Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Root Canal or Extract

  1. #1

    Default Root Canal or Extract

    hi guys and gals....as the thread says...need advice on root canal treatment or jus extract my tooth

    thanks all

    cheers
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

  2. #2
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    just walk in to a dental clinic n u get ur answer liao.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    yeap, jus back from my dental, got two options

    cheers
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

  4. #4
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    extract gets rid of the problem once and for all

  5. #5
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    Quote Originally Posted by garagez View Post
    yeap, jus back from my dental, got two options

    cheers
    got $$$, wanna look for swee and got bite..go for root canal treatment

    money not enuff, then extract it out!

    for me, i would rather go for RCT....dun want bor gay..

  6. #6
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    Go to a good dentist for root canal otherwise if the dentist is not skillful enough, the tooth might crack after a while and then you have to extract it. You end up paying for root canal, extraction all together.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

  7. #7

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    The purpose of root canal therapy is to save the tooth.... Extraction is always the last resort, as it has cosmetic and functional implications...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    What someone told me makes quite some sense "you are young, root canal can last over tens of years if its done properly, extract and its gone forever. money can earn back, tooth/teeth can't." Yup, i chose RCT thereafter.

    Highly recommend Alexandra Hospital Dental Clinic. Service and dentist really skilled and tender! No need pay full immediate can choose to pay in parts/installments as your treatment will take a few sessions (depending on how many teeth and if molar or smaller ones). The bulk of the $ goes to the crown. Don't skimp on the crown (i know some people don't want to do the crowning, but again, no point doing RCT if you don't do the crown to protect the exposed tooth/teeth).

    My 2c. HTH
    Licence to shoot.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    What someone told me makes quite some sense "you are young, root canal can last over tens of years if its done properly, extract and its gone forever. money can earn back, tooth/teeth can't." Yup, i chose RCT thereafter.

    Highly recommend Alexandra Hospital Dental Clinic.

    My 2c. HTH
    what is ur recommendation regarding their wisdom tooth extraction? good? cheap?
    おれのflickrださ

  10. #10

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    what is ur recommendation regarding their wisdom tooth extraction? good? cheap?
    ha, i also did my wisdom tooth extraction there! Well, enuff' said, it's considered day surgery so can use CPF to pay. if you do one-two teeth extraction, its Local anesthesia if above, its General anesthesia (knock out). dental fees is never cheap... but at AH its comparable bah (equipments and all definitely better then your local downstairs hdb dentist).
    Licence to shoot.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    ha, i also did my wisdom tooth extraction there! Well, enuff' said, it's considered day surgery so can use CPF to pay. if you do one-two teeth extraction, its Local anesthesia if above, its General anesthesia (knock out). dental fees is never cheap... but at AH its comparable bah (equipments and all definitely better then your local downstairs hdb dentist).
    i donno...my local downstairs hdb clinic bad temper...lol...cheap oso scare to go.hmmm...can go there try try. thanx for the tip.
    おれのflickrださ

  12. #12

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    i donno...my local downstairs hdb clinic bad temper...lol...cheap oso scare to go.hmmm...can go there try try. thanx for the tip.
    no problem AH has the best service (no bad temper, people owe them attitude) and doctors (dentists included) so far from my hospital experiences
    Licence to shoot.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    If you wanna go for a less traumatic RC, make sure you get the tooth capped after that to prevent it from cracking/giving major problems later on.

    If you are ok with the higher risk of an extraction, go for it. Ask your dentist exactly what are the possible complications in your case as each individual is different.

    One of my friends opted for an extraction, and some of his facial nerves got affected, so he has to spend the rest of his life with a slightly crooked face and mouth and he can't fully open his jaw nor pronounce words properly.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    One of my friends opted for an extraction....nor pronounce words properly.
    Ya, i opted for an extraction as i need to travel for work 2 days later that time and the pain was unbearable. GROSS CONTENT

    And yes, pronouciation of words did got a bit affected.

    Jaw biting power too.

    TS, did the dentist recommend dental implant? I covered an event launch by this company and only then did i know such technology is available.

    Nobel Biocare

    But not cheap, a friend got quoted 5K SGD to do it....

  15. #15

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    One of my friends opted for an extraction, and some of his facial nerves got affected, so he has to spend the rest of his life with a slightly crooked face and mouth and he can't fully open his jaw nor pronounce words properly.
    That means the nerve itself was damaged... Yeeesh, sloppy dentist!!!
    Alpha

  16. #16

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    no problem AH has the best service (no bad temper, people owe them attitude) and doctors (dentists included) so far from my hospital experiences
    What's the cost? I need to go for RCT + crown and was given a price by Q&M...
    Alpha

  17. #17

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    I've got different sized chisels, drill bits and cement........I'd be happy to do it FOC
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

  18. #18

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    Quote Originally Posted by garagez View Post
    hi guys and gals....as the thread says...need advice on root canal treatment or jus extract my tooth

    thanks all

    cheers
    I went to my dentist with the worst case scenario in mind i.e. to extract a tooth. There, I asked how bad it was and do I need to extract it. His words were something like... we'll try to save the tooth. That gave me an assurance that he will do his best with my interest in mind. So do try root canal first before extraction.

  19. #19
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    From what I know, root canal is damn pain as compared to extraction of tooth.
    If you want to look nice with the tooth, root canal treatment. If not, extraction.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Root Canal or Extract

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    What's the cost? I need to go for RCT + crown and was given a price by Q&M...
    I did my RCT some years ago, if i remember it correctly its slightly above 1k for both RCT+crown. The bulk of the fees goes to the crown (almost half)! They will do a x-ray of your whole jaw/teeth set, have some gel/jelly like stuffs inserted into your mouth and will do a mould for your teethset and from there they "make" your crown. Quite interesting i may i say.

    (remember, money can earn back la, tooth/teeth lost is a goner).
    Licence to shoot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •