Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dun buy oakely plastic frame sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by zekai
    guess i am unlucky.
    you are not the only one pal.
    mine broke within 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by rotorthrust
    Hi,

I'm an Oakley "die-hard" fan and owns 12 pairs of their sunnies. Started my collections from 80's and currently using one of the 80's frogskin (square frame). I've never encountered any problems or defects as far as plastic frame and lenses are concerned.

Any Oakley "die-hard" fan cares to further comment their opinion on this thread.

Cheers!!!
    dear fellow oakley fans!

I"ve 4 pairs of oakleys...for 5 yrs? one black FIVE(lost), Black A wire(lost ), 2 splices.

None gave me any probs. I'll wear the splice sometimes even when its cloudy, but the glare is still there. People will star, but heck, they can't see thru the mirror lens!

Warranty: The one yr warranty is ONLY for manufacturing defects. So u scratch your lens, break the frame, there's no one for one exchange. U can however pay a 'lower' price for the replacement/repair.

The main branch is Zen optics along stanley road(near shenton way). service is not very good. They close for lunch! (1-2pm) And more often than not, the shop is empty when you go. There's one chio counter staff though.

Their shades are really the best, I won't wear any other shades. $300 for a piece of plastic sounds crazy, but it's worth it. Your eyes deserve the best protection!

Fixed price: They maintain a fixed price policy to all branches. So don't bother to ask for discounts or scout from shop to shop...unless....u can find a shop owner willing to charge u less and at the same time write the original price on the receipt(if u need to claim waranty later on, the price have to be the 'fixed' one, else the shop owner will be in deep ****.)

oakley 4ever!

yes, to add on to the point about the chio counter girl. It is TRUE.

Oh i got mine at discount but of course receipt put RRP.

Tip: shop around at less crowded shop which are more desperate for biz. Show your interest, state your best price then walk out if they dun bend.

No harm what so many shop selling oakely.

Deregistered

yes, to add on to the point about the chio counter girl. It is TRUE.

Oh i got mine at discount but of course receipt put RRP.

Tip: shop around at less crowded shop which are more desperate for biz. Show your interest, state your best price then walk out if they dun bend.

No harm what so many shop selling oakely.
    wonder if Rin is still there or not. Joey doesn't seem to offer a similiar level of service level that Rin provided back in 99 for my then problematic Pro M frame...

A very long overdue pic i took of the crack, pardon the lighting.
    lazy to set up light so never switch it on... 2 sec exposure

my my....

the fact that oakley provides a warranty on these frames while other big brands don't say something about their service quality. i don't remember frames like gucci or dkny offering any warranties. their frames cost as much as the oakley frames.

your replacement will cost 40 with the expired receipt, 80 without.

I have 3 pairs of sunnies, 2 pairs of goggles and 1 precription frame from them.

I have been using oakleys for 6 years, and they have never given me serious problems. I bring my frames and lens to pretty demanding places, in the 6000++ metres in the himalayas where eye wear is actually a life saving choice.

The lens ranked far superior than other lens such as bolle, raybans and so on. While none of oakley lens are of grade 4 protection, they have served me well for month long expeditions there.

I have total faith in them, and Joey is definitely one of the sweetest sales reps around.

Like you said, plastic is plastic, not metal or would you expect them to be bullet proof. Be aware of their limitations, and they will serve you well.

dkny aside, i am very sure gucci frames are of very good material.

how to compare dkny (fahsion brand) with oakely, rayban....

I probably will not get plastic frame next time.

I had owned several pairs of Oakley (okie.. a die hard fan of the brand but not as good still as Rotorthrust ) for the lastt 6 years... no complains, no defects and definitely recommend it for sportmens and people who like the look.

Currently holding on to my fav Xmetal Juliet with Ruby lens, Half jacket, Square frames....etc best investments over the years man...

Tried the Rudy project/ Puma/ Adidas... they are good but not good enuf

dkny aside, i am very sure gucci frames are of very good material.

how to compare dkny (fahsion brand) with oakely, rayban....

I probably will not get plastic frame next time.
    I didn't make a quality comparison. i made a after service comparison. This applies the same for other brands, though I will need to ask whether adidas or bolle offer good after sales service.

it really depends whether you value quality and fashion together. Other brands such as julbo offers fantastic quality but bad fashion sense.

Plastic always work for me...

i think gucci got warranty

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    I had owned several pairs of Oakley (okie.. a die hard fan of the brand but not as good still as Rotorthrust ) for the lastt 6 years... no complains, no defects and definitely recommend it for sportmens and people who like the look.

Currently holding on to my fav Xmetal Juliet with Ruby lens, Half jacket, Square frames....etc best investments over the years man...

Tried the Rudy project/ Puma/ Adidas... they are good but not good enuf

hi..looks like u've got urself a nice pair of half jacket...jus wondering if u got any personal reviews on it...pros, cons, precaution?? coz im thinking of getting one myself...but the frame feels kinda light and flimsy...any comments? cheers

I have three pair of oakely sunglasses.
    All plastic frame.

I just realised they are all not durable considering the high prices we paid for them.

I had one pair the frame crack and the lens pop out. oakely charged me $80 to change the frame as it is out of warranty.

one of my 2nd pair recently showed hairline crack.

I am not super careful when it comes to eye wear. But i feel that the crack came from the detrioration of the plastic over the 2 year i wore it.

imagine you spend $180 for a pair that last 1.5 yr. you are spending $10 a month for eye proctection. I will buy a pair of those ah pek looking ray ban next time. hopefully can last longer.

anyone has the same experience?
    Erm... $180 for a pair of sunglasses?!
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

that happen to be one of the cheaper model

i got a prescription oakley b4. last me quite long even until now. but i didnt change the lens though. tough frame!
    now im a fan of Rudy Project's Kabrio. currently wearing 1 n got another fr backup. lost my clip-on shade though. sad.

*cough cough cough*

Cheaper model? Erm... ok. And I thought $50 for a pair of shades is ex.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

guess i am unlucky.

are you zehui from CE 2002??

song

ive got juliets and a straight jacket both still v good! sat on my straight jackets a few times but not broken! haha upz for oakley!!
    Budget wedding photographer :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefen
    my my....

the fact that oakley provides a warranty on these frames while other big brands don't say something about their service quality. i don't remember frames like gucci or dkny offering any warranties. their frames cost as much as the oakley frames.

your replacement will cost 40 with the expired receipt, 80 without.

I have 3 pairs of sunnies, 2 pairs of goggles and 1 precription frame from them.

I have been using oakleys for 6 years, and they have never given me serious problems. I bring my frames and lens to pretty demanding places, in the 6000++ metres in the himalayas where eye wear is actually a life saving choice.

The lens ranked far superior than other lens such as bolle, raybans and so on. While none of oakley lens are of grade 4 protection, they have served me well for month long expeditions there.

I have total faith in them, and Joey is definitely one of the sweetest sales reps around.

Like you said, plastic is plastic, not metal or would you expect them to be bullet proof. Be aware of their limitations, and they will serve you well.

Replacement without receipt only $80?

My Juliet X-metal's rubber material at the center of the sunglasses seemed to be corroded. Been wanting to change it....no longer can find my receipt...

Owners of Juliet got such problems??

I ditched my 1yr old Straight line 4.0 as it was too painful to wear...the clip(don't know how to call it) was too tight until I got heache at the end of the day I prefer Armani frame

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
    I ditched my 1yr old Straight line 4.0 as it was too painful to wear...the clip(don't know how to call it) was too tight until I got heache at the end of the day I prefer Armani frame
    Yep. Prefer my Armani. Have owned it for years without any problems.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast