Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

  1. #1

    Default Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    Hi all,
    I'm interested in trying out street photography... since this coming friday is a public holiday, wondering would any1 be interested in meetin up for a shoot at orchard?


    -We shall meet 4pm at somerset MRT. From there, we'll walk 2ward Ion orchard direction.

    -Dinner will be around 6 - 6.30pm (subway!!!..haha..or ur got some other suggestion) depend on how "tired" we are.

    -After dinner, we'll have night shooting at orchard, walking from Ion orchard down toward somerset direction (Nice lighting!!!).... Should end around 9pm - 10pm.. depend on how hyper we are...

    First time into street photography hence appreciate shi fu/senior to join and guide along.

    Btw, first time organising too.. hence, to avoid "lost of communication", perhaps I shall limit it to perhaps max 10 persons? (depend ya..perhaps only less than 5 wanna shoot..lol)..

    Things to bring:
    1)Bottle of water (Gd for yourselves..haha)
    2)lenses for sure...perhaps wider range like 10-22 or 17-50mm etc...?!
    3)Tripod if wanna do night photograpy
    4)BRING YOURSELVES!

    --->>> In the event if rain and require to cancel off, i'll sms your 1 hr before hand...<<<---

    kindly add your name and pm me your hp no.
    ***WELCOME ALL GENDER AND BE IT PRO OR NEWBIE.. (btw..i'm still newbie)

    1) FireZ..
    Last edited by FireZ; 25th November 2009 at 07:24 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    1) FireZ..
    2) Altern8tif

    Just what I was looking for... Newbie at this too, and wish to learn more from the more experienced. What's an ideal lens for street photography? Would a 50mm suffice? I also have a 28-105mm for more general purpose use...
    "Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication" | Flickr

  3. #3

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    Quote Originally Posted by altern8tif View Post
    1) FireZ..
    2) Altern8tif

    Just what I was looking for... Newbie at this too, and wish to learn more from the more experienced. What's an ideal lens for street photography? Would a 50mm suffice? I also have a 28-105mm for more general purpose use...
    hi..welcome.. perhaps wider range better? like...tamron 17-50mm on crop body etc onward?.. no idea leh..
    jus treat it as a test trial to gain experience lor..haha...

    *** kindly pm me your hp hence easier for me to update your through sms (unlimited sms for me)...
    add me in msn if wanna at QJM_1987@hotmail.com

    cza all...
    cheers!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    1) FireZ..
    2) Altern8tif
    2) Vee5

    Would say I'm newbie too. I may try using films and AP :-) but I won't join you guys for dinner sorry!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    argh got exams cannot join.... next time shall join!

    street shooting i use 35-70mm, like to be close to the people that i shoot.

    lens size best is small so wont so AA.

    focus fast, shoot, den siam.

    have fun guys!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    Quote Originally Posted by vee5 View Post
    1) FireZ..
    2) Altern8tif
    2) Vee5

    Would say I'm newbie too. I may try using films and AP :-) but I won't join you guys for dinner sorry!
    no probs be it watever camera... cza this friday!

    Quote Originally Posted by hellfire88 View Post
    argh got exams cannot join.... next time shall join!

    street shooting i use 35-70mm, like to be close to the people that i shoot.

    lens size best is small so wont so AA.

    focus fast, shoot, den siam.

    have fun guys!
    thz for the info... hope to shoot wif you if got chance..
    all e best for ya exams..
    cheers!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    oops, never mind. forgot i had something else on! sorry, can't join.
    Last edited by symphonic; 25th November 2009 at 06:40 PM.

  8. #8
    Member kenpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    telok blangah drive
    Posts
    161

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    hi
    i am kenneth hp 98670412
    pls include me in
    there is fire festival at dhoby ghuat green sounds interesting?
    can i hv your contact hp pls
    thanks

  9. #9

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    aiyah got a Bonfire event at 730pm leh.. how to go for this outing?? next outing pls inform!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Purple Line
    Posts
    207

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    I am interested in the Night shots, can meet you guys at dinner instead at around 6+ ?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    Quote Originally Posted by symphonic View Post
    oops, never mind. forgot i had something else on! sorry, can't join.
    Ophs..nvm...there will b chance..
    cheers!

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpaul View Post
    hi
    i am kenneth hp 98670412
    pls include me in
    there is fire festival at dhoby ghuat green sounds interesting?
    can i hv your contact hp pls
    thanks
    er...perhaps i'll c on saturday leh...sorry ya bro... coz i think the route of shooting from somerset up to Ion and follow by from ION to somerset for night shoot is jus nice for timing...
    sorry ya..

    Quote Originally Posted by R1szuan View Post
    aiyah got a Bonfire event at 730pm leh.. how to go for this outing?? next outing pls inform!
    go on sat instead? I think is 2 days...

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSuns85 View Post
    I am interested in the Night shots, can meet you guys at dinner instead at around 6+ ?
    hi..sure..but eating wif us? update again ya..

    *****TO THOSE CONFIRM JOINING...KINDLY ADD YOUR NAME BELOW AND PM ME YOUR HANDPHONE NO. SO AS TO MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR ME YA...THANKS!..

    1) FireZ..
    2) Altern8tif
    3) Vee5
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    .....
    Last edited by FireZ; 25th November 2009 at 07:24 PM.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Purple Line
    Posts
    207

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    1) FireZ..
    2) Altern8tif
    3) Vee5
    4) redsuns85
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

  13. #13

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    How can do street photography in a group?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtol19 View Post
    How can do street photography in a group?
    y can't?
    er...i got no idea y u post this question..perhaps u got more experience in this?..mind sharing?

    for me...if it is regarding about attracting attention..er.. there might be a high chance but since is near christmas season n is a holiday on friday...ppl shd b more relax isn't it?..anyway.. i intend to use 70-200 for street shoot so..haha...can act blur..

    do share your tips ya..

    cheers!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    Quote Originally Posted by FireZ View Post
    y can't?
    er...i got no idea y u post this question..perhaps u got more experience in this?..mind sharing?

    for me...if it is regarding about attracting attention..er.. there might be a high chance but since is near christmas season n is a holiday on friday...ppl shd b more relax isn't it?..anyway.. i intend to use 70-200 for street shoot so..haha...can act blur..

    do share your tips ya..

    cheers!

    The spirit of street photography is to be bring out the humour/irony/truth of life in its rawest form. It's about capturing people/places at their most candid moment. By going around in a big group,
    1) you attract attention of the subjects so nothing's candid anymore
    2) you go slower and end up with less unique perspectives because everyone's floating around the same place

    It's like holiday travel. The bigger the group (think tourists hauled from attraction to attraction by the busload) the more mainstream/less unique your experience. Think about it- if you were taking a photo from a certain location, it's unlikely for some photographer in this street photography group to go to the opposite side to try for a different angle. Because then you two get into each other's frames. So, everyone ends up shooting more or less from the same perspective and ends up with mediocre shots.

    At the end of the day, street photography is a lot about capturing the Moment-- and it's brief and fleeting so you need to be fast when it happens. In a group, you lose that ability to be spontaneous.

    The best street photography I've ever seen and done myself have all been the result of solo trips.

    Bottom line: this genre of photography is tough as it is. Don't make it harder on yourselves.

    My two cents.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jurong West St65
    Posts
    2,578

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtol19 View Post
    How can do street photography in a group?
    The group will meet together but when come to shoot - own time own target.

    At this period, lots of photographers are on the Orchard Road, the street people won't even notice.

  17. #17
    Member kenpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    telok blangah drive
    Posts
    161

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    1) FireZ..
    2) Altern8tif
    3) Vee5
    4) redsuns85
    5) kenneth
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

  18. #18

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    Quote Originally Posted by spiralblast View Post
    The spirit of street photography is to be bring out the humour/irony/truth of life in its rawest form. It's about capturing people/places at their most candid moment. By going around in a big group,
    1) you attract attention of the subjects so nothing's candid anymore
    2) you go slower and end up with less unique perspectives because everyone's floating around the same place

    It's like holiday travel. The bigger the group (think tourists hauled from attraction to attraction by the busload) the more mainstream/less unique your experience. Think about it- if you were taking a photo from a certain location, it's unlikely for some photographer in this street photography group to go to the opposite side to try for a different angle. Because then you two get into each other's frames. So, everyone ends up shooting more or less from the same perspective and ends up with mediocre shots.

    At the end of the day, street photography is a lot about capturing the Moment-- and it's brief and fleeting so you need to be fast when it happens. In a group, you lose that ability to be spontaneous.

    The best street photography I've ever seen and done myself have all been the result of solo trips.

    Bottom line: this genre of photography is tough as it is. Don't make it harder on yourselves.

    My two cents.
    Hi..thanks for sharing your experience! 2ml is my 1st time trying.. n ya.. probably we'll jus spread out n sort of own time own target like wat bro dykat2009 mentioned..
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by dykat2009 View Post
    The group will meet together but when come to shoot - own time own target.


    At this period, lots of photographers are on the Orchard Road, the street people won't even notice.
    ar ha..thanks bro...perhaps gonna do like wat u mentioned which seem quite link wif what spiralblast stated.

    update..currently...only 4 for street photography, 5 for night photograpy (coz redsuns85 can only join us for dinner or after dinner).

    cheers all!

  19. #19
    Member ShutterBlink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok(Chai Chee Dr)
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    1) FireZ..
    2) Altern8tif
    3) Vee5
    4) redsuns85
    5) kenneth
    6) ShutterBlink
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

    Hi guys, Im also a Newbies...do we still need the flash for night photography or i just bring it along with me just a case. Cheers!
    flickr | Nikonian | multiply

  20. #20

    Default Re: Street photograpy at orchard this coming friday (27/11/09)

    1) FireZ..
    2) Altern8tif
    3) Vee5
    4) redsuns85
    5) kenneth
    6) ShutterBlink
    7) dmhchew
    8)
    9)
    10)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •