Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 LastLast

Thread: i just got my K-x!

Default Re: i just got my K-x!

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil3d View Post
    whats iirc?? anyways yea the quick shift feature it come on DA lenses which are the 18-55 and 55-300 right and i saw k7 abt 13xx and the wr dual lens kit is 4xx and they are DA lenses? but what lens are they 18-55 and 55-200? and i think neither pentax cameras come with 18-200mm?
    The WR dual lens kit is 18-55mm and 50-200mm
    Pentax does not have a 18-200mm.
    Used to have a DA 18-250mm (I have that) which is actually a rebadged Tamron 18-250mm, but the lens has been discontinued... you can still find it but it seems shops are selling this for some exorbitantly high price.
    You can still get Tamron 18-250mm for Pentax K mount.
    Tamron and Sigma also sell 18-200mm for Pentax K mount.
    Sigma also has an 18-250mm for Pentax K mount, it comes with OC which is redundant because all Pentax cams already have inbody stabilisation, so price is higher for the Sigma than the Tamron.
    If you are in Korea, you might also be able to find Samsung 18-250mm which is actually the same as the Pentax 18-250mm which is actually the same as the Tamron 18-250mm. The price was quite cheap when I saw it at Incheon International Airport.
    I don't subsidize marketing campaigns.

whats iirc?? anyways yea the quick shift feature it come on DA lenses which are the 18-55 and 55-300 right and i saw k7 abt 13xx and the wr dual lens kit is 4xx and they are DA lenses? but what lens are they 18-55 and 55-200? and i think neither pentax cameras come with 18-200mm?
    It's "If I Remember Correctly".

The 18-55, 50-200, 55-300 have DA and DA L versions. 18-55, 50-200 also have DA WR, which is the current promotional kit.

The DA L versions are sold with the K-x and probably not available separately. They have gray ring on the lenses vs green on DA/ DA WR.

Pentax has DA 18-250 available separately but discontinued. It is optically identical to the Tamron 18-250 which is still available.
    Pentax K-5 K10D ME FA35 50f1.4 DA12-24 DA17-70, Tamron 70-200, Polar 85f1.4, Sigma 17-70
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by woefulwabbit View Post
    The FA 50mm f/1.4 used to be the obvious choice to go for, back when it was ~$330, but the price has gone up to ~$500, so not so obvious anymore. As Scorpioh has mentioned the DA40mm and DA35mm can also be considered.

Sigma has a 30mm f/1.4 and 50mm f/1.4. The 50mm I think it's not worth it, it's significantly bigger and more expensive than the Pentax FA, unless you really want the HSM. The 30mm may be a decent choice (I'm thinking about this one too) if you can't stomach the price of the FA 31mm Ltd, and if you find the FA35mm or DA35mm too slow for you.

Wow`! The FA 50mm f/1.4 only $330 and now $500++

thx for the info guys .So any free image processing software recommended? how much are tamrons and sigmas 18-200 and 18-250 lenses anyway ? and it not that i dont want to have more than one lens but i like the convenience of it ,i like the pictures especially videos offisheye lenses but they are expensive ? or so i think?

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    I am not sure of third party lenses. I heard that the Sigma 30mm f1.4 is quite decent but there are mixed reviews and its not that cheap either. Usally for third party lenses, people get them for the standard kit zoom lens like 18-50mm f2.8. Else its really better to stick with Pentax lenses - seriously, Pentax have a range of very good lenses, don't waste the advantage. In photography, good optics comes at a price but there is also a point of diminishing return.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    Ok, a brief introduction of the series in chronological order: K, M, A, F, FA and DA. From F series on, there's auto focus support. Except for the DA series, the rest are all full-frame compatible, covering the full full-frame image size.
    Hey scorpioh,

thanks for the useful info!

any one bought the latest KX ? what is the price now ? less than 950 ?

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Wow`! The FA 50mm f/1.4 only $330 and now $500++
    FA 50mm f/1.4 is selling 490 at Alan Photo - Funan, and 493 at SLR Rev according to the pricelist thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lanxer View Post
    hi lanxer,

SLR Rev : $782 with single kit lense (1855) and $899 with dual kit lense (1855, 50200)

it is selling like hot cakes!

Quote Originally Posted by lanxer View Post
    K-x Body only: $728 - $745
    K-x w/ DAL 18-55: $782 - $800
    K-x w/ DAL 18-55 + DAL 50-200: $899 - $920
    K-x w/ DAL 18-55 + DAL 55-300: $1103 - $1140

arggh now so cheap making it harder to decide k-7 kx or d90 ?!?!
    i want something to last me in the long run but the kx with such great lenses at that price ... =.=" Oh yea does it come in black only for the kx ? or the kit 2 and 3 have the white one?
    Last edited by Recoil3d; 24th January 2010 at 10:47 PM.

i think only DAL 18-55 comes in white

Quote Originally Posted by woefulwabbit View Post
    If you really want to do your art filters on the camera, then I think the K-x is the only choice. I believe the K-7 doesn't do that but I may be wrong.
    If you're not sure, please don't hazard a guess and convey the wrong info.
    The K-7 does indeed have filters like the K-x.

I do agree that a lot of the filter effects would be better executed during post processing but they do serve a "quick and dirty" way to get picture effects with little effort. Making photography easier is always a good thing imo.

People who think it is a gimmick:
    a) risk the danger of being too narrow minded and dogmatic
    b) haven't bothered to experiment and get to know their camera fully
    c) are blissfully ignorant to their potential and application

I do use the monochrome filters on my K-7 and LX-3 for example. On the K-7, I set my User mode for precisely this feature. It may not be as good as post processing an image in Adobe Bridge, Lightroom or Photoshop but it does offer an interesting approach.
    This very quick shot of Sebianos' classic Agfa was taken with the built-in monochrome filter straight from the camera with no levels or curves post processing. The K-7's exposure metering is just great.

Last edited by creampuff; 24th January 2010 at 11:07 PM.

arggh now so cheap making it harder to decide k-7 kx or d90 ?!?!
    i want something to last me in the long run but the kx with such great lenses at that price ... =.=" Oh yea does it come in black only for the kx ? or the kit 2 and 3 have the white one?
    If you're going to be in it for the long haul, I think the K-7 would be best.

The single lens kit lens are the same color as the body except for navy blue which comes with a black lens.
    The dual lens kits are all black body + lens.

i went searching for the K-x today
    the lowest price i got was $790 without freebies
    i'm eyeing for the red 1
    gonna buy it by end of the month

Nastasea, SLR Rev is selling it for 782. Not promoting them but they give the most competitive price so far. I went to Orient Photo to check out if they have stock for the dual lens kit which sadly they don't and they quoted a few dollars more than SLR Rev. But buy at the shop where you feel the most comfortable

Still waiting for SLR Rev to call me back to tell me when stocks will be coming in =/

Quote Originally Posted by Nastasea View Post
    i went searching for the K-x today
    the lowest price i got was $790 without freebies
    i'm eyeing for the red 1
    gonna buy it by end of the month
    It's a great little camera, and very cool, doesn't matter what color it is, just the coolest SLR camera on the planet right now

Welcome to the family!!!

A Canon user told me 2 hrs ago he was with someone who had the kx and taking photos under the same dim conditions together. While his was blurred and noisy (I think he had the 400D), the kx managed to catch it clear and with so little noise he was visibily impressed by it. I hope he dumps the dark side and join the rebellion He's not fussy about the brand but do care about noise..
    BTW, any price below $800 should grab immediately. Don't let a few dollars difference stop you from enjoying that few more days of photography!
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

About the coolest camera, I was walking around with my white Kx in my uni during a club gathering, I had like all sort of stares at the camera.

Everyone talked to me thinks its a very nice camera.

Someone asked me " Is that a Canon? "

"Urgh no... it's a Pentax"

Quote Originally Posted by kof88 View Post
    About the coolest camera, I was walking around with my white Kx in my uni during a club gathering, I had like all sort of stares at the camera.

Everyone talked to me thinks its a very nice camera.

Someone asked me " Is that a Canon? "

"Urgh no... it's a Pentax"
    I experienced the same thing when I took my white K-X to the PC Show to shoot. Got 1 guy even walked to me & asked the brand/model of the cam.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 LastLast