Local Photographer example

Just sharing.

Others please share too...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    Local Photographer example

Just sharing.

Others please share too...
    thumb up for Wesley's style (at least for me).
    honest and very human compo.

Thank you flinchy for sharing Todd Johnson's website.

I don't understand something he mentioned in his philosophy. He mentioned hand colouring and infrared, what were those two methods he used? Is it some colur editing that can be done in PS?

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    I'm just saying it's less fancy and pretty to the eye than American weddings, and also not as nice, in terms of photographic opportunities.
    A classic case of "the grass is greener on the other side". Some westerners are floored when they see a local Malay or Indian wedding. Even a traditional chinese wedding has plenty of opportunities.

Yes, much of the action is in the house. So what ? A good photog can make opportunities out of any situation. Want more color ? Do a stop at a local temple. But most locals don't. Why ? Coz they see temples all the time and it feels boring. As boring as a church to a Westerner.

Likewise, the American wedding you see in the pics occur also in the house and in a church. To the average American, he will also think "house and church. So what's the big deal".

It's the way you see things that makes the diff.

Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    any recommendations? i need one in the near future.
    Sorry i cant name them off hand. Was at a friend's Bridal shop when i saw them. Maybe you wanna pay her a visit? She does very fine gowns and her photographers are top notch. Go see the portfolios yourself. Reasonably priced too. I particularly recommend the 2 photographers that did Irin Gan's wedding. Ask to see them. She did the gowns for her.

Anyway her shops name is Margarets Bridal located at ground floor of Ginza Plaza in Clementi. PM me if you need her number.

Wkcheah : Please dont get me wrong. This Todd fella is good without a doubt. What i am saying is some local photographers are really really good as well.

Came around this guy's work in the washington post's photography column. Wonderful stuff. http://www.jeffascough.com/

The washington post article is also pretty interesting:- The Available Light Wedding

Yeah probably. Different cultures intrigue different cultures

Having been to 4 local weddings over the past 2 years, i don't find anything special.

Tea drinking ceremonies are done in the living room of a flat or house. Nothing special to it.
    hehehehe

yah...nothing special. in fact i dun find the American wedding any special too.
    tried japanese wedding?

OT a bit...
    but for me, being a chinese, the tea ceremony is one of the remaining chinese traditional wedding procedures that we know. as like you've said, we're becoming more westernised, maybe in the next few generations to come, our decendents may not even notice they're chinese at all....how sad...

as for photography opportunities, i agrees with chriszzz...

Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryless
    Thank you flinchy for sharing Todd Johnson's website.

I don't understand something he mentioned in his philosophy. He mentioned hand colouring and infrared, what were those two methods he used? Is it some colur editing that can be done in PS?
    nobody bother abt my question? haha...

Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryless
    nobody bother abt my question? haha...

Yes it is. Wasn't it mentioned in the philosophy section?

hey! i like the overseas example much more than the local ones u have given..
    I like especially the portrait of a son and his mother..

Quote Originally Posted by Twilo
    Sorry i cant name them off hand. Was at a friend's Bridal shop when i saw them. Maybe you wanna pay her a visit? She does very fine gowns and her photographers are top notch. Go see the portfolios yourself. Reasonably priced too. I particularly recommend the 2 photographers that did Irin Gan's wedding. Ask to see them. She did the gowns for her.

Anyway her shops name is Margarets Bridal located at ground floor of Ginza Plaza in Clementi. PM me if you need her number.

Wkcheah : Please dont get me wrong. This Todd fella is good without a doubt. What i am saying is some local photographers are really really good as well.
    oh.. thanks but i already signed up with a bridal shop 4 years back.. Its impossible to get the 1000++ deposit i placed with them. I heard that the shop i signed up with, is going to close down..
    I am only looking for a photographer who can do ROM and also actual day event.. No more bridal shops for me.. I regretted signing up for their package, most of the stuff they offered FREE to me is no longer available. How can they do this to me?! It was quite difficult to escape from those bridal shop salegirls who did the promoting at various shopping centres.

Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    It was quite difficult to escape from those bridal shop salegirls who did the promoting at various shopping centres.
    heh tt's y my gf and i never hold hands when walking near their booths... to minimize being approached

Default Re: Best Wedding Photographer ever

one thing i dun understand is that. hw does he (this photographer featured) get pictures of such colours ? it looks like slides to me.

pro can advise here ?

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    one thing i dun understand is that. hw does he (this photographer featured) get pictures of such colours ? it looks like slides to me.

pro can advise here ?
    look here http://www.tjweddings.com/photocorner/#imaging

Quote Originally Posted by henavs
    Man, the 1st pic tat opened up on his 1st page made my jaw drop A very good composition, with the church seen thru from the veil...The lighting...So surreal...Fantastic...

I really like his style...

And yes, this the best wedding photog I've ever seen...

i 2nd to this bro ..

the natural lighting that all of us can kill ourselves for it when you need it

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong

pro can advise here ?

Look his name up in the dpreview forums, there's a few threads discussing how to get the colors. One of the softwares mentioned was this..

http://www.flamingpear.com/melancholytron.html

v nice...

if happen to be an unlucky fella willing to marry wif me i should consider pay a return ticket for him! =p

Exclamation Re: Best Wedding Photographer ever

I'm sorry, i was referring to seeing nothing special, in terms of photographic opportunity. I don't quite know how to put it. I know all the meanings and indications and importance of the traditions and customs we practice and i'm not saying it's anything lesser than american traditions and customs. I'm just saying it's less fancy and pretty to the eye than American weddings, and also not as nice, in terms of photographic opportunities.

The meaning of marraige and how a wedding looks like are two different things. You can have a million dollar wedding and divorce the next year, as compared to someone who married very frugally but ended up being together till death.
    You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, young man.
    You putting the American flag on your Pbase gallery shows what kind of mentality you have.
    I have NEVER seen an American displaying a Singaporean flag, regardless of where he is.

Wait till you graduate and you will find out just how welcome you are in a foreign country and good luck finding an employer who is willing to sponsor your H-1B visa. School is just like in la-la land, everything looks better on the other side of the pond.

Your comment earlier on best possible price in Singapore clearly shows your lack of wedding experience. Weddings in SGP cost tens of thousands of dollars, FAR more than most weddings in the U.S. While your "absolute" best dress idea seems to be suit and dresses, Singapore happens to be a tropical Asian country, not everyone owns a suit.

And you summed up your post with that contradicting cliche line of million dollar wedding
    when all this while you are saying Singaporeans don't spend enough on decor??

"Something special" has everything to do with the wedded couple, and nothing about you, the photographer. If you can't find that "something special" moments to shoot, you fail as a wedding photographer. If you are looking for what is "eye candy" to your ideal American church and backyard setting, maybe you should go marry an American, if you can find one who thinks you are "Westernized" enough.

We will let time be the judge of what I posted here, and see what you do for your wedding next time. Seems like your first few years in the U.S has really gotten into your head. BAAHHHhh, kids these days...demise of Singapore.

kind of a big hat,
    best.....ever.

anyway,
    thats not PJ style.

anyway, if u have seen more wedding albums,
    u will find that most of our photogs
    do it the PJ way,
    for most of the shots anyway.

me, i m too the
    best wedding photographer of the seah family, EVER!

jude

Go to this site http://www.staythisday.com/placeholder.html

Its a Flash site.

And tell me is this not the best wedding photohrapher you have ever
    seen?

Look through his gallery images, read his Philosophy section and
    testimonials. And read his Bio. He is everything i strive to be!
    Giving weddings a photojournalistic touch, gliding
    around the event unnoticed and capturing the perfect moments that
    last for that split second in time.

He has already established his own brand of photography. I don't know
    how he gives his photos that surrealistic look but it's along the
    lines of shooting in infrared and then
    handpainting them. It becomes a perfectly concocted blend! He is an
    expert in Digital Photography. And he only does a few weddings a
    year. Good Wedding photographers
    charge $5000 for a full day of coverage. I think he'll cost way more
    than that.

Must strive to be like him. Haha

Moved thread to a more appropriate location as the Photo-galleries are for uses to post their own work, not the work of others.

Ian
    Reportage and Sports Moderator
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12