Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taiwan Trip in Dec 09

Default Re: Taiwan Trip in Dec 09

Quote Originally Posted by tkbonz View Post
    I'm going for a packaged tour from 26th to 29th dec with family, but have extended 1 more extra day before and after in taipei. Any suggestion to go near or at taipei for 2 separate days?
    Erm... maybe you can go Maokong, can take landscape photo, tea plantation, drink teas, climb mountain, take cable car... can spend a whole morning there...
    (In taipei, just take train can reached lo)

Danshui also a nice place too.. can take a stroll at the shop located at the side of the river, take boat to Fisher's Dwarf featuring the bridge and eat seafood.. lolx
    (In taipei too, just take train can le.)

If got time in the afternoon can go Jiufen too.. Nice place for photography too. Teahouse, old street, eating and shopping...
    (From Taipei take train to Ruifang station i think.. Took around 1++ hour trip)

Not sure your packaged tour include these location or not ..
    As for night activities, look for night market in Taipei such as Shilin night market or Huaxi night market.. I just went last year, feel like going again..

I'm going for a packaged tour from 26th to 29th dec with family, but have extended 1 more extra day before and after in taipei. Any suggestion to go near or at taipei for 2 separate days?
    can celebrate a new year there.
    their new year celebration is so much better than singapore's.

ha ha... i want, but i'm not ready with money..he2
    http://www-homecamera.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nmadness View Post
    Erm... maybe you can go Maokong, can take landscape photo, tea plantation, drink teas, climb mountain, take cable car... can spend a whole morning there...

Danshui also a nice place too.. can take a stroll at the shop located at the side of the river, take boat to Fisher's Dwarf featuring the bridge and eat seafood.. lolx
    (In taipei too, just take train can le.)

If got time in the afternoon can go Jiufen too.. Nice place for photography too. Teahouse, old street, eating and shopping...
    (From Taipei take train to Ruifang station i think.. Took around 1++ hour trip)

Not sure your packaged tour include these location or not ..
    As for night activities, look for night market in Taipei such as Shilin night market or Huaxi night market.. I just went last year, feel like going again..
    Nope...my packaged tour itself doesn't include the places you mentioned so I'll really consider your recommendations. When you say can just take train from taipei, do you mean the train system within taipei or the interstate trains?

Quote Originally Posted by slipperss View Post
    can celebrate a new year there.
    their new year celebration is so much better than singapore's.
    Haha! I'm flying back on the 31st itself. The plane leaves taiwan in the afternoon, so will be "celebrating" the new year in Singapore.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

gg in january.. might be colder and also heading up alishan...

wonder if bring up d90 wad needs to prepare for the cold weather up there

Quote Originally Posted by ohhwat View Post
    gg in january.. might be colder and also heading up alishan...

wonder if bring up d90 wad needs to prepare for the cold weather up there
    im oso going in jan . . but end of jan . . wonder what thing should i take note of if bring camera there

I wonder have any1 been staying in "minsu" for they Taipei trip??
    how was it??
    any recommendations

After reviewing travel guides online and offline, most prob not going JiuFen anymore but going instead to Keelung. The beaches there, old forts and night market seems to be a bigger draw than Jiufen. Furthermore, both my younger brother and me had been to Jiufen before.

Any last min advice? I'm flying off two days later and will check CS tomorrow night before I go.

Anyway, thanks all for replying to my queries so far

After reviewing travel guides online and offline, most prob not going JiuFen anymore but going instead to Keelung. The beaches there, old forts and night market seems to be a bigger draw than Jiufen. Furthermore, both my younger brother and me had been to Jiufen before.

Any last min advice? I'm flying off two days later and will check CS tomorrow night before I go.

any ideas wat to take note of when bringing cam to there? im going there at the end of jan?
    Canon EOS 6D | Capturing a moment of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    any ideas wat to take note of when bringing cam to there? im going there at the end of jan?
    You should be more specific to your question so that ppl here can help. E.g. what type of lens for certain subjects, requirement of tripod...etc

im oso going in jan . . but end of jan . . wonder what thing should i take note of if bring camera there
    duplicate posting...

bring some ziplock bag n place ur cam inside?

Bring along a UWA lens if you have one. Pretty handy.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

You should be more specific to your question so that ppl here can help. E.g. what type of lens for certain subjects, requirement of tripod...etc
    ops sorry . . just my cam with 18-200 lens. . to be specific, how do u take care of the camera when u are there? does the weather affect the camera . . bring silica ? ziplock bag o.o? sorry abit noob. .
    Canon EOS 6D | Capturing a moment of reality

ops sorry . . just my cam with 18-200 lens. . to be specific, how do u take care of the camera when u are there? does the weather affect the camera . . bring silica ? ziplock bag o.o? sorry abit noob. .
    No particular protection required, perhaps some coat or something that can shield the camera from the rain. It rains pretty often in Taiwan though. I just came back from there.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Latest Weather Update:

24 Dec: 17-22
    25 Dec: 16-22
    26 Dec: 16-19
    27 Dec: 14-18
    28 Dec: 14-17

Hmm please bring your winter clothing lol, I will bring my too haizzz. Guess you can bring your
    50mm there.
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by Nmadness View Post
    The Maokong cable car seems to be out of service since last year.
    Might as well change to visit the pandas instead at Taipei zoo, Muzha Line.

Blog Entries

well. i went taiwan quite a few years. 9 years in a row to be exact.

if its cheapo stuff u want, u can try ximending at taipei city.

its quite a trendy spot for youngsters haha

or if ur at kaoshuing, there is this stall selling soft toys at wholesale prices.

高雄市 五福二路 no.136
    its called yuan yuan gong zhu wa wa guan

hehe
    then u can drop by to shilin night market in taipei. go find the stall tat sells 棺材板
    its bread deep fried, cut open like coffin
    stuffed with delicious food inside;D

Wah... So many people going taiwan... I'll be there this boxing day till the 3rd... Guess i'll lug my trusty 24-70 and 16-35 along...

Just some questions.. Anybody expierence new years countdown concert at 101 before? Since i'm covering only 16 to 70mm i guess i have to get real close to the stage to get anything rather than little ant sized celebs huh.. But i heard and see from tv the crowd is like crazy la... Go in don't know take how long to squeeze out.. And don't think i can set up my tripod in the packed madness..

Go in close to catch the stage action or stay more to the outside and catch the fireworks... Hmmmm... Experienced shooters ... I need suggestions..

Quote Originally Posted by hayleymyzee View Post
    Wah... So many people going taiwan... I'll be there this boxing day till the 3rd... Guess i'll lug my trusty 24-70 and 16-35 along...

Just some questions.. Anybody expierence new years countdown concert at 101 before? Since i'm covering only 16 to 70mm i guess i have to get real close to the stage to get anything rather than little ant sized celebs huh.. But i heard and see from tv the crowd is like crazy la... Go in don't know take how long to squeeze out.. And don't think i can set up my tripod in the packed madness..

Go in close to catch the stage action or stay more to the outside and catch the fireworks... Hmmmm... Experienced shooters ... I need suggestions..
    Come early to get the best position.It is possible to get the most front row if you camp there. Just bring your gadget,books,etc to kill waiting boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Bring along a UWA lens if you have one. Pretty handy.
    Fully agreed, dats why I'm bringing my newly acquired tokina 12-24 on top of my 18-200vr

Its not THAT cold that you've to bring a ziplock bag to combat condensation.
    Silica is not really necessary, I've been on trips with DSLR before and didn't need to bring any.
    As i squeezed a crumpler insert (from orient photo) into a backpack, I'm not bringing any dedicated camera bag. So when it rains, i'll pull out a large plastic bag and stuff the whole bag inside.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    well. i went taiwan quite a few years. 9 years in a row to be exact.

if its cheapo stuff u want, u can try ximending at taipei city.

its quite a trendy spot for youngsters haha

or if ur at kaoshuing, there is this stall selling soft toys at wholesale prices.

高雄市 五福二路 no.136
    its called yuan yuan gong zhu wa wa guan

hehe
    then u can drop by to shilin night market in taipei. go find the stall tat sells 棺材板
    its bread deep fried, cut open like coffin
    stuffed with delicious food inside;D
    Thanks for the interesting info, my last day of free and easy will be based in ximending. I just found out online that my hotel is at most 2 streets away from famous food stalls like the ah chung noodle, mi feng (honeybee) coffeeshop and some famous dessert stall

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast