Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd hand D60 or D3000?

Blog Entries

Default Re: D60, D3000 or D5000?

Quote Originally Posted by narofx View Post
    i think TS can lookout for a 2nd hand D70/D70s instead, comes with AF motor in the body.
    Or a 2nd hand D80.

Default Re: D60, D3000 or D5000?

get a second hand d50 lar, msg me if u need one ... haha

Default Re: 2nd hand D60 or D3000?

Get a cheap and cheery one. Can use as second backup camera if your interest continues. I'll get one with an AF motor.

Quote Originally Posted by gameboyz View Post
    Sorry, but because most of my friends using Nikon I'll be choosing a Nikon... hope you guys understand
    I thought most teenagers use Canon?? I got alot of friends using Canon DSLR now, but I still prefer my nikon~
    Anyway, I think you should get a second hand D70 or D80 instead, with AF motor, will make your life easier when you want to expand your lens collection next time...
    Last edited by ITphobia; 28th November 2009 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    D3000 isn't that good? D3000 is similar to D60 D40x, which are all using the sensor and image processors of the D80 and D200.

Usually the limiting factor is not the equipment. It is the skill level of the photographer. Only when you are at a certain skill level will you have a real need or appreciation for some of the more advanced features. In the meantime, the camera that is the most available to you for you to start shooting, will be the right camera for you. Seriously, once you get into DSLR level, even the beginner ones are already very good and capable.

Following are pics taken with a D40x, which has pretty much the same internals as the D3000, without the sensor cleaning or the 11pt AF. All taken with the 18-55 ED2 non-VR kit lens (except for the 2nd one, taken with Tamron 17-50/2.8)

Master...you are good! Do you still accept any more students? I will line up outside your door...

Yes...you have proven what I have always said. It's the photographer that takes good photos, not the camera.

Cheers master sensei...
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Hey guys thanks for all the feedback. I've asked my parents and they both agree I should go with the D5000 because $200 isn't that much (for something already quite expensive) because it has a tilt screen (I believe the term is vari-angle), wider ISO range, decent noise (or rather, lack of), etc. I've also thought about whether the interest will last, and came up with this: Shooting is quite linked to my lifestyle, because when I go out with my friends I take a camera along to shoot some memorable pictures, etc; when I travel with my family we always take lots of pictures, so on and so forth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post

Master...you are good! Do you still accept any more students? I will line up outside your door...

Yes...you have proven what I have always said. It's the photographer that takes good photos, not the camera.

Cheers master sensei...
    Eh.. dun say till like that leh. I very paiseh.

Anyway, just practice and try out new settings. I am sure you will take better pictures than these.

Blog Entries

Hey guys thanks for all the feedback. I've asked my parents and they both agree I should go with the D5000 because $200 isn't that much (for something already quite expensive) because it has a tilt screen (I believe the term is vari-angle), wider ISO range, decent noise (or rather, lack of), etc. I've also thought about whether the interest will last, and came up with this: Shooting is quite linked to my lifestyle, because when I go out with my friends I take a camera along to shoot some memorable pictures, etc; when I travel with my family we always take lots of pictures, so on and so forth.

Have fun with your camera!

Go get it. i upgraded from a D60 a D5000 and i totally did not regret it. The D60 was an overkill and D40 is good enough. Im enjoying my D5000 and i got it for the reason that you have stated. The ISO performance rocks. I can push it to ISO1600 without much worry.
    D5000 | Sigma 10-20mm | Nikon VR 18-105mm | Nikon VR 55-200mm | Speedlight SB600

Well, just a final word, if you EVER get poisoned into getting lenses ...

Only AF-S (Nikon) / HSM (Sigma) / BIM (Tamron) lenses can autofocus on the D5000 or any other non-motor body. Either way, the lenses won't AF during video mode, but i'm sure the shallow DOF in the video would make everything look awesome anyway lol, manual focusing is a skill in itself, despite autofocus's widespread usage

Enjoy!,
    gibss.
    Nikon & Pentax :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12