Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: which bag is the most suitable?

  1. #1

    Default which bag is the most suitable?

    hey guys can anyone recommend me which bag is the most suitable to fit in 2 lambency diffuser, 2 or 3 flashes, 2 lens(not a zoom/long lens, just normal lens), 1 camera body, 1 water bottle and own personal stuff (like wallet, towel etc..)
    i prefer a sling bag or a buttpack bag..
    can anyone recommend me + the price of the bag too..
    cheers!
    Last edited by hisphotography; 25th November 2009 at 12:25 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    what is a buttpack bag..

  3. #3

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    what is a buttpack bag..
    Hooked on the butt??

  4. #4

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    I think he meant lumbar or beltpack.

    I find hanging something heavy of your waist quite uncomfortable.

    Sling or backpack works better.

    If you prefer not-so-camera-bag kind can look at crumpler. 6-8 million dollar home should fit the bill....can see at their store at ion, wheelock, raffles place. I think some camera shops have also(TK FOTO i think, the one at shaw tower).

  5. #5
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    Ts should be referrin to belt pack right? And u failed to mentioned budget so i believe $ is nt a issue.

    Think Tank Speed racer in my opinion. Or Kata 3n1 Or Billingham 335?

    Why don't you go down to shops like CP, OP and TK where there's a vast collection of cam bags and try it out to you heart content before commiting to the purchase?
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  6. #6
    Member lamergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fratton Park, Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,511

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    hadley series!My dream bag

  7. #7

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    what is a buttpack bag..
    its like a BIG pouch thats hanging at the waist and that BIG pouch can also be a backpack.

  8. #8

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Ts should be referrin to belt pack right? And u failed to mentioned budget so i believe $ is nt a issue.

    Think Tank Speed racer in my opinion. Or Kata 3n1 Or Billingham 335?

    Why don't you go down to shops like CP, OP and TK where there's a vast collection of cam bags and try it out to you heart content before commiting to the purchase?
    lol. budget maybe at 200++ or below..
    prefer in a lowepro bag...
    hey the speed racer bag looks convenient to me.. where can i get it and whats the market price of it..?
    or is there any lowepro bag that is the same desigh/shape like the speed racer..?
    Last edited by hisphotography; 25th November 2009 at 02:15 PM.

  9. #9
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    Get a Think Tank Speed Freak. Tried it out yesterday and it beats similar Lowepro offerings by leaps and bounds. Think it costs $179

  10. #10

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Get a Think Tank Speed Freak. Tried it out yesterday and it beats similar Lowepro offerings by leaps and bounds. Think it costs $179
    but mine is with batt grip.. can it fit anyway..? where did you bought it..?

  11. #11
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    I did not buy it, but it managed to fit a gripped 400D with attached lens facing downwards rather well

  12. #12
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    Quote Originally Posted by hisphotography View Post
    lol. budget maybe at 200++ or below..
    prefer in a lowepro bag...
    hey the speed racer bag looks convenient to me.. where can i get it and whats the market price of it..?
    or is there any lowepro bag that is the same desigh/shape like the speed racer..?
    Speed Racer meets your budget, 219 or 209, can't rem. TK and OP has them. Think Speed Freak recommended by Bro cartman might not fit ur needs, as it's capacity cannot hold so much of ur gear..

    I used to own Speed Freak. Sold it as my gear grows, it can fit my D700 with grip +24-70 and sb900.. and ermm..tats about it, can feed in another flash unit for sure and small lens for sure, but abit crampy. Ur lambency think have to attach to the bag outside.


    Forget lowepro bro if you are looking for wasit bag. Thinktank beats it hands down..
    It can double as a sling bag also.
    Last edited by Numnumball; 25th November 2009 at 02:58 PM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  13. #13

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Speed Racer meets your budget, 219 or 209, can't rem. TK and OP has them. Think Speed Freak recommended by Bro cartman might not fit ur needs, as it's capacity cannot hold so much of ur gear..

    I used to own Speed Freak. Sold it as my gear grows, it can fit my D700 with grip +24-70 and sb900.. and ermm..tats about it, can feed in another flash unit for sure and small lens for sure, but abit crampy. Ur lambency think have to attach to the bag outside.


    Forget lowepro bro if you are looking for wasit bag. Thinktank beats it hands down..
    It can double as a sling bag also.
    bro thank you very much! will grab that speed racer now! gtg! haha...

  14. #14

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    Personally, I'll keep off Crumpler bags as they are kinda like thief magnets. I had my crumpler notebook backpack (King's Single) stolen from behind me, when I place it on top of a barstool, while i was chatting with my friends. Thankfully, I did not have my notebook in there as its also my everyday backpack. But i lost my personal effects like portable HDD and such. Quite painful.

    And I heard that pple have their Crumpler camera bags almost stolen from them.

    So far have not heard from other brands, other than the notebook bags which are screaming to get stolen if you are not careful cos they will almost always signal that there is a notebook in them.

    Just my 2 cents.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm II f1.2L | 580EX II

  15. #15
    Member cg171s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    408

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    Quote Originally Posted by andeelym View Post
    Personally, I'll keep off Crumpler bags as they are kinda like thief magnets. I had my crumpler notebook backpack (King's Single) stolen from behind me, when I place it on top of a barstool, while i was chatting with my friends. Thankfully, I did not have my notebook in there as its also my everyday backpack. But i lost my personal effects like portable HDD and such. Quite painful.

    And I heard that pple have their Crumpler camera bags almost stolen from them.

    So far have not heard from other brands, other than the notebook bags which are screaming to get stolen if you are not careful cos they will almost always signal that there is a notebook in them.

    Just my 2 cents.

    I think people got their gears stolen doesn't really have anything to do with what bag they are using. It's more to where and how they put their bag/gears..

    In the end even if you use the most expensive bags, if you are careful with your belongings, you will be safe.
    Blood is Red for a reason. Liverpool for life.

  16. #16

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    hey guys. thanks for all your suggestions on the bags..
    and thanks to 'numnumball' for that suggestion of yours.
    already bought my speed racer just now!
    haha thanks alot!
    much appreciated!
    and it really convenient me!

  17. #17

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    Quote Originally Posted by hisphotography View Post
    hey guys can anyone recommend me which bag is the most suitable to fit in 2 lambency diffuser, 2 or 3 flashes, 2 lens(not a zoom/long lens, just normal lens), 1 camera body, 1 water bottle and own personal stuff (like wallet, towel etc..)
    i prefer a sling bag or a buttpack bag..
    can anyone recommend me + the price of the bag too..
    cheers!
    well, 2 or 3 flashes.. water bottle..

    if all batteries are in, my suggestion is to stay away from sling or beltpack.

    better to use a backpack, unless you aren't going to be moving around much.

    in which case, something the size of orion trekker II from lowepro (if they still make it) should suffice. kata digitalrucksack d467 or 466 (something like that) should be good enough too.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    Quote Originally Posted by hisphotography View Post
    hey guys. thanks for all your suggestions on the bags..
    and thanks to 'numnumball' for that suggestion of yours.
    already bought my speed racer just now!
    haha thanks alot!
    much appreciated!
    and it really convenient me!
    Congrats on ur new purchase. Glad i can help.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  19. #19
    Member Reim1o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: which bag is the most suitable?

    It should be called Giant Fanny pack. It looks nice for assignments, but I won't use it for traveling overseas. It screams TOURIST too loud.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •