For the benefit of consumers, let's list all the camera-seller's favourite tricks:-
- 1. Quote a cheap price, then later say GST not included.
- 2. Throw in a lot of "freebies", and then mark up the price.
- 3. If customer is walk-in, see how he dress and talk whether rich anot.
- 4. If customer is telephone cold-call, listen how he talk whether rich anot.
- 5. If customer is telephone cold-call, make sure use trick no. 1 above, and reveal GST only when customer arrive.
- 6. Say special offer is for limited pieces (whilst stock last), later when customer arrive, say stock finish.
- 7. Pay an ah pek to sit on stool outside camera shop and stare at other camera shop to look see what customer exit. If customer cannot find something, make sure to ask.
- 8. When customer request to try / play with a display set, tell customer to go to the supplier's office to try. Say got no display set.