Thread: Seagate : Service center?

Default Seagate : Service center?

Anyone knows if the Seagate office in AMK allows us to walk in with a problematic product? I just bought my external HDD today and it doesn't power on. To make things worse, I brought out the power adapter and lost it! Argh! Should I bring it in and ask if I could buy an adapter from the AMK office? I did Google for info but I don't seem to find any info about walk-in counter that I can go to.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Seagate : Service center?

My seagate squeaks and gave me erratic performance since day 1. They checked it, no problem found. !!??

You can call 6353 7767 they will direct you to the simlin branch.. 4th floor or something. Just call.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    My seagate squeaks and gave me erratic performance since day 1. They checked it, no problem found. !!??

You can call 6353 7767 they will direct you to the simlin branch.. 4th floor or something. Just call.
    Thanks for the reply. Will call them up tomorrow. Hope I can get a replacement power adapter from them. Not sure if it was the adapter that was dead or the darn HDD casing/HDD problem.

try their HOTLINE 800 1101 150

they served me well

excellent service

Quote Originally Posted by blazingflames18 View Post
    try their HOTLINE 800 1101 150

they served me well

excellent service

Thanks. I left the HDD at the collection center in Funan. Hope I can get it back soon.

Seagate AMK is an Disk Drive Assembly Factory not a service center. Anyway it will be gone soon (end 2010). Their Customer service is by 3rd party.

This is what I did recently with 2 spoilt Seagate HDD (one internal one external drive)...

Go to the webpage and register the product. Once registered, there is a page to register your return. Once done, print out the return documents and proceed to Funan level 5 shop to return the product (you can choose between Funan or Changi to return).

They will email you about the status, and for me, they couriered 2 new HDD to me in about a week.
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Seagate AMK is an Disk Drive Assembly Factory not a service center. Anyway it will be gone soon (end 2010). Their Customer service is by 3rd party.
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by geraldkhoo View Post
    This is what I did recently with 2 spoilt Seagate HDD (one internal one external drive)...

Go to the webpage and register the product. Once registered, there is a page to register your return. Once done, print out the return documents and proceed to Funan level 5 shop to return the product (you can choose between Funan or Changi to return).

They will email you about the status, and for me, they couriered 2 new HDD to me in about a week.
    Thank you too. I went to Funan without registering it online, just to find out later that without registering online ... it might take another day or two (on top of the 5 to 7 days to send us the replacement). Called them up and they told me they'll send me a brand new one (my darn Freeagent Xtreme 2TB won't power on the moment I brought it home). Unfortunately I bought it from Carrefour and had a hell time trying to contact them to ask if I can get a 1 to 1 exchange ... so I got fed up and sent it back to Seagate. That will be the last thing I'll buy from them (except those usual snacks and stuffs). Hehe.