Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dodging and burning in photoshop cs4

Default Re: dodging and burning in photoshop cs4

Quote Originally Posted by Peano View Post
    I didn't mean that as name-calling. I didn't call anyone a robot or a chimpanzee. My point is that if you can't SEE the problem, you might as well not have eyes. It's a visual medium. You can't do retouching by blindly following verbal recipes.

And I didn't "decide not to help." I am offering what I think is helpful: namely, the advice to try using your eyes instead of following a set of instructions. If you don't find that helpful, so be it.
    I am afraid I have to disagree with you. For a beginner in PS, they may not even know what the hell each blending mode does. It may not be a matter of having eyes or not. It is like if you do not know that you can buy a router to share internet connection or using a PC as gateway, you will not know that you can actually share your broadband connection. Hope this helps you to see thing in a different perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Peano View Post
    Because I'm not in favor of blindly following recipes. This is a visual medium, not a verbal medium. Follow his steps and try to see what he omitted.
    If you can't see it, you might as well be a robot or a chimpanzee following instructions.
    Haha.. imagine im a newbie.
    So i did as per instructed to fill 50% grey and i SEE the picture with 50% grey.
    So wad do i do next? i can SEE the problem. ... but there's no further help.
    So now i gotta guess wads the missing impt step.

Wad if i don even know what is overlay?
    So thanks for identifyng the problem ONLY and not helping.

Thats wad everybody meant. Seems like you dont SEE the problem.
    So if you ask if i find it helpful in what you are offering? My answer will be, no of cos.
    Last edited by limdj; 30th November 2009 at 05:13 PM.
    Canon 40D|50mm|35mm|10-20mm|17-55mm|580 II

Quote Originally Posted by limdj View Post
    Haha.. imagine im a newbie.
    So i did as per instructed to fill 50% grey and i SEE the picture with 50% grey.
    So wad do i do next? i can SEE the problem. ... but there's no further help.
    So now i gotta guess wads the missing impt step.

Wad if i don even know what is overlay?
    So thanks for identifyng the problem ONLY and not helping.

Thats wad everybody meant. Seems like you dont SEE the problem.
    So if you ask if i find it helpful in what you are offering? My answer will be, no of cos.
    If you go back and read my FIRST post, you'll see that it was directed to soeypixels. I told him that he left out a step. It was up to him to correct his error. Notice that he never posted again.

I have posted dozens of tutorials on many topics, some fairly detailed. But in this case it was not my intention to give instructions on how to dodge and burn, nor do I think I had any obligation to do that. I was addressing soeypixels and no one else. Sorry you were disappointed, but that's the way it goes sometimes. See?
    Last edited by Peano; 1st December 2009 at 06:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12