Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 9 or 10 stop ND filter.

  1. #1

    Default 9 or 10 stop ND filter.

    I had a very bad day today.

    I took a 1/2hr hellish drive during peak hour down to MS color @ AMK hub to enquire about 9 or 10 stop ND, because they never reply to my e-quote for 1 week.

    At the shop, they told me they don't have 9 or 10, only have highest 8. I was like huh? then I look at the chart. ND8

    sianz 1/2

    seems like it's very hard to buy anything in Singapore, either salesperson don't know about the product or they don't stock it in the 1st place.

    no one seems to be carrying the Hoya ND400 or B+W ND110.

  2. #2

    Default Re: 9 or 10 stop ND filter.

    got in mass order section.....

  3. #3

    Default Re: 9 or 10 stop ND filter.

    you should have called?
    pedantic.

  4. #4
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: 9 or 10 stop ND filter.

    Quote Originally Posted by uwaWinter View Post
    I had a very bad day today.

    I took a 1/2hr hellish drive during peak hour down to MS color @ AMK hub to enquire about 9 or 10 stop ND, because they never reply to my e-quote for 1 week.

    At the shop, they told me they don't have 9 or 10, only have highest 8. I was like huh? then I look at the chart. ND8

    sianz 1/2

    seems like it's very hard to buy anything in Singapore, either salesperson don't know about the product or they don't stock it in the 1st place.

    no one seems to be carrying the Hoya ND400 or B+W ND110.
    Singapore is such a small place with not so many people. (I think this statement sounds a little bit weird).

    But, if you run your own business, you will know that you can't afford to bring in all sorts of varieties as the critical mass is not there in Singapore.

    If you are into selling photography gear to make money (and not as a public service), will you stock items that you know will be moving very slowly? How many people in Singapore will want a ND10 filter and then they happen to patronize your store?
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

  5. #5

    Default Re: 9 or 10 stop ND filter.

    It's called a telephone. Quite easy to use.
    Alpha

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: 9 or 10 stop ND filter.

    for MS color, some of the things they don't carry stocks, you need to place an order, they will inform you once your order is arrived.

    next time call them to check availability of items you want, else just place an order, leave your name and contact.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7

    Default Re: 9 or 10 stop ND filter.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    got in mass order section.....
    I checked the mass sales section. None of them carries 77mm. Pre-order is also closed.

    Quote Originally Posted by proteonXPR View Post
    you should have called?
    emailed them but no response.

    Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Singapore is such a small place with not so many people. (I think this statement sounds a little bit weird).

    But, if you run your own business, you will know that you can't afford to bring in all sorts of varieties as the critical mass is not there in Singapore.

    If you are into selling photography gear to make money (and not as a public service), will you stock items that you know will be moving very slowly? How many people in Singapore will want a ND10 filter and then they happen to patronize your store?
    I suppose so, but somehow Singapore's shop seems to be lacking in stocks. I tried to buy Tokina 116 and Nikon GPS a few weeks back. Just couldn't find it ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    It's called a telephone. Quite easy to use.
    Usually they will tell me get back to me in a while, then silence.
    Service standard is just not there in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    for MS color, some of the things they don't carry stocks, you need to place an order, they will inform you once your order is arrived.

    next time call them to check availability of items you want, else just place an order, leave your name and contact.
    yeah, sometimes I do that, but usually it takes very very long.
    but today they tell me like 10 stop ND never existed before, so I am also a bit scared to order.

    anyway, it's also a bit late to order now, I will be away for the whole of December.

    sometimes I wonder to myself, what do brick and mortar shops carry? I might as well order it from overseas. email, email, call, call, call, order, wait for 2 weeks - 2 months. sometimes only bring in 1 piece. wrong item or item is spoiled. wow, back to square 1. I think need a lot of patience. Feels like buying from shops is like I owe them a living.

    Anyway, I appreciate all the comments. I will come back to hunt for the items again if I can't find them overseas.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: 9 or 10 stop ND filter.

    TK photo have Hoya ND400, 9 stop ND filter, they only keep stock for 2 sizes, 58mm & 62mm or 67mm.

    For other sizes, they just need one day to order for you.

  9. #9

    Default Re: 9 or 10 stop ND filter.

    Quote Originally Posted by uwaWinter View Post
    I had a very bad day today.

    I took a 1/2hr hellish drive during peak hour down to MS color @ AMK hub to enquire about 9 or 10 stop ND, because they never reply to my e-quote for 1 week.

    At the shop, they told me they don't have 9 or 10, only have highest 8. I was like huh? then I look at the chart. ND8

    sianz 1/2

    seems like it's very hard to buy anything in Singapore, either salesperson don't know about the product or they don't stock it in the 1st place.

    no one seems to be carrying the Hoya ND400 or B+W ND110.
    got my nd400 fr ms color a couple of mths back..
    florence was nice enough to call me a couple of times to confirm the arrangements.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •