Thread: He got into trouble when taking photo

Default He got into trouble when taking photo

Read it here

Anyone got into the similiar trouble in Singapore?

again, will this happen in Singapore?

singapore?
    when you have the chance around the beach to wipe out that cam of yours,people around would start to stare at you and think something else.
    just my opinion here.

i gotten into troble by cops too when i shot changi village jetty, i have posted on offstone before, cops copied my ID....

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    i gotten into troble by cops too when i shot changi village jetty, i have posted on offstone before, cops copied my ID....
    If you are refering to the jetty the you take the boat to Pulau Ubin.. then they police were in the right. It is a fact now.. that after 9/11.. the police have tighten security around and about all Customs and Immigrations Checkpoints.. The Jetty is an ICA checkpoint..

I have shot there many times.. and have volunteerarily gone to the police post to inform them I am taking pictures.. and passed them my nric.. likewise is supposed to apply infront of most major government buildings.. so dont be alarmed.. sometimes playing by their rules makes it easier to be a photographer..

singaporeans have one thing in common they always dun talk much as long as no harm is done most of the time ppl wun bother.

i've seen forigners going to sentosa beaches with handy cams pointing it around shooting girls... and no one complains.... can you imagine 3 chinese fellas foriegners.... in long pants shirts tucked in holding a handy cam walking on the beach and shooting girls... LoLx... but no one does anything anyway.... so that's singapore keke....
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

theres goes my plan to photograph that Presidental place beside PS, snicker, and run away like a mad woman. Oh well....

but seriously, yeah I do get strange stares from the public when I am out taking photographs.. but 90% of the time I don't take humans, nor even point in the general direction of humans, so I haven't been.. erm.. almost arrested before.

But to share some tips my uncle shared with me before regarding taking shots of random people. Best is you click without the person's knowledge, then act causal as if nothing happened. If the person sees you, smile brightly and see his/her response. If the individual smile backs, express your thanks - I usually just mouth "thank you" (like a fish, haha...), but at times I do go up to the person to show him the photo I took and ask if it's ok I add it to my personal collection. On the other hand, if the person glares at you, AND you are SURE the photograph was not indecent or invading of his privacy, just turn and walk away briskly. Don't run, just walk. If he follows, quickly delete the photo as u walk so there is no evidence against you.

If the police gets involved, just show them the photos u took to show that u mean no harm. they HAVE to do that check your ID and give warning crap, it's part of their job and no they do not mean to offend us photographers in anyway. It's best to just smile, coperate, say thank you to them for upkeeping the security. So that in case you are in the same area and see them, there's a chance they'll let u go without going through that crap again.

Good luck to us photographers...

shd all L Lens owner gather outside istana one find day?

Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    shd all L Lens owner gather outside istana one find day?
    let's. all with cameras just go. and we'll wear black shades and practise our univeral low, demonic laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Vynara
    let's. all with cameras just go. and we'll wear black shades and practise our univeral low, demonic laughs
    black shades too fake
    maybe try growing beard

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond
    black shades too fake
    maybe try growing beard
    guys grow beard, girls grow what????

Quote Originally Posted by Vynara
    guys grow beard, girls grow what????
    cover with black cloth?