Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Film users] What do you do with the empty plastic canisters?

Default [Film users] What do you do with the empty plastic canisters?

I used to hand them in together with the roll and then I discovered that the labs just throw them away. I find it very environmentally unfriendly to just throw them away so I keep them now. However, I have problems finding uses for them or recycling them.

Any suggestions from film (or digital) users?

Smile I recycle them for...

hi hi...when I am outdoor, esp seasports, backpacking and mountain trekking, I recycle them for dry storage. Keep my matchsticks dry inisde them and convert few of them as containers for spice, sugar, salt and pepper, for outdoor cooking. Even in my field first aid kit. Coins storage.

Well,
    When I am not shooting photographs, I'm also into building of plastic model kits. A friend of mine usually passed me those fujiflim plastic clear canisters. I used them to store paints that I have mixed & ready to pour into the airbrush for spraying.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    I used to hand them in together with the roll and then I discovered that the labs just throw them away. I find it very environmentally unfriendly to just throw them away so I keep them now. However, I have problems finding uses for them or recycling them.

Any suggestions from film (or digital) users?
    if u do bulk rolling, u may wanna keep them.

Anyone got spare canisters or know where i can get them? Thinking about converting them to store silica granules to keep in my camera bag.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tmc17479
    Anyone got spare canisters or know where i can get them? Thinking about converting them to store silica granules to keep in my camera bag.
    u can try azking the photo labz ..... they will be more than willing to give them to u since they will be throwing them away.

Keep those black canister(from Kodak) wherever you can find cause it's very useful when you have bulk film to store. This canister doesn't expose to light as easy as those semi-transparent type. Or am I talking no-brainer things again? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc17479
    Got lots of them. Can pass them to you somehow if you want.

Regards
    CK

The plastic containers....useful things
    Uses so far ... seperate my fishing hooks,swivels and lead sinkers, storage of my AAA rechargeables (4ea), hobbycraft items e.g. beads, coins etc.

I toss them into the recycling bin ....

Smile Collect and give to clinics.....

After a couple of hundred rolls, I would give it to the clinics as they use it for urine samples! Hehe.........Best way to recycle

What I did: I put silica gel into the canister. And make many small holes, put the canister into my camera bag. Cheap and easy.

I toss them out of the window........

Haa.. into the recycling bin lar

Deregistered

Follow sulhan's method of making hotshoe protectors and cut them into the bits.

Quote Originally Posted by hanoman
    What I did: I put silica gel into the canister. And make many small holes, put the canister into my camera bag. Cheap and easy.
    you do realise that is not going to make any difference as long as your camera bag is not airtight.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades
    I would give it to the clinics as they use it for urine samples! Hehe.........Best way to recycle
    film canister size is too small for clinic usage

I usually use them to store my bulk rolled film.

Talking Alamak......

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    film canister size is too small for clinic usage
    Alamak, of course too small lah! What they do is they will pour the samples from the cup lah! Hehe......

Use them to store coins. Size perfect for 50-cents coins. If u keep one canister full of coins handy, can even use them as weapon when the need arises :P

i keep spiders in them. i use fuji so transparent is good.. kodak not good because cannot see my spiders...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast