Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 523

Thread: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

  1. #81
    Member adorable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bury Road
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)


  2. #82

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    Licence to shoot.

  3. #83

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    conclusion is... hardware problem. can i get an exchange for another Magic Mouse and see if the problem still occurs?
    you can try. try googling for similar issues.

  4. #84
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    1st photo was the model I had 10years ago. Didn't like it then...

    ../azul123

  5. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    any snow leopard users facing major issues with the OS or have there been patches out already?
    Internet connections over mobile broadband are a problem right now and I've seen many others with similar problems. Generally, I wait until 10.x.4, but this computer already had Snow Leopard installed.

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    i'd be getting my MBP in dec..currently using iMac with 10.5 and i'm wondering if it's possible to use time machine and copy the apps over to the new system or should i just reinstall all the apps?
    Don't use Time Machine--use Migration Assistant in the Utilities folder. You can transfer over a FireWire cable or a network.

  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    haven't tried wine yet. how is it?
    ...
    If you've seen the Picasa application, it's built using WINE and works and looks better on Mac OS X than it does on Linux.

  7. #87
    Senior Member NovJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ~Sunny Little Island~
    Posts
    5,651

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Thinking of buying Macbook 13" off the online store with my bro's student pass... cheap cheap... but why is my current laptop fighting so strong...

  8. #88

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    Thinking of buying Macbook 13" off the online store with my bro's student pass... cheap cheap... but why is my current laptop fighting so strong...
    "accidentally" nudge your windows laptop off the table

  9. #89

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    Thinking of buying Macbook 13" off the online store with my bro's student pass... cheap cheap... but why is my current laptop fighting so strong...
    or oops, when did my coffee take a dive onto my lappie?
    Licence to shoot.

  10. #90
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    you probably should update itunes. the latest firmware requires one of the latest itunes releases i think.
    Finally solved my bookmarks problem!!!

    update itunes doesn't help...instead I save a bookmark in iphone then sync it and it sync all my bookmarks!!!

  11. #91

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    Finally solved my bookmarks problem!!!

    update itunes doesn't help...instead I save a bookmark in iphone then sync it and it sync all my bookmarks!!!
    yay, glad it finally worked somehow for u!
    Licence to shoot.

  12. #92
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,858

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    going to switch to mac (partly cos i need to write my own iphone application also haha).

    is this worth it? my fren got lobang for this.

    MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz (precision aluminium unibody);
    13.3" Display, LED-backlit glossy widescreen (1280 x 800);
    2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1066MHz Frontside bus, 3MB shared L2 cache;
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256MB of shared DDR3 SDRAM;
    2GB (2x1GB) 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM (no free slot);
    160GB 5400 rpm hard drive;
    8x SuperDrive with double-layer support;
    Two USB 2.0 ports, One Firewire 800 port and One SD card slot;
    Gigabit Ethernet port;
    Built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n; Bluetooth 2.1+EDR;
    Full-size, illuminated keyboard with ambient light sensor Glass Multi-Touch trackpad;
    60 Watt MagSafe Power Adapter;
    2.04 kg;
    Built-in lithium-polymer battery, Up to 7 hours of wireless productivity;
    Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac;
    Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium;
    3 years International and Local Warranty.

    * Free upgrade to 4G ram

    Price : $2158 (w/o gst)

  13. #93
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    based on the apple pricing of 1988, additional 200 for 2 more years of warranty, office 2008, adobe creative suite and 4 gig ram.

    I say go for it.

  14. #94
    Senior Member NovJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ~Sunny Little Island~
    Posts
    5,651

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    "accidentally" nudge your windows laptop off the table
    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    or oops, when did my coffee take a dive onto my lappie?
    Idea man!!!

  15. #95

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    going to switch to mac (partly cos i need to write my own iphone application also haha).

    is this worth it? my fren got lobang for this.

    MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz (precision aluminium unibody);
    13.3" Display, LED-backlit glossy widescreen (1280 x 800);
    2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1066MHz Frontside bus, 3MB shared L2 cache;
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256MB of shared DDR3 SDRAM;
    2GB (2x1GB) 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM (no free slot);
    160GB 5400 rpm hard drive;
    8x SuperDrive with double-layer support;
    Two USB 2.0 ports, One Firewire 800 port and One SD card slot;
    Gigabit Ethernet port;
    Built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n; Bluetooth 2.1+EDR;
    Full-size, illuminated keyboard with ambient light sensor Glass Multi-Touch trackpad;
    60 Watt MagSafe Power Adapter;
    2.04 kg;
    Built-in lithium-polymer battery, Up to 7 hours of wireless productivity;
    Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac;
    Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium;
    3 years International and Local Warranty.

    * Free upgrade to 4G ram

    Price : $2158 (w/o gst)

    sounds good

    it is the latest model right? is the creative suite premium the education version?
    Last edited by madmacs; 28th November 2009 at 12:37 AM.

  16. #96
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,858

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    sounds good

    it is the latest model right? is the creative suite premium the education version?
    yah latest model... its actually a pricing for NUS students but my friend can help me get this promotion haha...

    ermm not too sure about the creative suite cos not very particularly interested in it... more interested in the 4G ram though haha

  17. #97

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    yah latest model... its actually a pricing for NUS students but my friend can help me get this promotion haha...

    ermm not too sure about the creative suite cos not very particularly interested in it... more interested in the 4G ram though haha
    ah...yup. nus/ntu have the best deals for students. so cs4 is probably edu version.

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    A question here...is the education discount on Apple's site applicable to secondary students?

  19. #99

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Any one here dare to try this on your Mac?

    http://www.doomlaser.com/downloads/KPSaver.zip

  20. #100
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkbee View Post
    A question here...is the education discount on Apple's site applicable to secondary students?
    have you taken the time to search the apple website? the conditions are all stated there.

    How to receive the education discount
    If you are a University, Polytechnic, Junior College or Institute of Technical Education student, or a teacher, administrator, staff member of any grade level, you qualify for special pricing on Apple computers, software, and selected third party products.

    Parents can purchase on behalf of their child, who is currently attending or accepted into a University, Polytechnic, Junior College or Institute of Technical Education in Singapore.
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •