Thread: Camera with lens in bag?

Default Camera with lens in bag?

Do you people leave your lenses attached to your camera bodies when carrying it in a backpack/bag? Heard from somewhere that it would cause stress at the mount

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76
    Do you people leave your lenses attached to your camera bodies when carrying it in a backpack/bag? Heard from somewhere that it would cause stress at the mount
    At anytime, there will be one lens mounted on my camera. No problem. You probably heard that from techies.

If you choose to remove the lens everytime you put your camera into the bag, someone along the line will come and tell you that will cause excessive wear on the mount. So go figure.

it really doesnt matter

Thanks guys i probably should care less n shoot more heheeh

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76
    choose the smallest and lightest, as well as your favourite lens to go with the cam in the bag. Dont try the 70-200 or any big lens.

Default lens in bag

I may leave small lens attached but the big one separated.

It's a habit that I always unmount the lens from the body after a shoot but also dunno why...I've been doing it Day One.

But if I don't unmount the lens then cannot fit all my eq into my little dry box.

if a camera can support its own weight when mounted on a large tele lens and also support the wieght of that lens, then the mount will not give way when put in to a bag with whatever lens... these things are tough.