View Poll Results: Are you willing to buy a digital photo frame as a display piece (cost around S$499)?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would love to own one.

8 11.27%
  • Yes, if the price is cheaper.

43 60.56%
  • No way, it's an absolute waste of money/

20 28.17%

Thread: Digital Photo Frames, anyone?

Question Digital Photo Frames, anyone?

This seems to be a relatively unheard of product here, but it might be of interest to those who are keen on digital photography. Basically it is a photo frame with a small LCD screen built in, and it displays your digital photos in a slide show manner.

The URL for the product: http://www.pacificdigitalcorp.com/products/mf570.asp

Just wondering how many CSers here would like to own such a gadget, which probably costs around S$499. If there is enough interest, we might be able to do a mass order.

Don't worry, indicating that you would like to own such a gadget doesn't mean confirming to place an order if there is a MO.

Any comments on this product? After following an older thread on converting an old laptop into a digital photo frame, this product seems rather expensive to own.

I would love to own one. ANyone know where to get a set in Singapore?

would love to habe one but the price is a bit .......wonder if we can diy our own digital photo frame? Should be rather easy if you know the know hows.......1 LCD and LCD controller......1 media reader slot....... flash memory......program.....some guys very good at electronic and programming

Quote Originally Posted by Xpose
    would love to habe one but the price is a bit .......wonder if we can diy our own digital photo frame? Should be rather easy if you know the know hows.......1 LCD and LCD controller......1 media reader slot....... flash memory......program.....some guys very good at electronic and programming
    Well a LCD itself is already gonna cost quite a bit right? Unless it gets cheaper, don't think its a very feasible idea...

maybe we can try to get those like 5 to 8 inches "barebone" type?

anyway, someone has already tried diy the digital photo frame already and so I dun think that it is impossible to do so.....and somemore that guy is using a normal 15" LCD display.

i think waste money

errr

watse money yah its abit true

like that i still prefer to either view on comp screen (can play mp3 @ same time somemore) of just print it out ah?

but ah yeah..its still an innovation..hehe

I think waste $$$ to buy and waste $$$ to make it work

Default Re: Digital Photo Frames, anyone?

If can buy 2. 1 for portrait pics display & the other for landscape pics display. But non-digital display beats print yet. I know this 2 are different media lar.

I want but will wait for the price to go very much lower. 22" LCD only cost less than $400.

We have to wait untill nanotechnology becomes advanced to the state that nano-digi-photo frames are as cheap as their print counterparts now
    Who knows that might only be in the year 2500 lol

I would love to own one! Have been looking around at a few in Funan, but for me, its quite expensive still.

wah who dig up such an old thread.. comparing 2004 comments to present day tech not quite fair right?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

And btw,the price fall from $499 to $129+ at Harvey Norman liao