Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162124252627 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 523

Thread: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

  1. #501

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    well well by looking at the specs my current iPad doesn't seem to be outdated at all
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

  2. #502
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Subscribing to this thread.

    i am a mac user since 1995...
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  3. #503
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post
    well well by looking at the specs my current iPad doesn't seem to be outdated at all
    It's very similar, but if you play hardcore games, you'd want to replace what you have most likely. I'm to the point where my second generation iPod touch just isn't working that smoothly with games that arrived in 2010.

  4. #504

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    iOS 4.3 Software Update

    • This update contains new features and improvements, including the following:
    • Personal Hotspot*
      Share iPhone 4 cellular data connection with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)
    • iTunes Home Sharing
      Play music, movies and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
    • New AirPlay features**
      Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV
      Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV
    • Faster Safari performance with Apple Nitro JavaScript engine
    • HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter***
      View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
    • Ping features
      Push notifications for comments and follow requests
      Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen
      Parental controls
    • New Settings
      Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
      iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
      Single tap conference call dialing with a pause to send a passcode
    • Bug fixes


    *Requires iPhone 4 with tethering data plan
    **Requires Apple TV (2nd generation) running software version 4.2 or later
    ***iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation)

    For information on the security content of this update, please visit:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

    This update is available via iTunes.

  5. #505

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Anyone got the prices for MacBook Pro 13" in the IT Fair today?
    Visit me on Flickr!

  6. #506
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by nirenj View Post
    iOS 4.3 Software Update

    • This update contains new features and improvements, including the following:
    • Personal Hotspot*
      Share iPhone 4 cellular data connection with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)
    • iTunes Home Sharing
      Play music, movies and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
    • New AirPlay features**
      Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV
      Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV
    • Faster Safari performance with Apple Nitro JavaScript engine
    • HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter***
      View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
    • Ping features
      Push notifications for comments and follow requests
      Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen
      Parental controls
    • New Settings
      Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
      iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
      Single tap conference call dialing with a pause to send a passcode
    • Bug fixes


    *Requires iPhone 4 with tethering data plan
    **Requires Apple TV (2nd generation) running software version 4.2 or later
    ***iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation)

    For information on the security content of this update, please visit:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

    This update is available via iTunes.
    updated to iOS4.3 and my phone batt went kapuk while i was sleeping...70% down to totally flat in a matter of 6hours. woke up and thought my phone was spoilt, only to find a flashing battery icon when i pressed the power button.

    anyone experienced the same thing?
    eat. drink. shoot

  7. #507

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    updated to iOS4.3 and my phone batt went kapuk while i was sleeping...70% down to totally flat in a matter of 6hours. woke up and thought my phone was spoilt, only to find a flashing battery icon when i pressed the power button.

    anyone experienced the same thing?
    Maybe some app was running in the background which used the GPS or other networking features. This might drain the battery. I also upgraded to 4.3 and no such thing happened to me yet (fingers crossed).

  8. #508
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by nirenj View Post
    Maybe some app was running in the background which used the GPS or other networking features. This might drain the battery. I also upgraded to 4.3 and no such thing happened to me yet (fingers crossed).
    problem didnt occur to me before when i was on 4.2.1..i always close all my apps before going to bed..will monitor the problem again for the next few days
    eat. drink. shoot

  9. #509
    Moderator PhotoProZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    Just wondering if anyone is using the lowest end macbook air (not the new one) for photoshop editing?
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

  10. #510
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Lowest MBA is a 2G RAM 64G SSD, why on earth do they make these.. my guess is for surfing web, reading email, can't be good for photo editing, am using the full blown version 4G 256G SSD though it is the version prior to Thunderbolt, sianz just a 6 months sporadic use only and now saw a newer model out.

    Although mine is still very much adequate but still feels like want to upgrade. i5 or i7 processor would be really nice, I wonder how much improvement on speed?

  11. #511
    Moderator PhotoProZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    Hi, mine is 2GB Ram and 128 flash storage. 6 mths not too bad, I jst bght mine in june. and that hurts!!
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

  12. #512
    Moderator PhotoProZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    I m planning to sell my pro 15" and just keep the MBA. But worried that the MBA will have prblms with CS5... Thats y im asking...
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

  13. #513

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Any good free programe to recommendation for copying You tube to MAC ??
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  14. #514

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Any good free programe to recommendation for copying You tube to MAC ??
    if you mean saving youtube videos to mac, you can use firefox with the video downloadhelper extension.

  15. #515

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    I think its because I had upgraded to OS Lion, all the working ones stop working now and new addons also can't work. Youtude code change might also caused the problem.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  16. #516

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    I think its because I had upgraded to OS Lion, all the working ones stop working now and new addons also can't work. Youtude code change might also caused the problem.
    video downloadhelper works for me on lion.

  17. #517

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Any good free programe to recommendation for copying You tube to MAC ??
    If you're on Safari, click on Activity. Look for your Youtube window, and look for the likely file -- it's normally the large one being downloaded. Double-click on that and another browser window will open. Safari should then start downloading the FLV file.
    2 things to note:
    - you need to start downloading before the vid has fully loaded
    - add a .flv extension to the d/l-ed file. I open in VLC player
    - it works most of the time for me, but there are issues with some vids (cannot d/l for some reason)

  18. #518

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)


  19. #519

    Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

    Didn't know there is such a thread. What an old thread....
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

  20. #520

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162124252627 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •