Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

Default Re: The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

anyone tried hackintosh?

www.hackintosh.com!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I also found this known issue:

After installing ntfs-3g, all NTFS drives will disappear from the "Startup Disk" preference pane. Disabling or uninstalling ntfs-3g brings them back. It seems that this issue can't be solved, but only worked around since the Startup Disk preference pane doesn't recognize file system drivers that are not provided by Apple.

Anyone experienced this b4?
    are you using a mac or pc. mac would not have this problem as far as i know. mac will just run without any add-on nor user input.

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    are you using a mac or pc. mac would not have this problem as far as i know. mac will just run without any add-on nor user input.
    its actually a known issue.

from ntfs-3g for mac os x site:
    Known issues:
    After installing ntfs-3g, all NTFS drives will disappear from the "Startup Disk" preference pane. Disabling or uninstalling ntfs-3g brings them back. It seems that this issue can't be solved, but only worked around since the Startup Disk preference pane doesn't recognize file system drivers that are not provided by Apple.
    Possible workarounds:
    Holding down the Option key during boot (or Alt for non-Apple keyboards).

Intel users only: Install the rEFIt boot manager for better control of the boot process.

Using the command line utility bless (see man bless for more information)

Anyone using the Airport Express? Any feedback regarding it? Considering to get it for hostel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    anyone tried hackintosh?

www.hackintosh.com!
    thinking of actually. but kinda hard to find a suitable netbook that works fully without major tweaking.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    Anyone using the Airport Express? Any feedback regarding it? Considering to get it for hostel.
    Dont have Air port express but got a time Capsule. It works the same except for a Harddisk inside it.

So far its very stable ... when come to interfacing with other OS, no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    thinking of actually. but kinda hard to find a suitable netbook that works fully without major tweaking.
    if you ever think of a pc this guy step-by-step guide is the best http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/09...king-required/

Blog Entries

if you ever think of a pc this guy step-by-step guide is the best http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/09...king-required/
    oh yes! i've seen this. but i want to hack a netbook. hee...

so far only dell 9 and msi wind are straightforward installation. the rest... seems to have some bits not working. darn.. can steve jobs just come up with a mac netbook!!??
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    anyone tried hackintosh?

www.hackintosh.com!
    I had one. Works extremely well. I ended up with the Mac Pro instead. Dunno why but I find the casing just so sweet. LOL!

Its easy to build a hackintosh machine if you can find the right parts and also a great way to kill time. Cheers!
    Last edited by hazmee; 7th December 2009 at 12:18 PM.

so far only dell 9 and msi wind are straightforward installation. the rest... seems to have some bits not working. darn.. can steve jobs just come up with a mac netbook!!??
    i tink if u read some of the sites, Dell mini 10V also works!
    Last edited by coolsigg; 7th December 2009 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    I had one. Works extremely well. I ended up with the Mac Pro instead. Dunno why but I find the casing just so sweet. LOL!

Its easy to build a hackintosh machine if you can find the right parts and also a great way to kill time. Cheers!
    I tried to install on my 3 year old Acer laptop...cant work!

Just remember, as of Mac OS X 10.6.2, no machine running an Atom processor will work without extra work, compared to other Intel processors.

hi can anyone help me out , my ibook g4 out of the blue ask me to re start my ibook ( it come out with 4 different language . each time i restart it keep saying the same thing . what should i do ?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by idpp34 View Post
    hi can anyone help me out , my ibook g4 out of the blue ask me to re start my ibook ( it come out with 4 different language . each time i restart it keep saying the same thing . what should i do ?

thanks in advance
    since when it happen, did you did anything before this happen? what version OS you using?

Try following step:
    1) do a system update
    2) use desk uility and see if there is any harddisk issue
    3) use the CD and do a rescue

If all does not help, last thing: back up data and reinstall OS.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    since when it happen, did you did anything before this happen? what version OS you using?

Try following step:
    1) do a system update

sound like a pc procedure.

hi peterpan thanks for the reply

i being using my ibook g4 for 3 years . today it just happed when i start my com , i didnt do anything , just shut down as usual and start then it happened . if i can remember it should be ver 10 ( wow cant remember )

i lost all my disk where can i still find ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post

Try following step:
    1) do a system update

sound like a pc procedure.

Troubleshooting is the same. Have to find the root cause. :P

Quote Originally Posted by idpp34 View Post
    hi peterpan thanks for the reply

i being using my ibook g4 for 3 years . today it just happed when i start my com , i didnt do anything , just shut down as usual and start then it happened . if i can remember it should be ver 10 ( wow cant remember )

i lost all my disk where can i still find ) ?
    If you still using the OS that comes with G4, then you should be using mac 10.4.X.

Seem like there might be some corruption on the kernel. Ask around for a disk for recovery. If you need, i can provided u upgrade to 10.5. Thats the max OS for G4.

PM me if u need help. we can meet up, u bring ur mac and i bring the disk. :P

time to BBB and upgrade to Intel Mac so that u can install Snow Leopard!

woo, received sms from singtel that my iphone data plan has been upgraded to 12GB instead of the mesley 1GB. competition is good!
    Licence to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    woo, received sms from singtel that my iphone data plan has been upgraded to 12GB instead of the mesley 1GB. competition is good!
    yah, hooray to competition.

it also means that Singtel had been ripping you off all these while as they could have afforded to give you 12GB data bundle. but instead they choose to charge/skim you if you had gone over the 1GB limit.

I am so gonna switch to Starhub and buy my iphone from them when my Singtel contract expires in 1.5 week's time!

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast