Thread: print photo as living room decoration

Default print photo as living room decoration

Like to print same photos out as living room decoration. the photo is done by Nikon 6MP DSLR (3000*2000 pixel). what is the largest size able to print? Is it possible to be 1.2m*0.9m (4 feet * 3 feet)? what is cost estimated?

Thanks for all advice.

Default Re: print photo as living room decoration

actually the issue is how close will it be viewed. if its gonna be seen upclose, then the image quality i am afraid will not be good enough. won't have enough resolution to capture details to see upclose. in a way, where will it be placed will make a difference.

Ha, Thanks for fast reply.

yah. it's all about the distance. we did simulate the situlation by enlarge the pic to 1.2m * 0.9m in the monitor (of course I don't have such a big monitor, by moving around), it seems quite OK from 1m distance. I think living room at least 1m view distance.

depends on your layout. if for example, it is behind the sofa, i doubt anyone will be climbing on your sofa for a better look. so u are ensure a viewing distance of 1m or more.

Yah. exactly. will put it behind the 3 seat sofa

the biggest i printed with a 10mp camera is 20" by 30". the client loved it and it retained sufficient details for the type of stuff i shoot.

u can try sourcing for a printer in the forum. i got mine printed by a guy here.

you can order a canvas inkjet print call gallery wrap canvas print, it only need 150ppi, so no problem to get a 20 by 30 from a 6MP file.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio