Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Need abit help & advice...

  1. #21

    Default Re: Need abit help & advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    You mean macro? Marco is a male name ...
    Polo!!!
    Alpha

  2. #22
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,394

    Default Re: Need abit help & advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    cant really focus well mean...the camera try to focus but the picture just very blur...sometimes the focus box just become red..and i cant click the shutter release...
    Then check with your camera manual what it means. Different cameras have different ways.
    Regarding your Sigma lens, if you don't have the manual at hand you can check at Sigma website about the MFD. Please select the correct lens, compare all the letters at the lens barrel with the list, there are 2 recent models. One is labeled "Macro" and should have a fairly short MFD, so maybe you got the other one?
    EOS

  3. #23

    Default Re: Need abit help & advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Then check with your camera manual what it means. Different cameras have different ways.
    Regarding your Sigma lens, if you don't have the manual at hand you can check at Sigma website about the MFD. Please select the correct lens, compare all the letters at the lens barrel with the list, there are 2 recent models. One is labeled "Macro" and should have a fairly short MFD, so maybe you got the other one?
    my one is the macro one...and i also notice i cant do manual focusing even i switch from AF to MF...

    Ok i have check the sigma website...Minimum focusing distance is at 40cm...then i believe i have stand too near to the object...as i think i am not 40cm away from the object...that why out of focus....and also if i am far away from the object...does it mean i can get a better focusing and also a sharper image???
    Last edited by rysouke; 29th November 2009 at 04:26 PM.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Need abit help & advice...

    Cant do manual focusing????? Turn the focus ring on ur lens?!?

    Stop down and ur autofocusing will work better. Correct me if im wrong. 500D has a f/2.8 cross type AF sensor in the middle. The rest are not as good. so AF will work best if and only if ur using f/2.8 and slower, and u have selected the center autofocus point.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Need abit help & advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by supermoo View Post
    Cant do manual focusing????? Turn the focus ring on ur lens?!?

    Stop down and ur autofocusing will work better. Correct me if im wrong. 500D has a f/2.8 cross type AF sensor in the middle. The rest are not as good. so AF will work best if and only if ur using f/2.8 and slower, and u have selected the center autofocus point.
    i did turn but dont see any effect...i also want to know stop down, auto focusing can focus better with sharper image?? i am also thinking about this question which someone can tell me..

    u mean the f2.8 af sensor is in the centre autofocus pt?? so if i want have to use other pt to focus i will have to increase my f number??

  6. #26

    Default Re: Need abit help & advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by supermoo View Post
    Cant do manual focusing????? Turn the focus ring on ur lens?!?

    Stop down and ur autofocusing will work better. Correct me if im wrong. 500D has a f/2.8 cross type AF sensor in the middle. The rest are not as good. so AF will work best if and only if ur using f/2.8 and slower, and u have selected the center autofocus point.
    No. Please read your manual if you have cross-type sensors. it's the opposite of what you are thinking.
    Alpha

  7. #27

    Default Re: Need abit help & advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    i did turn but dont see any effect...i also want to know stop down, auto focusing can focus better with sharper image?? i am also thinking about this question which someone can tell me..

    u mean the f2.8 af sensor is in the centre autofocus pt?? so if i want have to use other pt to focus i will have to increase my f number??
    For your first question, please read the basic newbie photographic notes on depth of field. For the second one, don't get misled.
    Alpha

  8. #28

    Default Re: Need abit help & advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    For your first question, please read the basic newbie photographic notes on depth of field. For the second one, don't get misled.
    I have browse through the manual the centre AF pt is the most senitive and if with a fast length from f1.0 to f2.8, high precision focusing is possible with the centre AF....

  9. #29

    Default Re: Need abit help & advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    I have browse through the manual the centre AF pt is the most senitive and if with a fast length from f1.0 to f2.8, high precision focusing is possible with the centre AF....
    Exactly. That's the opposite of what you were saying.
    Alpha

  10. #30
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,394

    Default Re: Need abit help & advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by supermoo View Post
    Stop down and ur autofocusing will work better.
    Nope, it won't help a bit. Today's camera focus with aperture wide open - that's why the widest lens aperture defines whether the cross-type sensors can work or fall back to simple sensors (see Rashkae's comment). Only upon pressing the shutter the camera will close the lens aperture to the predefined value. But at this point the mirror is up and no further focusing is possible.
    EOS

  11. #31

    Default Re: Need abit help & advice...

    shoot further away?
    then crop the photo? u dont need to fill all ur viewfinder with the image u know?
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Need abit help & advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Nope, it won't help a bit. Today's camera focus with aperture wide open - that's why the widest lens aperture...
    I guess i was kinda misinterpreted. wad i meant to say is that minute focusing errors will be less visible when u stopped down due to the increase in depth of field. as such "work better" in getting a generally sharper image with more of ur subject in focus.

    ur lens will still hv to be fast enuf at wide open for the more sensitive sensor to work though. sry for being confusing :S
    Last edited by supermoo; 3rd December 2009 at 11:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •