7D, or some big ass Nikon. Maybe the very experienced XMM will hear of Terry Richardson and his Yashica T4 lah. But otherwise, I think if you use Leica, the XMM will think you small. XMM like GWC to have big big tua gee camera wan.
    Don't u think is pathetic if ppl do so just to impress? I buy what i like to use and feel happy. I am not bother with what ppl think abt what i use.
    On the contrary i hope these kids splurge more...buy all the pro bodies and L lens.so when they sick of it,there will be more B&S with more quality products.who cares abt their parents or doing justice to the money...if they don't,why should we? We shld encourage them to spend more.buy all the L lens..when they feel weak,heavy,they will start selling...

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    photographer assistant wannabe photographer?

  11. #71
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Wannabes

    i hope there population of wannabes double or triple every year.

    more b&s good deals in te following year for poor chap like me who r interested in photography.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Missed the Birds, shoot the Bees lor..

    Quote Originally Posted by simmeow View Post

    I just wish my DSLR can attract the birds enough that they stay still for the shoot. Hate it when they fly off the moment I got my focus right.

  13. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Maybe it's too much money that's why no need to get a bag.. If camera kena wacked just buy another one lor..


    Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    But just a thought, I see most of them with DSLRs slinged around everywhere they go to?

    Got money buy camera, no money buy a decent bag? I guess, camera protection did not really factor in for them?

  14. #74
    Member adorable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bury Road
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: Wannabes

    You never know, these teens may become the next top international photographers!

  15. #75

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Quote Originally Posted by artspraken View Post
    Actually hor, for every GWC, I thnk there is alot more CMI XMM. They still expect to be paid lor.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Frankly speaking, can't be bothered with tat as well, sometimes i walked past them and they will go whispering to one another " look, wow, this guy pro leh, camera so big, D700 u know"
    And i was like, wth, i no pro, jus another serious amatuer, is there a need to over react?

    Got to admit its an ongoing trend for teens nwadays to hang an dslr over their neck and carrying nth else, hopefully they deliver gd shots to do the cam some justice OR to justify the $$ (either theirs or their parents) worthwhile spent
    But I think you quite pro leh... hahah

    yeah I don't deliver good shots to justify the money spent on my camera.. =(

  17. #77

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Hey guys, i'm unfamiliar with the singaporean abbreviations such "gwc", "P&P" & "xmm". Can a kind soul define what they mean?

  18. #78

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Frankly speaking, can't be bothered with tat as well, sometimes i walked past them and they will go whispering to one another " look, wow, this guy pro leh, camera so big, D700 u know"
    And i was like, wth, i no pro, jus another serious amatuer, is there a need to over react?

    Got to admit its an ongoing trend for teens nwadays to hang an dslr over their neck and carrying nth else, hopefully they deliver gd shots to do the cam some justice OR to justify the $$ (either theirs or their parents) worthwhile spent

    I got quite a remark as well but not very flattering one...

    had my RF slinged around while walking in orchard road after taking some shots.

    XMM said "wa lao, you see that guy, the camera so old school, he think very fashionable to carry around mei??"

    In my mind I was like "smlj la....."

  19. #79

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
    Hey guys, i'm unfamiliar with the singaporean abbreviations such "gwc", "P&P" & "xmm". Can a kind soul define what they mean?
    GWC = Guy with camera (thats me)
    P&P = Portraits and poses (the forum I avoid posting in cause I'll get pwned.)
    xmm = Xiao mei mei.. (Little girls) (Thats the stuff that makes guys with cameras (ME) nose bleed.)

  20. #80
    Member iMac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tiong Bahru,Singapore
    Posts
    1,122

    Default Re: Wannabes

    Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    I got quite a remark as well but not very flattering one...

    had my RF slinged around while walking in orchard road after taking some shots.

    XMM said "wa lao, you see that guy, the camera so old school, he think very fashionable to carry around mei??"

    In my mind I was like "smlj la....."


    wah..i sure walk up to them ask them FO.gd stuffs don't know how to appreciate don't act smart.bloody rf can pay for your damn uglybag and clothes by xxx times. Don't know then don't act smart.old fashion...u think u very fashionable...haha

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •