Thread: Saw this zoom lense at Cash-Convertor.

Default Saw this zoom lense at Cash-Convertor.

ya its a sigma Zoom lense. 70-300mm APO. It can switch to Marco. I can't find it at the sigma website. Does anyone know abt this lense?
    It have a gold ring at the end of the lense.
    Its a minolta mount.
    Its selling at $149. I tried, and its good. Juz some dust on the lense hood.

I've the similar lens but in Canon mount, quite a good lens.

It's now being replaced by Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO Zoom Macro Super II

Quote Originally Posted by nickpower
    ya its a sigma Zoom lense. 70-300mm APO. It can switch to Marco. I can't find it at the sigma website. Does anyone know abt this lense?
    It have a gold ring at the end of the lense.
    Its a minolta mount.
    Its selling at $149. I tried, and its good. Juz some dust on the lense hood.
    Very good len. One of my favourate, buy it!

I have one in Nikon mount. Good condition but no hood. If you want i sell you cheap cheap.

This is a good lens for outdoor sports and such, where you need the extra focal length. But this being an entry-level lens, don't expect too much optical quality out of it. Bright sunlight is almost a must with this lens.

It's a 2-in-1 lens, so if you shoot that occasional macro pic and have plenty of space in between you and your subject (min. 1m), then this lens is pretty good value for money for that 1:2 magnification ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilo
    I have one in Nikon mount. Good condition but no hood. If you want i sell you cheap cheap.
    Hey thanx.. but i am looking for a minolta mount zoom lense.. thanx..

Quote Originally Posted by skyjuice
    I've the similar lens but in Canon mount, quite a good lens.

It's now being replaced by Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO Zoom Macro Super II
    Hi, do u kw how much roughly is it selling at second hand price? i mean the sigma 3-700mm Zoom Macro super II....

Hi, do u kw how much roughly is it selling at second hand price? i mean the sigma 3-700mm Zoom Macro super II....
    the brand new one is around S$320, the second hand one should be ~S$240 depends on the condition.

the brand new one is around S$320, the second hand one should be ~S$240 depends on the condition.
    I juz got the lense. Haven try it yet. But still not sure how to use the Macro function, it says macro at 300...... can anyone enlighten me?

I juz got the lense. Haven try it yet. But still not sure how to use the Macro function, it says macro at 300...... can anyone enlighten me?
    zoom all the way to 300mm and switch from normal to macro. now it's macro mode and you can't change the focal length.

zoom all the way to 300mm and switch from normal to macro. now it's macro mode and you can't change the focal length.
    Can the same be done on the Canon 75-300mm?